Tsw2020 Why Would It Delete Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 22, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I saw a post saying this has happend,if it did this it would be avery dirty way for dtg to get all of us who haven't entirety given up on tsw 2020,to get rid of it.Because constantly having to redownload tsw2 would get tiresome.so whats the situation with this problem?

• Like Like x 1
  2. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

I really don't think there's any motive in play on Dovetails part. But it is a very real & major technical conflict. I have had to uninstall/reinstall both games about 6 times. I want to play both games because I want access to all routes & engines I've paid for. I love them all & play them daily. I can't see waiting God knows how long for the entire TSW2020 dlc collection to be updated for the new game. Not to mention, I'm not very impressed with TSW2 as of now. Visually it's great but, gameplay is riddled with bugs. So much so that I'm about to shelf the new game until there's a major update. It's just not worth the effort to play with the Xbox/TSW2 conflict & having the bugs, freezes, & crashes. As it stands now, in order to play either game I have to keep one on an ext HD & one on the internal HD. The game on Ext HD must be unplugged from the console when you boot up the game from the internal HD. If not, you will effectively lose all the TSW2 files. They become hidden & you can retrieve them by pressing install from the Xbox game store. But, the game is then unplayable. You then have to reinstall the whole game again. Don't know how wide spread this is but, there are at least several others I've seen reporting it in the forums. This is a major deal breaker for me though. They need to flesh this out & fix it immediately.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya I feel the same way, 2020 felt really good, and TSW2 feels... weird really, and yes buggy. When my game disappears from clicking on 2020 I just click on an achievement and say launch game, it takes me to the store, I say install, which it does instantly, then reinstall the Pen Corridor which it also does instantly, then I just launch the game and it works fine again, I've never had to delete and reinstall it.

4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I think the main problem with how it feels is how it always absolutely forces the new controls on you, which by the way they said they wouldn't do. And those controls aren't very good. So you're constantly getting thrown around with these pretty much error messages and gameplay changes, not a good way to have fun and stay immersed....

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul_stamp

paul_stamp New Member

I just tried my TSW 2020 Deluxe disc after downloading TSW2. I see what you mean about TSW2 disappearing after going back to the Xbox menu. Very strange conflict. However after restarting the Xbox it reappeared and everything was ok.

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

A sort of sofware conflict so TSW2 disappear from the games directory.
    Anyway we need only to re-install TSW2 because the game its already on our hard disk (just 1-2 minutes and its ready to start again). And the tsw2 profile and related game progress are safe (we dont lost anything).

• Like Like x 1
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I had freezes that I never experienced before when I went back to TSW 2020 because of the TSW 2 conflict. You don't want both of these installed at once on the same console.

As D3VILDOG8541 said, keep the one you aren't going to play much on an external, then UNPLUG it. Do this when the games are separated (reinstall TSW 2 and add-ons from the store instantly if it has been swallowed up by the TSW 2020 game). When you want to go back, swap them around and disconnect external again. This issue must be high up on the Xbox fixes list, surely.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

That's good to know, thanks! When I tried it, there wasn't any TSW2 data because I hadn't driven it then. The TSW2020 data should be safe as well, right?

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I don't know cause I only started TSW...I was focused on TSW2 disappearing from directory and I've risk a cardiac arrest :D

10. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It should work, I guess, though it worked for me after the first install of TSW2. I think I'll give it a try after some heart strengthening hop based isotonic sport lemonades this evening :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. D3VILDOG8541

Yeah L89 , thanks man for that suggestion, it saved me from even more agony & head banging!
    Recovering TSW2 when it disappeared was easy but, because of all the bugs I experienced in the game it was hard to tell what caused them. In my TSW2020 however; I had glitches freezes & even a complete crash of the game where it became unplayable. Twice having to reinstall 2020 with all 26 dlc packs is a pain I didn't need!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

There shouldn't be any conflict between the two games, but I'll ask the team to check into this. We're happy for people to play any game - any game we made especially. It wouldn't serve any purpose for us to block your access, or make it difficult to access the original game.

13. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

I have managed to get TSW2 and TSW2020 working together, but switching between them does require a bit of downloading so you probably need to be connected to the internet. Although playing one replaces the "tile" on the home screen, you can "pin" games below this first row, so I have pinned both TSW2 and TSW2020, so thats how I quickly change between them. If you have initially lost TSW2020, you can find it in your games library, and open or pin it from there.

14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You clearly haven't tried this yourself. It was posted in this board by myself and moved to the Technical Report section by another admin. This is why when you move a post, you should leave a shadow on the original board.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/do-not-open-tsw-2020-with-tsw2-installed.25202/#post-162666

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  15. D3VILDOG8541

There is Definitely a Major Conflict!

16. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Except there most definitely is, if you can, try it for yourself if you don't believe us

17. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Maybe someone has already answered this...what about the opposite? Do I still need TSW 2020? Can I delete it? Will my Preserved Collection still be there for future downloads when they become available?

18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes they will be available I'd imagine as it goes on your Xbox Live / PSN purchase history.

19. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

This is something you have to answer for yourself- I e.g. plan to have both games installed for a while because of missing achievements in TSW2020 and to maintain the opportunity to drive on one of the preserved routes before it's released for TSW2.

BTW wouldn't this issue be a good reason for the first DLC sale on xbox since easter...? Just asking...? ;) :D

20. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

You're collection will always be available

21. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I have a feeling you're not a real employee or else you would know this is a serious issue

22. D3VILDOG8541

Hey DTG Protagonist did acknowledge it(even if he didn't understand(like the rest of us))why it would be happening. TrainSim-Steve acknowledged it as well on Release day(Weds) & said he elevated the priority of it. So, at best they have only had 2 working days to look at the issue. Let's cut them some slack here.
    I'm very unhappy about the conflict, spent most of launch day installing/uninstalling both games trying to figure it out. I personally have given up on TSW2 until they announce a fix. Yeah, it sucks, big time!
    Hopefully, they'll have a fix for it very soon!

23. HappyBasher

You can delete it, but you won't be able to play such classics as Great Western or Rapid Transit until they are "preserved". GW is one of the last and I still need to be able to run my local! :)

24. HappyBasher

Have you tried pinning both versions to the Xbox home as my message above (reproduced below)? For me it only takes a minute switching between TSW2 and TSW2020 and whilst it is not ideal, it is better than having to delete one and then re-download the other!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. D3VILDOG8541

Not to worry, We have a fix coming tomorrow.
    I copied this over on the other thread addressing this same issue.

Posted today by DTG Protagonist :
    The development team have identified the issue that causes Train Sim World 2020 to be uninstalled for some Xbox players when installing Train Sim World 2.

The fix for this issue will be available on August 25th (I don't have the exact time). More fixes are being worked on and will be released when they're ready to roll.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like Like x 4
  26. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's TSW 2 that appears to get uninstalled for me, not TSW 2020. I hope the problem is 100% fixed when this update comes out. I will move TSW 2020 back once I've downloaded the update. Fingers crossed.

27. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya same TSW2 is gone right when I click on 2020

28. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate then. I was hoping to be able to get some more progress done on TSW 2020 but looks like I'll do more on TSW 2 then. No updates yet on TSW 2, so hoping when an update comes on there, this issue might be addressed by then.

I understand things aren't always simple to fix and having your game on three platforms, each with their own unique issues can be quite a task.

29. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Should have been fixed with today's update to TSW 2020.

30. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya it's fixed now, and it was so nice getting back on my CN engines

• Like Like x 1