PC Scenario Planner Not Spawning Ai

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by themoore117, Aug 20, 2020.

1. themoore117

themoore117 New Member

Howdy, firstly I would like to say that I'm enjoying TSW2 very much for the small amount of time I've played it! Well worth the dosh.

I fired up the Scenario Planner on the Bakerloo line (I haven't tried to use the SP on any other lines yet) and wanted to add a "Skip stop" service (Aka, skip station stop, skip station etc etc) so I could throw an AI train that calls at all stations for a bit of following and adverse signal action. However, after putting about 3 AI trains down (Even 1 on the other end of the route going towards me) I couldn't get any of them to spawn in. I set all of the service times as default (1200 noon), even tried setting them at 1155 or 1205 to see if they'd spawn in but alas, nothing. Unless I'm missing a big step (don't think I am, I reread that post about the SP twice now) I think it might be somewhat bugged.

• Like Like x 1
  2. themoore117

themoore117 New Member

So after a bit of poking around, the other end of the route (Kenton and the sort) worked fine. Odd, will update if my originally created route just suddenly works as well.

3. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I’ve had a similar problem placing an AI train at Falmer in front of my train leaving Brighton. Mine was scheduled to leave Brighton at 12:00 while the AI was to set off at 12:05 heading East.
    Some times I would encounter a permanent red light just out of Moulsecoomb, which should be way before the AI train occupied sector, and this signal never cleared.
    Other times the AI train was simply not to be found on the map.
    To make matters worse when running this scenario after a few times it would suddenly begin with me on foot in a random location and could only be reset to open correctly in Brighton by exiting the programme completely and then selecting a timetable service before returning to the Scenario Planner.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did you confirm that you did actually select a train for it?

5. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

When I had the danger signal I flew over and found the AI train sitting driverless in Falmer Station. In any case it really shouldn’t have caused the signal that was holding my train up.
    I can’t completely rule out my having done something wrong in the setup but I’ve subsequently had no problems adding numerous trains to pass mine in the opposite direction.

Apologies to the opening poster for hijacking this thread.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020