So.... No Day One Patch?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by superfan420, Aug 21, 2020.

1. superfan420

superfan420 New Member

Im just gonna assume there is NOT going to be a day one patch.. which is kind of a shame this game feels more like a public beta than a true fleshed out game. There's a lot of issues that make the game almost unplayable ***at least on consoles*** I feel like the devs didnt even try bug hunting the console ports.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

They addressed these issues if you look at a ton of these threads & there is a pinned thread about these bugs

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

When you download the game it automatically grabs the latest version. Since the game was only released on day one, you have the day one patch.

4. superfan420

superfan420 New Member

Was trying to find any information on when the AC4000CW was going to be patched and couldnt find it I even summited a bug repot myself but i haven't gotten a response from the devs? could you link me the post?

5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

This really isn't a big help but it seems like sam/DTG protagonist posted this thread acknowledging the bugs https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/if-you-have-a-technical-problem.25240/ This post is from this morning

6. superfan420

superfan420 New Member

yeah that's where i reported the bugs to, but I havent seen an update since that post on if they are gonna do a bug fix patch or not

7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Well DTG isn't know for day 1 fixes they usually gather up the bugs & fix them.But you are new to these forums & I need to tell you something DTG is known not to fix some bugs.But since the preserved collection is going to get some fixes I think DTG is going to fix a ton of bugs in the new 3 routes

• Like Like x 2
  8. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

PS4 is on Build 46 I believe, Xbox One is only on Build 44.

This wouldn't be the first time that Microsoft certification seemingly held up so-called day one patches, both F1 2020 and Streets of Rage 4 suffered weeks, months long even delays to their first patch.

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah with the f1 games Microsoft held a big update for xbox users for over a week

10. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Just because the two platforms are on different build numbers, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Why so quick to blame Microsoft? It could be DTG hasn't released any updates yet. After all they're not renowned for their speed of fixing faults.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

DTG said on stream that the game would download with the day one patch installed.

Given that games such as F1 2020 are the same build number across PC, PS4, and Xbox One, not to mention the fact it's simply going to be easier to have all platforms on the same build, and the fact that Microsoft have previous when it comes to holding up day one patches, it's pretty easy to see why I am "blaming" them, if you must put it that way.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  12. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

And DTG always do everything they say they're going to do? Editor, multiplayer!
    Just because one company does it, doesn't mean that it's the same in this case. There's nothing to oblige them to have all platforms on the same build number.
    Again, just because Microsoft have previous, doesn't mean it's because of them on this occasion.

13. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Does it not make you think each platform might have unique issues causing different build numbers? Forza doesn't have the same build numbers on PC and Xbox.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Really? What console are you on?

Running very well for me, nice graphics and stable frame rate.

• Like Like x 2
  15. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

There are a few bugs that have appeared that does make you wonder how thorough the testing is. For example the CSX tutorial not being able to be completed in immersion mode is one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

True, I managed it with a keyboard, but like you say, should be able to complete without plugging in additional hardware. Hopefully you're still enjoying the game.

17. superfan420

superfan420 New Member

Yeah apparently xbox build wasnt thoroughly tested before release