PlayStation Passengers Not In The Roadmap Is Just Wrong!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Passengers are a standing (unfunny) joke, even with Matt and Sam but the fact they are not on the road map tells us all we need to know about their importance, as my post said yesterday DTG needs to go the extra mile and sort existing problems out and respect the customer more than they do, this is a typical case of no rival for this type of game on console which leads to complacency and standards slipping as there is no alternative to buy

DTG really should show the customer a bit more respect if they want our money and loyalty in return, it’s time DTG had a hard look at the way they treat the paying customers of their game in my opinion and sort out problems especially long standing problems which get talked about as known but filled under never mind it’s to time consuming to worry about fixing so we won’t bother

• Like Like x 2
  2. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

This post is not just about passengers but the ethics and working practices of DTG and the fact that lack of competition in the market place leads to complacency unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Steady on there. You only see the first version of the roadmap. We've talked about passengers at length on stream and made it clear that they're a priority. That they're not on the list already does not mean they won't be addressed, only that they're not currently being worked on.

Our priorities right now are in dealing with critical issues that arise in the first few days and in restoring everyone's Preserved Collection. Once this is done we'll move on to areas that will most improve the overall immersion in the game.

Vital, now, is ensuring everyone can play the game. Vital, later, is ensuring the game is as good as it can be.

• Like Like x 9
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration, they have talked in detail about the passenger system on recent TSW2 streams and they have aknowledged that not only does there need to be more passengers, but a re-working of the passenger system in general. With TSW2 launching today obviously the biggest concern for DTG right now is making sure the game works properly for people. Once some of the more important things are taken care within the game we can then worry about the passenger systems and other small details. Just because it isn’t on the roadmap doesn’t mean DTG are ignoring it all together. I understand if you missed the discussion about this but by saying stuff like “it’s time DTG had a hard look at the way they treat the paying customers of their game in my opinion and sort out problems especially long standing problems which get talked about as known but filled under never mind it’s to time consuming to worry about fixing so we won’t bother” without the facts to back up what your saying can be hurtful, especially when they are doing their best to break that assumption.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Fixing broken components of the game are far more important than new features but fixing broken components don’t bring cash in, while DTG knows exactly what’s wrong with the game, I very much doubt they will fix it and that’s a real shame, some problems have lasted forever and proof there is no intent to fix them

6. DTG Protagonist

Samo1 Again, ease down a little. You've made your position clear there's no need to repeat it.

Keep your eye on the roadmap, and let us prove that what you experienced previously is not what we're doing here.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Prove me wrong and I will be a very happy bunny!

8. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

By the way Sam, I gave you full price for TSW2 and have only played the Bakerloo Line so far and besides a few frame rate stutters you have done a very good job on what I have played so far so criticism where it’s due and credit where it’s due as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's an issue with how passengers are spawned. They spawn far out of sight and then have to walk to the platform. The way I'd do it is having them spawn on the platform when you're not looking so the immersion is not broken.

10. DTG Protagonist

I believe the chaos you'd get in that scenario would be significant. The passenger system needs to be thoroughly reinvented.

• Like Like x 1
  11. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I know it wouldn't be ideal but couldn't you have a mix of static and the current mobile passengers? The static versions could be placed away from the walk paths of the mobile ones. Even though they wouldn't board the trains it'd give the appearance of more crowded platforms.

The static ones would behave themselves too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. edward.gregg

edward.gregg Active Member

Samo1!! Im on PC and PAX are on the stations just fine, however Ive come across issues Protagonist mentions for console, People standing on the shoulders of others but not often. DTG have admitted there is issues and they are addressing them. At the end of the day they are a business and need to make money to pay their staff! So releasing a product with one or two minor issues on certain platforms is forgivable. They have told us about them before hand which I love about the new DTG and have promised to correct them.

Ive always been critical of DTG for not listening to us, but it seems they are now and the bitches need to climb down of their soap boxes and give DTG a chance.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The passenger are very realistic,i seen plenty of passenger acting weird at various train station.But lots of people attemping mass suicide by cal trian trains,highly questionable,but living in California can be a killer of a time.

• Like Like x 1