Game Dissapearing And Having Multiple Names (xbox)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So I've been playing TSW2 for a bit today and thought I'd load up TSW to see the differences. After I shut it off and went to load TSW2 back up, I realized it wasn't in my recent plays on my home screen. So I went looking through my games and apps, and sure enough, it was gone. So I loaded an achievement I just got which allows you to launch the game from there. And .... it took me to the store lol. Completely erased the game somehow. So I clicked install again, and installed pretty much instantly, so wasn't exactly gone. Who knows, never seen anything like this before lol.

Also I've noticed the name is different, so when you look in your games and apps, it's called Train Sim World 2, but in the guide, it's called TSW2, but a friend saw me playing in his friends list and it says I'm playing Train Sim World 2021 lol. What is going on lol

2. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

This is a known bug, with launching TSW2020 and it removing all, or in my case, some TSW2 content.

It has been raised with the team according to Sam.

I have just checked my own profile, and the game is indeed called Train Sim World 2021!

Kind of makes sense, as it is a sequel to Train Sim World 2020, but it is the first time that I have seen it being referred to as such.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

This was in the technical reports forum. The guide name is shorter due to restricted space (although I think the full name might fit without causing an ellipsis). A staff member said the Xbox Live status title should be fixed in a few hours but it hasn't.

I have moved Train Sim World 2020 to external storage and unplugged it for now because of that weird disappearing TSW 2 issue.

4. sVig

sVig Member

I had the same issue.

5. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

So have you had any luck playing both once you moved 2020 to ext hd? Did you move it to ext hd then just not touching it at all? 'I've had no luck trying to play both. My last attempt ended in the TSW2 files disappearing, along with the save file data, & my TSw2020 then was unplayable. I ended up uninstalling both, reinstalling just TSW2020 back onto ext hd. I'm afraid to try to install & run TSW2 again for the 6th time. Anything anywhere from the devs about this? Im really frustrated & mad that I can't even play the new game.

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I'm only playing TSW2 right now. If I go back to TSW2020 I will move TSW2 to external and move TSW2020 back to internal storage. Then unplug the external.

• Like Like x 1
  7. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Got it. That's the big question I have. Will it work. Let me know if you have any success with it.

8. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya that's insane, like how is this happening lol. I'm still able to play TSW2 and have both games installed, guess I just won't load up 2020 for now. Didn't have any issues with saves though, but everything is on the cloud so shouldn't matter.