PC Train At Reading Won't Leave The Station

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Hype652, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I have an issue, where a train at the Reading station won't move, even if there is a green light.
    The driver appears to be facing the other direction and the whole traffic at Reading is stopped..
    I can't complete my scenario because of this one train.
    I don't know if this is a fail with the signaling or the train, but I relly hope this bug gets fixed! 20171203203035_1.jpg Udklip 2.PNG

2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

That's quite regular thing in GWE, sadly. Something somewhere gets stuck and whole line is blocked, as TSW lacks some sort of intelligent dispatcher that can solve these problems.

3. nextgenlemon

nextgenlemon Member

I think what would be needed in this case, would be the dispatcher to look at this train and say it doesn't work, and then either remove it, or find other solutions for all other traffic. Dovetail, the dispatcher is something you could work on improving, to raise the standards.

4. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Is it? Never had this before it seems.. is it after saving and loading?

5. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

That would be ideal. In real life something somewhere gets stuck too from time to time. Not an easy undertaking though.

6. Hype652

Hype652 Member

No, I have never saved or/and loaded a game in TSW before. The only thing that I did along the jurney was to pause the game (to get something to drink, etc.). This isn't first time this train does this, it's always this train around the time between 4 am and 5 am.
    Its wierd, but it maybe an bug or somthing.

7. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Not necessarily. Usually happens in a long sessions when I try to do several end-to-end services in a row, and mostly around Reading. Sometimes when some service that crosses from down fast to up relief (yes, several services do that) gets stuck, it manages to block all four lines simultaneously, as switches are set for it and everything else is waiting for it to pass.

8. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I forgot to tell, that I have tried to hit TAP and the request to pass the red light, but it says that there are no routing avaliable.
    Iv'e tried to wait for 10 minutes and nothing happens.
    The train that is causing the problem even has clerance/green light to leave Reading..

9. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Oh okay, seems wierd. But it also happens when I take an all new scenario from Reading to London. The train pulls up at the station from the "Train care depot" and then passengers gets on and the light turns green, but then the driver gets in the wrong end of the train and the whole "Train care depot" waits for the train to leave, but it never happens.
    I then continue my journey to London, but on the return trip to Reading from London (starts at 05:17) I get stuck just right out of Reading, and I have no other coice to leave the scenario and take a new one.

10. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I wish that I could just remove the train and just let the rest of the scenario do it's job, but maybe they will fix the issue. It could just be fun to sit and drive the full 24 hour trains in one go! But untill that, I will just get used to switch trains.

11. CaptHart

CaptHart New Member

You know what's funny? In real life, train passengers at Reading have the same problem. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Haha, I see what you did there! :D

13. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Maybe its a service i didnt do. So maybe i must see it happen sometime then. Must say i don't do much services directly after the other. I usually go first back to the menu

14. motiong

motiong New Member

In order to continue your service and have the stuck hst move along from reading station, try giving up your current train over to the ai driver, this action seems to allow all trains to resume service, has worked for me.. It's some sort of glitch/bug in the current game.

15. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Oh okay. It happens before the train that leaves at London around 05:17 am, it gets stuck if i drive to London from Reading at take the return trip. But i haven’t tried to just take a train 05:17 from London through the menu’s, i’ll try that when I have the time.

16. Hype652

Hype652 Member

I don’t know how you let the AI take over the train, I’ve tried to go away from the train and let the time run out, but nothing happened.

17. Hype652

Hype652 Member

Update:
    The problom only occurs when I drive the "2P03 Reading to London Paddington" It's like the train pulls up at Reading while im in the middel of my journey to London Paddiongton. But if I just go to the menues and take the return trip from 05:17 AM, then everything is working as it should be. I don't know why it happens, but I'll just stick to going through the menues when I need to take the return trip :)