Haupstrecke Rhein Ruhr And Safety Settings In Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grumypop51, Aug 26, 2020.

1. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Can someone help me please? I just tried Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr route on TSW2 and wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting started with PZB and Sifa set up?
    Works fine without safety devices set, but will not let me get going past notch 2 before applying brakes and will not release.
    Went back to TSW2020 and all good there, so I'm assuming it's a bug but confirmation would be nice.

2. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

From the producer to the customer (funny headset apart. He is a serious professionist)

• Like Like x 1
  3. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

This wouldn't happen to be on the first winter scenario would it, I have been playing with SIFA, but the winter scenario seems to not work with it on ?

4. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've not had any issues normally with SIFA or PZB on this route. You're not going quicker than 45kph on the PZB testing period are you?

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

6. LucasLCC

45 is the cutoff point, where as 40 is the speed you're supposed to do. You can drive at 44 and be fine, but it's not advisable

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

I've gone over 40 and gotten an e brake.

8. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

That happen because in addition to the PZB Start Programme set to 45km/h you are driving in a section where the max permitted speed is 40km/h. That happen many times outside the main stations, for example. Anyway I find correct to be careful and drive about 5 km/h down also because, in case of start programme without additional limits to 40, as you touch the 45.1km/h the system will stop your train, and you cant see if you are driving at 44.9 or at 45.1, you just read 44 or 45 :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

As additional info, I have played quite a few scenarios and services in the Köln-Aachen line. My experience is that there is enough room to arrive in time if you follow the full PZB / LZB rules even with a generous safety margin. You do not need to run at 99.9% of the max speed all the time, like in the LU line for example.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

The track speed was higher. PZB stopped me over 40 while on start program.

11. LucasLCC

I'd expect this to be a bug, and best to log a support ticket if it does it again.

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Do you remember the exactly point on the route? Because just outside Aachen Hbf and Köln Hbf there is the 40km/h speed limit
    and the PZB start program restriction will become active or when you switch on the PZB at the start of the service (as you move the train for the 1st time) or if you drive under the 10km/h for more than 15 seconds.

13. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I had an issue with sifa on Essen connection could not even leave the starting station, so i turned sifa off but leave pzb on then it's fine it won't put brakes on .

14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I mean, to be careful when we are driving under "fiscal" restrictions (mainly active magnets and start program). Because if we drive in not "fiscal" restrictions sections if we exceed just a bit the max permitted speed, a letter G lights up on our display and we can reduce the speed without immediately stop penalty. If we exceed more the G start to blink and after some second (I dont remember the exactly timer) safety system will stop our train. So, outside the "fiscal" restrictions sections we can drive very close to the max permitted speed. And under LZB all become pretty relaxing (or almost, if compared with the PZB or PZB only) :D

15. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Played only 1 randomly Timetable on "new" HRR route here on TSW2.

BR 425 Service RE11 Bochum Hbf - Duisburg Hbf of 6:33

I tested this Timetable service twice: 1st run I used only the PZB and in my opinion PZB worked correctly, from the start to the end. then I tested a 2nd time [restart] the same service but this time I used only the Sifa.
    As I leave from Bochum Hbf, after (I don't know exactly) about 600-700 meters, my train was stopped by emergency brake (Not-Bremse lights up on train display). The problem is that Sifa indicator has not worked (no lit on train display and on HUD too.) Addictionally also the Sifa alarm has not worked. So, about 600-700 meters outside Bochum Hbf (without any sort of Sifa advice) my train was stopped by (Sifa) emergency brake. And this is for sure a Sifa bug.

Update:

I continued to testing the same Timetable service above (BR 425 RE11 Bochum-Duisburg 6:33) for at least 2 hours. My *partial* conclusion is that if we follow the steps below, Sifa (on BR 425) will work correctly. Steps are:

1-First at all, literally stand up from the seat and activating the Sifa switch from the side panel.
    Only now (still literally) sit in seat again, insert the Master Key and move the Reverser to Neutral, then open passengers doors, etc.

2-With all the others setup combinations like for example, from the seat, insert the Master Key and move the Reverser to NEUTRAL and then (with the reverser on Neutral) activating the Sifa switch (HRR Manual says exactly like this), already at the 1st Sifa acknoledge you risk that the emergency brake will stop our train. (from my tests this is absolutely random or mainly released to the stand up from the seat / come back to the seat. If we leave the seat then go back on seat the Sifa-setup it will working correctly!).

Bug or more "fiscal/changed" Sifa setup? For sure, about the setup procedure, something is changed...(the stand up sifa setup)

Anthony if you run under 45 km/h (under pzb start program and without other speed limit restrictions) your train won't stop (in the screen im just outside Bochum Hbf with start program active and I run at 43km/h. You can't see the 85/75 blink in the screen, but you can see the 70 lit on a passenger train who working only in 85 mode.)

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

I'll have to try it. I may have gotten over 45 quicker than I thought maybe.

17. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Please, like you have free time, test what I wrote above. Switch on only the Sifa, because your stop on TSW2-HRR from my opinion is related to the Sifa-bug! As you start the Timetable, leave the seat and back in seat if you like to bypass the bug.

18. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

I can confirm there is a bug with the Sifa, and getting up from the seat to turn it on solves the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

My problem has nothing to do with Sifa. What I described happened long ago. I just keep to 40 kmh. I'll try and see if I can go above 40 without PZB tripping.

21. grumypop51

Winter scenario and first service at Duisburg. Get going and stick to start up speed 45 kph, then cancel PZB, pull into station and when going again I almost make it to the signal and PZB pulls me up. I think I have it nutted out though as I suspect that when PZB comes on again at the station, I am in restricted mode 'O'. Means I should not go faster than 25 kph until passing green 60 kph signal.
    Have not tried winter scenario again yet, but will let you know.

22. grumypop51

23. grumypop51

As posted above I think I have it nutted out though, as I suspect that when PZB comes on again at the station, I am in restricted mode 'O'. Means I should not go faster than 25 kph until passing green 60 kph signal. I saw nother post somewhere that told me there are a couple of spots on this route where PZB puts us in mode 'O' restricted, meaning speed under 500 Hz magnet should not exceed 25kph. When I ran the scenario again and stayed on 25 until passing signal, then press PZB release, all is good.

24. grumypop51

Thanks all for your replies to my little problem. I suspect PZB restricted mode is in operation here as when I keep to 25kph, all is good after passing signal.

Great responses and thanks again!! :love::):cool:

• Like Like x 1