PlayStation Broken Trophy List

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jul 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So, I know I keep going on about Trophies on PlayStation 4, but if the trophies worked, I wouldn’t be doing so!

So far I have met the requirements of the following trophies, but not unlocked the trophy.

Set 1
    1. Safety First
    2. Regional Rider
    West Somerset Railway
    1. WSR: Preserving Heritage
    Main-Spessart Bahn
    1. MSB: All in Order
    2. MSB: Welcome to Main-Spessart Bahn
    I have repeated scenarios connected to the Internet and not. Used old profiles and new profiles and still no joy.

Why aren’t they working?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2020
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve deleted the game and I’ll see if that does anything.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Having deleted the game and my saved game data and having reinstalled just the base game and the West Somerset Railway DLC, the ‘WSR: Preserving Heritage’ trophy has now worked.

I’m now going to install the MSB DLC and see if completing the 5 scenarios works unlocks the ‘MSB: All in Order’ trophy and completing a single service unlocks ‘MSB: Welcome to Main-Spessart Bahn’.

I’ll update this post once done.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have just run the single service on MSB with just the WSR and MSB DLC installed and the ‘MSB: Welcome to Main-Spessart Bahn’ Trophy popped immediately.

I’m moving on to the scenarios for MSB and will update once completed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

You could be onto something here...... (I have had that feeling myself many times....).... but if it works it works.... ;-)

NB: I assume that you are losing all of your progress data.....?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

God I wish I could do this. I couldn’t bare losing hundreds of hours of work. Although I wonder if deleting and reinstalling the DLC but keeping the save data might be an option.

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep, all progress lost, but it was so easy for me to hit delete. I’d rather get the Trophies.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s worth a try. The saved data is separate to the game content. I deleted the saved data as a nuclear option as I wasn’t too fussed about my stats.

I’ll be finishing the 5 MSB scenarios tomorrow. I’ve done 2 so far. Hopefully it’ll continue to work.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

How much fun is still beta testing a game that is about to be sidelined? Time to get excited about 3 years of beta testing TSW2 trophies in your living room.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The single service I did on MSB has also been registered on Mastery too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s a nightmare but I just can’t let sleeping dogs lie.

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Completed all 5 scenarios on MSB now and the Trophy still hasn’t popped.

I’m really not sure what else to try. That said, I know the LIRR All Scenario Trophy needed me to complete the M7 and M3 scenarios to get the Trophy.

I really wonder if buying the MSB DLC extra train will unlock the ‘MSB: All in Order’ trophy, but loathed to buy it to test.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheTipsyRaccoon

That’s my worry with TVL: Beaming with pride and the unfinishable cement circle scenario.

Also, I completed MSB after the DB BR 204 was released and got all trophies without getting that DLC. I had to do them on a new profile, I did them all in one sitting and then left my PS4 on and inactive on the main menu of TSW afterwards and the trophy popped 2 hours later. All with the internet off from the word go. The PS4 didn’t go into rest mode either.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just got the ‘Safety First’ trophy by spamming the X button on the SIFA peddle of the Talent 2/Rapid Transit.

It took up to 10-minutes but I got the Trophy. Finally.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have just all 5 scenarios again on MSB without my PS4 connected to the Internet. The trophy hasn’t popped, but I am leaving the game on the MSB Main Menu now to see if the trophy eventually pops as some have reported it does after a few hours.

If it doesn’t work this time, I really have no clue how to get it to work. I’ll have tried it every which way I can think of.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

Could you give some more details about the setup of the Talent 2 whilst you were spamming the peddle?
    Was it
    - powered up,
    - running,
    - before or after a service?
    Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I went into the service menu and selected the first service (which is already highlighted when you go in). I didn’t bother opening the doors etc, I just turned SIFA on and powered away from the station. I waited until the first SIFA alarm came on and acknowledged that using the O button. I then looked down at the SIFA pedal and rapidly pressed the X button while the train was still moving over 20kph.

It took up to 10-minutes to acknowledge but the trophy did pop.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

OMG! I’ve finally got MSB: All in Order.

Did it with another fresh install with only the MSB DLC installed using a new profile and no Internet connection on my PS4. After leaving the game on the MSB main menu for 3 hours after completing all five scenarios the trophy finally popped in my notifications.

