Preserved Collection.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nwp1, Aug 22, 2020.

1. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Have managed to add my preserved collection to my game on Steam of the ones initially released, but cannot get East Coastway and Peninsula to add on Xbox just instructs to buy for £24.99 each. Do I have to buy them again then?

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

As long as you bought Xbox One versions on the Microsoft Store, you should see TSW 2 preserved add-ons show up as owned there. On console you should check this. The web store you might have to sign out and back in.

3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

No they are not yet showing for me. They were bought from MS as downloads perhaps I should have bought the disk versions. Not to worry I will purchase East Coastway again and Peninsula Corridor next month.

4. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I thought I had the same problem but when I clicked on "View To Buy" I was taken to Microsoft store and got the message "You Can Play This" downloaded them and no charge

5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

No need to re-purchase, go into your tsw 2 store, with will show you a list of the preserved collections availible ( ignore the prices it tell you) click on it, jt wont charge you,

• Like Like x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Went to buy at £24.99 and before payment I received a message you own-install!!! Thanks quys for your guidance. Would have been easier if MS store had said owned in the first place without putting a price up!!!!

7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The easiest thing to do is to highlight TSW 2 in "My Games & Apps", press Start and select "Manage Game & Add-ons". There the already owned routes will be in the "Ready to install" section. My content popped up there automatically. Much more convenient than going to the store separately.

• Like Like x 2
  8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Can I just check my understanding here? You bought 2020 on Xbox but TSW2 on steam? I’m planning this too and would like to carry my preserved over

9. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No you cannot do that. Think the OP was stating he has both, and that PC they were there, and Xbox they weren't.

• Like Like x 1
  10. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Preserved collection ONLY carries over to the same system the core game is owned on.

11. batl50

batl50 New Member

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating. I just bought the Windows 10 version of TSW because I have been playing on Game Pass and thought my Dovetail Live account would just register that I had the Preserved Collection. Come on, Dovetail....

12. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

that's not how it works with the Microsoft store on pc to the store on xbox you have brought the game on pc so everything relates to your microsoft store as you have brought it from their rather than steam most games even with a style like login like dovetail live doesn't allow this as you don't technically own the games on steam to register that you already own the games for tsw 2

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  13. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

You should be able to get a refund from Steam, particularly if you haven’t played them.

Then purchase on the Xbox store of you want to play on Xbox.

14. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

they are referring to the windows 10 version of the game on pc they had tsw 2 on steam and brought tsw 2020 as it was on discount with gamepass and thought the preserved collection would move over

15. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

That only works for games included in the XBox Play Anywhere list.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-play-anywhere/games
    Currently only 265 games support this.

I, for example, have 500 games currently installed on my Series X, but only 35 of those and all their DLC are playable whenever I want on PC via Play Anywhere.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021