Lgv Est - France

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Virus51, Aug 24, 2020.

?
  1. Strasbourg-Nancy

11.5%
  2. Nancy - Reims

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Reims - Paris

23.1%
  4. Paris - Lyon

61.5%
  5. Other ?

3.8%
  1. Virus51

Virus51 New Member

Hello everyone !

I've been playing Dovetail games for a long time but never decided to create an account, but here I am.
    I would like to suggest something.

As we all know, the lines on TSW are reasonnably sized in term of line length, and it takes about 30/40 minutes to complete the whole route.

I saw in the roadmap announcement a rework of the LGV Méditerranée line between Avignon and Marseille and would like to know why you don't focus on the north part of France ?

There are tons of small TGV lines out there. Few examples can be Strasbourg - Nancy, Nancy - Reims or even Reims - Paris (110 km / 45 min).

And I Think the last one is particularly interesting in terms of length. It takes about 45 min to do the whole line with 5/8 minutes to leave Reims, 25 minutes on the LGV at 320 km/h and then some really interesting parts in Ile de France. It could be a really challenging line..

It's a little suggestion I post here, but since we've already done Marseille - Avignon in TS, if you want to focus a bit of your time on France, you could potentially focus on the LGV-EST or even LGV Atlantique.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I’d quite like to see Dunkirk in there. Has a nice mix of freight and passenger. TGV services to Paris, and TER services to Lille.

3. Virus51

Virus51 New Member

Yea, there are alot of possibilities and it would change from the south part we've already seen in TS

4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

That's hard. Paris would certainly be interesting, but I love Strasbourg. It's just so beautiful.

But I think I would have to go with the route from Paris via Chessy to wherever (Reims?), but it needs to include Disneyland! ;)

gare chessy.jpg
    DSC00593.JPG
    DSC00591.JPG
    Also, while this route would be possibly longer than the current normal, it shouldn't be too much more work since between cities there's just a whole lot of fields and - well - nothing, and you would simply fly through there with over 300km/h anyway :)

But it could get expensive due to licencing... :(

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Virus51

Virus51 New Member

Well thats 'a great idea too. But indeed I think that in terms of licencing, Disney is out of hand..
    Gare de l'Est in Paris is a good option aswell as Gare du Nord since you don't really see alot of Paris. Maybe some north-est part like Cité.

Don't really know if it is out of scope or not, would be great if someone from Dovetail could lead us about this idea

[​IMG]

Is it too large for TSW 2 to handle tho ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

No, as far as I heard, the game can handle a lot, as only a few map "tiles" are loaded at any time and then unloaded when you're through. The thing is that with the amount of detail on the route maps (p.ex. in contrast to TS), it takes a lot of work and manpower. And they, of course, have deadlines, when they want to bring dlc out, regularly. And for the current price of €30, depending on route environment, only about 60km are realistic, afaik.
    Except, as I said, if we cut our expectations back on a very fast route with mainly some fields in the middle, maybe something longer may be viable.

PS: Maybe Disney can be convinced that it's free advertising? :cool:

• Like Like x 1