Extra Timetable Services With Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by argyle_smurf, Aug 21, 2020.

1. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

I'm sure I remember hearing during a live stream that if you have certain DLC content the Koln Aachen will have more services and a busier timetable. Is this true or did I dream it? If so, does anyone have specifics?

2. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

It is true, however you'll have to wait. Both MSB and RRO bring extra services, but neither are preserved. When they're preserved, then the extra services will appear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. argyle_smurf

So HRR adds nothing? Glad I found that out before purchase...

4. LucasLCC

HRR adds nothing to Koln. However you can create your own scenarios using the HRR stock if you so wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

This is rather annoying, I bought HRR thinking it would add the extra services, given it adds the BR422 that will be used for them.
    I am hoping that when RRO is released any timetable services for the 422 that it adds are also valid from HRR, seems rather unfair to limit on the basis of owning RRO if you own the same vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. argyle_smurf

I very nearly did the same, then thought I'd double check here first. I may still buy it while it's discounted but it definitely feels like a missed trick

7. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Additional services on the Koln-Aachen route will appear with Rhein-Ruhr Osten route (adds S-bahn services) and Main-Spessart Bahn route (adds freight services), when they are preserved.
    There was a time when none of the preserved collection routes and stock would have added additional services to any of the new routes...Only because of the massive outcry of the games' community have DTG decided otherwise and made it possible in the end (which was a sensible thing to do in the first place in my opinion). So what I'm trying to say is there should be some form of gratitude present for the state of things as they are.

• Like Like x 2
  8. argyle_smurf

I don't think anything I said implies a lack of gratitude. But, if my intent was to purchase a German route believing that it would add functionality to Koln Aachen, and it didn't, that would have caused much disappointment.

I have since bought the DLC anyway, because I'm a sucker for a discount.

Also, your username is awesome.

9. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Of course, no offense was meant. I was simply stating that it shouldn't be taken for granted by anyone, since communal effort was needed to get where we are.
    As for my username: it's the name of a character from a book called Caliban's War, written by James S.A. Corey.

10. argyle_smurf

I know, that's why I liked it:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Do you know why we can't add more stations stops in the scenario planer ? I can only add 5-7 stops and not all the stations for example

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I never intended to buy HRR since it didn't speak to me. And I was aware that it wasn't the one that adds services.
    But I bought it anyway. And boy, was I wrong. This is one of the nicest route dlcs.
    I spent the last 2 days perfecting a scenario in the planner with REs, S-Bahns and some ICEs on HRR. Quite a lot of fun to drive that. But, admittedly, it's kinda tricky since the planner is still quite limited, but I crammed 25 trains in there.
    Just get the route and have fun with it and the planner until the other dlcs get preserved.
    Also, I think some of the other dlcs add some services to HRR, too.

13. LucasLCC

HRR is an enjoyable route. When MSB gets preserved, that should add a nice chunk of services to it as well. It's definitely the busiest route when you have multiple DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

IIRC, RRO should add 422 services and intermodal with 185.5, MSB should add Doppelstock RE services and some mixed freight with 185.2, so from what has been said couple weeks ago, both routes should add passenger and freight services.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Well, here is my thought. I own both routes and I am happy that we will get more services. But I am not sure about one thing. At present the services are coming from the preserved collection (RRO and MSB). What if fresh stuff is coming in? By this I mean locos, EMUs and so on that are actually made for TSW 2. Is it going to be replaced by models which were created specific for TSW 2 or is it going to stay with preserved items?

16. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

17. Averrnor

Averrnor Member

Thank you for that but your post does not clarify my question. As I understand the timetable is ready for incoming content from RRO and MSB. But what if I don't own any of it and in the future comes DLC, which adds required rolling stock? Will that be implemented as well? On the other hand, if I have RRO and MSB will preserved collection content be updated/replaced by TSW 2 models?

18. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

What has been said until now is that when they finish updating and "preserving" the old TSW1 routes they won't work on them anymore in the future - at all.
    But then there was this stream with Adam about his new team that is soley dedicated to fixing and improving existing stuff in the future. How much this applies to Preserved content wasn't totally clear, but what I heard was that when they have the spare time, they will go back and try to improve on these as well. Extra timetable layers weren't specifically mentioned, though.

• Like Like x 1