PlayStation Mp36 Freight X50 Coal Wagons-sandpatch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Aug 23, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I figured I’d share something fun to try. In the Scenario planner in Off the rails mode. On Sandpatch there are Two markers in Cumberland yard that have manual switches and no signals for a couple miles. For the player service you can choose wherever you would like to stop. You can load in the MP36 on the shorter marker on the yard and when setting up the AI service you plan to take wagons from I would set the time to 4-5 hours after yours starts so you have plenty of time to do the switching. You can load the AC44000 X50 coal wagons in the long marker. After a little bit of switching you will now be ready to tackle Sandpatch with the MP36, I obviously could haul the entire 50 wagons, but it’s fun to make it as challenging as you want by making it heavy. This could apply to any other locomotives as well. I hope to see updates to this in the future that widens are ability to make fun unique scenarios. If anyone else has any yards from other routes that have manual switches and two markers to place trains or if you have any ideas please feel free to share! 85503D65-9533-43E8-8940-0B38BFC88378.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

That's cool. Why does that actually look kind of normal though? Hahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthewbguilford

I think back to when MSB released and it gave us the ability to use other German locomotives from other routes and it was always fun to see what was compatible with what. The scenario takes that one thing we wanted and makes it across all content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matthewbguilford

It was fun getting to use it for freight as we never have, I meant to say I obviously could pull the 50 wagons and ended up with about 30 and it was a slow crawl. Also you really have to be ready for the down grade. Can’t wait for future stuff!

• Like Like x 1
  5. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bet. I ran my first scenario with the AC44CW a couple days ago and was surprised by just how tough the grades were. I'd be running 2 AC44's up a 1.8% grade in Notch 8 and it didn't gain 1 mph. Hahaha! Conversely, I'd be coming down that same grade and have to have the dynamic brakes on Notch 8 and STILL occasionally have to use the train brake just to keep it under control. I have a new found respect for those engineers on the actual Sand Patch Grade that have to do that day in and day out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthewbguilford

Ah, we must have done the same service. I was going up at about 15MPH in notch 8 and was losing momentum half of the time. It’s not easy, can’t imagine doing it in adverse conditions. It’s great to have that experience on console now, it’s really fun.

• Like Like x 1