Livery Designer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thesuperpuffin, Aug 21, 2020.

1. thesuperpuffin

thesuperpuffin Member

I've been playing srountd with the livery designer and have a few suggestions on how to improve it.

1. A colour picker to allow you to pick colours that you have used previously, rather than having to go through the tedius process of getting the colour exactly right on the sliders.

2. When applying the base coat to a train, there should be an option to apply to all carriages

3. When using the bumpers to move up and down the train, the camera view that was viewing the train should just be translated sideways, rather than reset to the default view

4. A way of grouping multiple layers for copying and pasting

5. When using the camera, I kept hitting an invisible wall and found it hard to view the other side of the vehicle. The space around the train should be a more open space, allowing for easier navigation

• Like Like x 6
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

1. Matt said hex code will be in the livery designer update, this will allow you to pick a specific color each time, rather than guessing.

2 & 3. I definitely agree

4. There is a way to do that.
    Start at 1:40:31 for the answer to your question.
    Start at 1:38:18 for a basic tutorial of the livery designer.

5. Again, I agree

• Like Like x 1
  3. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I've been working with the livery designer almost exclusively since launch and I've found it much more usable than I was expecting (especially after plugging in a controller despite being on PC);
    While doing so I made a list of additions that would improve the experience:
    • Group colour change.
    • Undo last adjustment.
    • Undo the deletion of a layer.
    • Deleting a layer causes the layer below to be selected (rather than having to scroll back down from the top when using a controller)
    • Numerical indication of degrees of rotation, scale of object, and coordinates of layer.
    • In secondary layer control mode (T or left bumper) keep the unused left stick/arrow keys as "move" control like it is in primary controls.
    • Ability to toggle the visibility of a layer.
    • Mirror layer (Already said on stream its in planning)
    • Hex code colouring (Also mentioned on stream)
    • Ability to toggle a movement constriction to just an X and Y axis when using a controller.
    • Ability to toggle a varying degrees of rotation snapping.
    • Allow camera movement during colour change.
    • Alternate lighting conditions.
    • Maintain the pixel quality of individual layers in a group that is a physical large size.
    • No more shapes that are diagonal within their bounding box (the preview icon can be). It makes it difficult to scale to the X and Y axis.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

I cannot agree more on many of these points, especially numerical rotation selection. I know it is supposed to be a simple tool to use, but it should also have the option to have more detailed options.

• Like Like x 1
  5. antellis01

antellis01 New Member

Would be good of it was more like forza layout.