PC Should We Take It Easy On Dtg For Tsw?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CSX8067, Dec 4, 2017.

1. CSX8067

CSX8067 Guest

hey I know I am new here and every thing. but I got to thinking. this simulator just came out in November. so it is still young. how you expect a new thing to come out and not have bugs/glitches ect? I am no computer programmer or any thing. but I am quite sure if I made something it would surely have bugs in it. what are some thoughts on this? like if Microsoft for example made a new OS it would have bugs they would have to work out to you know? nothing is perfect

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Problem is the definition of the term 'bug'. So what is a real bug, what is a glitch, what is missing detail, what is badly done work... and so on. TSW is a mixture of all these things. Most 'bugs' in TS are just badly done work IMO. Maybe because the devs do not have the needed time for all these complicated things. But i'm sure they are working hard on it. Needs time to get there where TS1 is now and then needs further time to get way better. Will be happen, believe me, but not tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Actually CSX Heavy Haul was released in March and Great Western Express came out in September.

As for going easy on them; I'd say were are going easy on them. Look at some of the comments on the Steam forums or even read the reviews on Steam itself; DTG get a lot of shtick thrown at them in a far worse manner than we provide here.

We're a pretty amicable group I would say but it's only right that we call out DTG on the bugs, glitches and so on because if we don't they may never get fixed.

Take London Paddington for example; it has a bug where the echoing effect inside is aurally atrocious and another where it'll rain and snow under the roof. London Victoria has the exact same issues in the TS20xx London to Brighton route, a route that has been around a very long time and has seen any number of DLC train add-ons brought out. Yet, the issue with the station was never fixed.

I, and many others I'm sure, don't want to see that happening with TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CSX8067

CSX8067 Guest

well Google told me November shoot them not me. lol. but still the the devs should jump in and at least show/say what they are working on. instead of keeping every one in the dark show screen shots of what they are doing and give a bug fix list so we know what's going on. seems logical to me. but they would rather keep us in the dark for some reason.

5. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

I really know every 'bug' of TSW. But moaning around does not help at all. TSW is an niche product. So it needs time to get done. If all customers just moan around and stop buying DLCs, then TSW will never be what customers demand. It's just that easy. No money no TSW future. DTG will not say it this clear way, but it is at it is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Then don't release it as a finished product.

7. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The whole “I won’t buy your stuff until it is changed” point is understandable though. Many things that goes on in the TS world give off the impression that “DTG is a business above all else” and “they won’t do that (make a route, fix a DLC, add this feature) because it won’t make a profit” etc, etc. The general theme coming out of that kind of talk is that DTG cares about money, so “if you don’t like what DTG is doing, don’t give them money. If you do like what they are doing, give them money. Money speaks to them.”

More reasonable would be to say “if you don’t like it, say you don’t like it and why, if you like it, say you like it and why” which is what these forums are attempting at. But there’s not talk going around that “DTG puts customers first” and “DTG will definitely do that, it’s what everyone wants, after all,” nor many actions going on that support that kind of talk. Thus, talking about products does not seem to really get anything done, and nobody, not even DTG, is great at demonstrating DTG does care about what we think.

So, we regress into more fierce methods to try and ‘make DTG care’ about problems, like being hard on them in talk, or not buying stuff, as you said.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

DTG staff seem to spend more time interacting around the Steam forums than here. On these forums we get the announcements and that's pretty much it for the most part. There'll be the occasional comment in some random thread but overall DTG seem to be more broadcast rather than dialogue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CSX8067

CSX8067 Guest

yeah I have not had any one from DTG talk to me on here yet as to what's going on as far as updates or bug fixes

10. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Apparently if you stand in front of a mirror and speak Jay's name three times and then ask when BNSF content will be available outside of America again, he will appear.

The impression I'm getting is that DTG are definitely reading these forums and taking in the criticisms, bug reports and suggestions. They're just not replying. In the meantime I might have to start looking at the Steam forums a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CSX8067

CSX8067 Guest

well I think they fixed something cause I ran 4 tutorials without a CTD. that's a first. fingers crossed I can do more. but I won't hold my breath on that. if I do some one will have to resuscitate me. cause i know it will CTD sooner or later. lol