PC Tsw New Dlc Teaser

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NAYDOG, Nov 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Thing is; when I started Googling Rapid Transit and Germany I was being presented with information about the S-Bahn and the U-Bahn. I doubt we're getting an underground line so I'm hedging my bets on an S-Bahn system. I don't know what that would mean for train variety but it might not bode well for freight.

That being said an S-Bahn sounds like an interesting route concept.

2. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Talent 2 may not be the only answer. Someone hinted that it can be the new OBB CityJet Train.

3. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the CityJet, because of the vehicle's sides. The CityJet (Desiro ML) has flat sides, while the teaser shows slightly rounded sides which match the carriage design of the TALENT 2 and 3.

4. Typhomat

Typhomat Well-Known Member

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I’m sure DTG said that they wanted to release an update for TSW: GWE alongside the new DLC release so reckon we could see an update very soon?

6. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

i don't think this will be released tomorrow.. But they gonna announce what route it is i guess

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yes, release tomorrow would be illogical. It is only going to be an announcement. That’s the way all these are done.

8. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Software releases on a Friday give developers heart palpitations; I speak from experience. :P

• Like Like x 1
  9. Typhomat

I agree, the only thought was given the early announcement and subsequent delay of GWE that an announcement with a simultaneous release might be an attempt to apologize for the past. I agree, DTG isn't a company to announce and release stuff in that format, but they could pull something off like that here.

Even if tomorrow being Friday and the fears associated with that, DTG isn't one to release immediate patches unless it's something critical. Updates for DLC are sparse as I'm sure we all know. They are hinting that it's coming really soon, even prior to that tweet in some Facebook comments, so who knows

10. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

New Teaser on Twitter: https://twitter.com/railsimulator/status/936609074363490304

11. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Best keep an eye out on train-simulator.com then.

12. pschlik

Lol [redacted] I thought that was my thing :P Which I stole from NerdCubed, so I thought that was his thing.

13. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Bold Prediction: DTG will release this DLC tonight or tomorrow.

14. Sintbert

I say they will tell us a train and a route.. and release in "early 2018".. for that i predict march as the earliest, april or may more realistic..

15. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I like the guys saying release late 2017 and TSW twitter replying going "wouldnt that be good ;)" - INB4 "coming Q1 2018"

16. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  17. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I hope its the full S2 line and not a little bit of it. Then i can live with the route. Just long enough for some small drives :) very good for times i don't have much time for playing :)

18. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

19. pschlik

GG Steam. But look at that, it is indeed only the Talent 2...nothing else at all. That’s a step down from the format DTG seemingly established from before. That will be pretty limiting...I wonder if that is the price to pay for getting the route out in the 3 month cycle. Hopefully things get better and faster, not just faster.

20. MarkusLiberty

MarkusLiberty Active Member

I imagine it's a lot harder for them to do proper research on german trains, since they have to travel to another country to get the material they need

21. Sintbert

wow, would have never thought of another release for TSW this year..
    But yea an S-Bahn hits exactly my taste of driving. But 40CHF for just one train and route? I hope its worth that..

Edit:
    Now with the preorderbonus in place its more in the pricerange i think is suitable. 22.80CHF.

22. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Actually, DTG has already produced a number of really good German routes for TS20xx, so they've already accomplished a lot of research. I trust them to provide a good German route for TSW, and the pre-release price of $17.99 strikes me as easily affordable; on the other hand, I'm not attracted by racing from one station to another at break-neck speeds, so I'll have to think about this a while -- the introductory bargain is good until December 14th.

24. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

25. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

The screenshots on Steam only show a black Zugzielanzeiger (train destination indicator) so I'm going to assume that we won't get a working PIS when this release hits the shelves.

• Like Like x 1
  26. pschlik

I guess this quote still holds true even with a new route. Clearly making new stuff is more important than making old and new content better.

27. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Sight on the line between Leipzig-Connewitz and Dessau

28. Typhomat

Nice route, I'm excited to see an EMU in TSW. I do hope that we see some improvement to pantographs and such though. One of the things that I thought was annoying in TS20XX was how the wire heights were sometimes way too high to be realistic, as in underground stations and low clearance areas, the wire will drop down, and the pantograph will follow respectively. I have a feeling details like this won't be included in the release though.

Also sad to see the display matrix boards not working. I personally think that this is a feature that will only haunt passenger services more and more as the DLC range increases. I would like to really see this added, because if DTG ever does tackle it, it would better be now than later. I know Jay said it's a lot of work, but TS20xx has working matrix displays even though it's simpler, so I would hope priorities are reconsidered.

29. bvk

bvk New Member

30. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

These speculative threads are sometimes entertaining -- up to a certain point -- and nearly always good for some laughs as the truth eventually arrives. I'm hesitant about buying this package, even at a good discount: on the one hand, I'm not a fan of passenger train driving, especially at break-neck speeds; on the other, and here I succumb to speculation, might the TSW team decide to add a freight aspect to this route or use its train as AI traffic in a later German route? Both have happened in TS. To wallet or not to wallet: that's the rub.

31. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'm open to correction but I'm not sure if S-Bahn systems have freight operating through them. I think it's equivalent to the elevated city lines in New York and Chicago.

32. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

There is freight in Bitterfeld station i have seen on youtube :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

By the way; does anyone else think the guy from Great Western Express and the guy from Rapid Transit look like brothers? :P

34. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

It depends on the S-Bahn system.

You won't see freight on Berlin's S-Bahn as that system is technically very different from the mainline network, but the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland is a commuter operation on a heavy rail network and does see freight activity.

For the same reason it's not uncommon to see freight operating over the North London Line where London Overground runs, but freight over the DLR is impossible as it's a completely separate system.

35. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

Bitterfeld - Leipzig we have in the Berlin - Leipzig route for Train Simulator :love:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  36. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

There are all sorts of traffic on that route. ICE, IC, EC, RE, RB, S and of course freight. The freight trains are not running via the main station but coming over the freight circle line onto the main line very shortly after the main station. So will be a bit boring with only the hamsters there. But i think later we will get loco and wagon add ons for the route.

Here is a video that shows the traffic at Leipzig Messe.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Very nice; perhaps in the future we'll get some of this added to the line.

38. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

Regarding freight, there's freight on most of the line, from Dessau through Bitterfeld to Leipzig Messe if I remember correctly. The line from Leipzig Hbf down to Markleeberg is dominated by S-bahn traffic, and in peak hours you have a train every 5 minutes in both directions.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I really wished that Dovetail Games made any DLC's for Scandinavia. I really wished I could drive around in a detailed DSB IC3 from Copenhagen to Aarhus, in Denmark. I relly wanted content for Scandinavia.

40. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This is only there third route; don't lose hope yet.

41. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

42. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I just hope that Train Sim World develops into a big Train Simulator with the sweetest the graphics.

43. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

44. Hype652

Hype652 Member

45. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

2018 timetables are here, and S2 has changed a little bit. In the south end, the S2 used to drive to terminate at Leipzig-Connewitz, and Markleeberg-Gaschwitz in peak hours. Now it branches off from Leipzig-MDR, and has a very short journey before terminating at Leipzig-Stötteritz. In the north end, the S2 goes to Dessau as before on a 60 minute frequency shared with the new S8. The S2 also branches off from Bitterfeld going to Lutherstadt-Wittenberg on a 60 minute frequency, also shared with the S8 line. In peak hours it is extended to Jüterbog. You can find the maps here:
    http://www.s-bahn-mitteldeutschland...db_262467_s-bahn_md_linennetzplan_a3_2017.pdf
    http://www.s-bahn-mitteldeutschland...018/mdb_262574_sbmd_2018_linie_s2_920x354.jpg

I wonder if DTG at some point will apply these changes to the upcoming route, but we will see...

46. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

probally not. the route is in a set time like GWE

47. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

Doesn't outrule them doing it in the future.

Possibly even somebody else can do it if they know how to, but that wont happen soon.