PC Tsw New Dlc Teaser

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NAYDOG, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

post on TSW twitter. To me it looks German, but im practically a noob compared to you all :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

It'll undoubtedly be German. UK, US and Germany have always been their core go-to countries. Look at the three routes in TS2018, for example, and then look back at previous years.

Considering the outstanding issues with the signalling system on GWE though, I'd be a little worried about the already complicated array of signalling and safety systems on German trains. I could never get into German routes in TS20xx as the cab was like piloting a starship.

3. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Looks like a german ICE to me. Not entirely sure though.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  4. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Agreed, it looks like a German ICE train to me as well

5. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

I agree. I think it's a teaser shot for the first German route for Train Sim World and that's probably and ICE 3 trainset behind the man in that shot.

Even though I don't care for German trains, I know Dovetail Games said they're making a German route for Train Sim World and I think it makes sense to say that this is a teaser shot for their first German route.

Currently, the ICE trains in Europe are the basis for the California High Speed trains that are expected to run in 2029 for the whole first phase from San Francisco to Los Angeles and Anaheim. What I think would be cool for a future route for Train Sim World would be the California High Speed line from San Francisco to Fresno and have the new high speed trains in it which are basically sisters to the ICE 3 sets used in Europe, that way Dovetail Games can save money and make a route set in the future. Although I'm sure that this teaser picture has nothing to do with the California High Speed route.

6. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :D:D:D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  7. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

isnt that Austrian?

8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

9. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

animalkosmik's picture is of an ÖBB Taurus locomotive, yes.

Which is one of the most common pieces of DLC for Train Simulator (DTG made one, RSSLO made one, Railworks Austria made one, HRQ made one) so if a Taurus is coming to TSW, I hope it's at least as detailed as the one made by RWA.

10. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

I believe we are looking at a DB Class 101. The next route was said to be a German route, and the 101 is one of the most common trains in DTG German DLC. The slope of the nose doesn't match up with an older ICE 1 or 2, too boxy for an ICE 3. Could reveal that the route is not long enough for the ICE as well, but if it is electric, I hope they have variable-height catenary lines. It would be exciting to see pantographs act realistically.

Hope I'm wrong and there is an ICE train included, it would be nice to go fast... real fast

11. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Taurus would be cool. Can’t get over how musical those things are. And how well they perform at everything.

12. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I had to look at it a couple times to realize there was an outline of a train behind the guy. I guess its time to get on the hype train!

I'm not able to load that second picture on my work computer so I'll check it out when I get home. I'm always excited to hear the tiniest bit of info or teasers for new stuff!

13. Shukiii

Guesses I have seen so far that seem somewhat reasonable: ICE 1 or ICE 2, BR 101, BR 422, control car of a german dostos or Railjet/ES64U4/ES64U2.

14. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Ah, I see you're the man of culture as well.

At least I hope wheelslip will be finally tuned and enabled with introduction of these locos, otherwise they'll be able to handle any consist on Sand Patch single-handedly or participate in drag races with a decent number of passenger coaches even. That would be weird.

15. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

3975EC49-1661-459B-AE6C-295C4799421C.jpeg 3975EC49-1661-459B-AE6C-295C4799421C.jpeg
    One could also argue that we are getting a class 345. It would make sense since you could run it along the GWE. Plus I thought it was already confirmed that the German route that is upcoming will contain an ICE train because one was seen in development on a dev diary video. But I guess it also does also look like a Taurus.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pschlik

I thought the train that was seen in the one video was the TS18 APT or the TSW HST...but that was the dev diary to announce TSW, was there a newer tease I missed?

17. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a dev diary for TSW since it's original release; not that I've seen anyway. I did read that the APT is coming to TS2018 though.

The reason I believe this is a new route, and not an add-on for GWE or CSX, is down to the figure in the artwork. Every route so far has its own representative character and if you look at the one above he's different from Mr. GWE whom I see to my left.

He, or she, is holding their wrist in front of them, rather than behind them. Their jacket has a much sharper plunging V shape than the GWE jacket and they only appear to be wearing one jacket while Mr. GWE is wearing two.

Besides, I doubt a loco release would warrant artwork like that. I could be wrong though, as we haven't been through a loco release yet. Any which way; I do like artwork that DTG has put out so far. I don't think they've been commended for it yet but it's really good.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  18. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

A loco add on for csx had another aproach to be put in the picture. This is a teaser for a new route..

19. QO1922

QO1922 Member

I think it's a French DLC. The label of the jacket seems to be one of SNCF.
    Another very interesting thing is the face of the man, it looks like a painting by Pablo Picasso! It could be the tram and the subway line that pass through Picasso Bobigny station in Paris.

