Questions About Scenario Editor

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by deans.ma, Aug 21, 2020.

1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Evening,

I must admit I've been enjoying my TSW experience today (not sure about my PS4 friends tho hehe) and I have a few questions about the Scenario Planner/Editor tool.

#1. Can I place individual cars wherever? Like if I wanted to put a boxcar at the Rockwell Mine to pick up is that something I can do?

#2. Can I create custom consists? I.e if I wanted a 6 unit AC44 powermove could I spawn one in?

#3. Can I dictate what the AI Trains pick up/drop off? I.e if I wanted a southbound manifest come into Cumberland, drop the last 10 cars, then proceed to the portal is that possible?

thx in advance,

-Dean

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

From what Matt and Sam have said in the Q&As:
    #1. No. You have to pick groups of cars/locomotives that the game provides. Ex) 5 boxcars, or 3 tank cars, or 5 mixed cars, etc.

#2. I would expect you could. This relates to the first answer, you could select a group of two AC44s and spawn that same group 3 times. Voila, 6 units leading a train!

#3. Trains (AI or player) can not make set-outs/pickups. You can only set routes that are point A to point B. AI trains do not use portals. You would have to park every AI in a different yard/main track as the finish. It wouldn't matter how it looks, because after you leave the yard, it is behind you and you won't see those trains anyways.