More Sand Patch Problems - Game Breaking

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dallas117, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

So there has been a number of issues reported with this route, but I just found another one and I am furious. To the point I almost want my money back. Cumberland Charge, which is a very long and quite difficult scenario, is broken, I just spent at least 3 hours on this and finally made it to the end, where I got stuck at an f'ing light. And yes I tried contacting the signalman which did absolutely nothing, no can't proceed nothing. So I decided to look it up while I waited hoping the light would switch. And of course I find it's a glitch from over 3 years ago, where you get to the light to enter the yard and it won't change and you can't contact the signalman. How could you let such a game breaking bug get by for so long, and then rerelease the same route in a new game, and it has the exact same game breaking problem. Pretty fed up with companies not paying attention to obvious issues, that ruin gameplay and someones experience. Seeing it's been this long probably will never get fixed either. Thanks Dovetail

2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I found the following page with info on a similar problem- is this what you’re running into? If so, did you run into this only after restoring a saved game? Or did you have the issue playing it straight through without any save? Either way, if this is what you’re running into, this link suggest that this issue was hitting folks 3yrs ago... and still no fix for this after all this time? I’d be pretty (upset) about this too!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/133261124637767913/

3. laineshapiro186498

laineshapiro186498 New Member

I just put out a thread as well about how much this game is pissing me off!! And im close to asking for a refund as well! The Cumberland to Willard route in the snow feels impossible without disconnecting the helper units and running at it as fast as you can get the trainset up to which is breaking all the speed limits!

4. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I'm really liking the game but yeh there is alot of issues with sandpatch. Very similar to Tees Valley Cement circle scenario where you get to the end and get stuck at a signal. It does seem pretty ridiculous that they charge £11.99 for one loco and one wagon, 4 scenarios, 1 of which doesn't work. DTG obviously know about it but instead of fixing simple little things they just press on making a new game, new dlcs and dont fix major bugs. I e.mailed DTG about cement circle and never even got a response. I tried Sandpatch in the snow earlier, pair of sd40s on a grain train and got completely stuck on an incline, tried sand, was barely using the throttle anyway but to no avail.

5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I’m assuming your long Sand Patch train had helper units in the back? Were they configured correctly and up and running when you stalled out on the grade? If these helpers weren’t configured, or were configured incorrectly, this is likely the reason you stalled out.

Refer to my post in the following thread on how to set the locos up in a train with helper units... would also help to know exactly what scenario, journey or service you’re running. Good luck, let me know if this fixes your issue.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/sand-patch-banking-locos.25948/

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That is pretty unforgivable.

• Like Like x 1