Regards

20. Daniel Bloch

Looks for me like a german DB uniform, the form of the train fits to an ICE, BR101 or BR182 (aka Taurus).
    [​IMG]

21. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

You could be right. And i think its the br 182 then.

[​IMG]

22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's a full body shot of the uniform.

I bet DTG are loving this thread now.

23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Okay, here's my 2-cents worth: How about another combined freight and passenger effort with the DE BR Voith Gravita shunting freight?
    "If wishes were fishes, we'd all have a fry," as my German-born Grossmutter used to remind me. (Hope that I spelled that correctly!)

24. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I hope theyve read this and seen that in my mind, we've solved the teaser ;) BR 182 for me too.

just to add complete coincidence - the featured route addon on the TS home page is the route which includes the OBB Taurus/1116 ;) ;) ;)

context:
    Semmeringbahn – Mürzzuschlag to Gloggnitz Route Add-On

25. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

26. Shukiii

Probably a commuter.Talent 1 or 2 maybe?

27. NorthRail1

The windows added to the image look identical to those on a DB BR 442

28. pschlik

The side looks a lot more like a Talent 2. Definitely an EMU, at least.

29. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

That's definitely a Talent2, maybe it's a Talent3.

Hopefully it isn't as bug ridden as the one DTG initially released for Train Simulator.

30. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

so talent 2 confirmed ;)

im gonna guess 2 more to come.

31. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I wonder how far off the release is? I would've expected the GP40 first.

32. NorthRail1

DTG said on the facebook page that the GP40-2 will be released very soon. The new route will probably be released some time in the new year, probably no later than March

33. volvolover1972

Don't know much about German routes and trains. So what notable routes does the talent 2 operate on that DTG might be developing?

34. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Talent2's operate in a lot of places in Germany, they're as ubiquitous as Electrostars in the UK. Various operators have them, such as DB, National Express and Abellio. You can see them around Berlin, Leipzig, Dresden, Frankfurt, Munich - Garmisch, Cologne, Rostock...

In the future, ÖBB of Austria will receive Talent3 units which will enter service on the S-Bahn Vorarlberg (Lindau - Bregenz - Feldkirch - Bludenz - Schruns).

35. Daniel Bloch

Munich - Garmisch Partenkirchen for example is a route where the Talent 2 is in service. This route could be looking amazing in the UE4 engine if DTG will build that long route. (100km)

36. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Possibly much, much sooner...

• Like Like x 2
  37. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

see does that related to the GP4- release today or the German DLC route.....Jay, you troll.

38. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Make of it what you will. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  39. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new route anyway.. Some more services to do. The CSX loco is not my cup of tea so don't know if i gonna buy it.

40. pschlik

New more clear version has some detail in the front. One of the buffer pads can just be made out. Definitely looks like one from some varients of the Talent 2. Narrows down which ones we will see, at least. TBH, I like the ones without the buffers more. Looks even more sleek.
    4872846C-8D7D-4268-BCE7-B09235F2975B.jpeg
    17EEADC7-93CB-47D8-8F0D-28FBFA6763AE.jpeg
    The general shape of the coupler is also visible as well in the art.

• Like Like x 1
  41. volvolover1972

Does that mean we could see this new mystery DLC before the new year?

42. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Maybe its the desiro from the sncb/nmbs from belgium! But sadly its going to be the german talent ;)

[​IMG]

43. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

new teaser - tomorrow full reveal. DLC is called Rapid Transit.

44. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

They added rapid transit to the logo.. cant say what that means for what route. Anybody else got a clue?

45. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

They're possibly doing one of the S-Bahn systems for one of the German cities.

46. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

City to Airport transit ICE confirmed ;)

Im hoping they stick to the formula of 1 regional, 1 long hauler and 1 freighter if im honest - but we shall find out tomorrow. Im guessing it will just be the full thumbnail, but id love a trailer or some screens.

47. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to that its more trains then one..

48. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I mean 1 of each - so 3 per pack :)

49. pschlik

Well, if a Talent 2 is the cover train...I’m skeptical as to how many other trains would be. If an ICE were in, that would be the cover train considering how much more important and more famous those are. Putting a Talent 2 on the cover is like putting the 166 on the cover of GWE-it doesn’t make much sense unless there isn’t an HST. Might still see some less famous trains in there though to account for freight?

50. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I cant see them shipping just 1 loco in a route addon, but I get what you mean by a odd choice of cover star.