Happy!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TheTipsyRaccoon

Result! Did you delete save data again or just the DLCs?

20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I deleted my save data again too.

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Now to find which other Trophies aren’t working and to moan about them.

22. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

This might be a case of "Don't mention the war" from Fawlty Towers, but how is the platinum these days? Did anyone obtain it?

• Like Like x 1
  23. TheTipsyRaccoon

I have it. It is doable but I had to do all the services on LIRR to get the “New Yorker” trophy as it didn’t work with all the NEC ones.

24. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Does anyone have "Coastal Explorer" (complete all jobs) on ECW? I've completed it 3 times with no trophy..

25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes. I got it no problem. I got all the jobs done in one sitting.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just reached level 10 in the DB BR 182 and no trophy popped for doing so, when it’s supposed too :mad:

27. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think you guys are fighting a losing battle here with some of these. I am no longer doing the new profile thing at all. Takes hours in some cases and I really get to where I just can't be bothered

• Like Like x 1
  28. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Yeah, I applaud the work many of you are doing to get around these trophy problems, and it is good to document what seems to work so that others can benefit from this. For me, it’s just too much trouble... I can get granular with this game and drill-down when needed, and I have definitely done some of that. I’m just tired of spending my time doing it because of issues DTG should’ve resolved long ago... I just want to enjoy the sim, not debug it.

Appreciate all of your effort though... you guys have at least made some progress, and documented what you’ve learned.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  29. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

If this starts happening with TSW2 we should all be encouraged to report it right away so that it can be put on the roadmap. That way, we know if time will be spent to fix it and it can be one of the things that weighs in when deciding to purchase future DLC's

• Like Like x 4
  30. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%... if I run into any issues with any of the initial TSW 2 content, I’m opening up tickets for each of them- and that’s including any continuing issues with my preserved routes operating under TSW 2. Not sure how DTG will respond to those issues... guess I’ll find out soon enough.

• Like Like x 3
  31. TheTipsyRaccoon

I’m keeping a close eye here for people reporting trophy issues. I’m not even buying it for the first few weeks until I’m sure they’ve fixed whatever fundamental issue this current game has with trophies. I can’t be doing with the stress all over again.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The trophy unlocked when I reached Level 11 instead.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Droemel

Droemel New Member

After reading your post I tried that for the "German Legend" trophy, since it wouldn't pop before.
    So I restored my profile with just one service to do, deactivated the PS4 network connection, rebooted the PS4, did the last service and kept the game running in the menu before going to bed.
    On the next day I found that the trophy finally had popped more than 3 hours after finishing the last service.

Maybe it would have worked also with the network connection enabled and just waiting. No way to tell for sure now.
    Only DTG could look into it. If they were interested to fix it, that is. :|

Thank you for that hint! :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  34. Sashco

Sashco Member

Can someone explain this more in detail? On NTP the only achievement not unlockinh for me is the Class 101: Mechanical Master, which is the Class 101 tutorial. P me off!!

What you are saying is that you deleted the game and reinstalled it? Did you move your saved data onto the cloud? Or did you lose all the stats in the game? Don't want to lose the stats Got like 5000km on NTP.

35. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I deleted the game and the saved data. You could back up your saved data and then try.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Sashco

Sashco Member

Alright, I'll give it a go. I'll be pretty sad if all my my runs on Class 101 go pooof! Too many hours have gone into Leeds - Manchester - Leeds All Stops services. Can't imagine doing them over again!

37. TheTipsyRaccoon

I’ve tested this but left the saved data intact, I didn’t delete it or back it up, just removed the game and reinstalled only the DLC for the failed trophy. It worked fine, and the trophy popped.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Sashco

Sashco Member

Yeah, did the full reinstall and deleted all the saved data. Did the tutorial and it worked! Downloaded the saved data and all is good now. But the Mastery Challenges are not working. Everything is 0. No tracking.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

We shouldn’t be having to uninstall and reinstall the game to get a trophy to work. I’ve noticed the Ruhr Runner Trophy on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr isn’t working in TSW 2. I’ve logged a technical report on the forum so hopefully it’ll get fixed.