Will A Increased Timetable On Bakerloo Line Suffer From Bad Fps And Stutter/freezes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by roggek, Aug 26, 2020.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes, i don't care about the performance, more the merrier.

50.0%
  2. Yes, if DTG makes the AI-trains in lower resolution which improves the performance

25.0%
  3. No, I already have performance problems in TSW2

25.0%
  1. roggek

roggek Active Member

As mentioned in the roadmap for TSW2 a increased timetable on Bakeloo line (from todys 201 services to around 450) would probably suffer from "bad FPS" and freezes/stutter on the XBox One and XBox One S.

At the moment there are well known AI-train spawn problems, which results in sometimes stuttering and also in second long freezes, in which the XBox controller has no respond at all, very crucial when stopping at stations to not overshoot the platform.

This is present both in TSW2020 and sadly also in TSW2.

What is your experience so far, and would you see an increased timetable in TSW2 Bakerloo line?

2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Your options aren't really fair. Adding trains shouldn't cripple the FPS too much, as it will use the asset loaded into the RAM, so it should actually be fine.

They've already said in the roadmap that there's going to be an increase in the amount of services, so I think that already answers your question that performance doesn't take a hit when they add trains.

The 201 services are already loaded in to the Bakerloo line when you start, they are all sat in the depots, so bringing them out onto the line won't cripple it, if anything it should reduce load as the game won't have to load in 20 stationary trains quickly in the Stonebridge Park area (which is where the biggest stutters occur).

• Like Like x 3
  3. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Also as the game ages it will get updates as more things are put into the game so normally games run better as they get older because of the patches and tweaks to performance when game content is added, so don't think it should be an issue bolstering the tube timetable with more services.

4. roggek

roggek Active Member

But it does, and my fear is with more AI-trains, the performance would suffer...

XBox One S has only 8GB of RAM, which isn't expandable as on PC.
    And the second long freezes often occur when you have a oncoming AI-train in sight.
    Sometimes the sound will "clip out" for a second.

My poin't of view was to see if maybe the older console versions could get a less "RAM-hungry AI-train" (in lower resolution maybe?)

5. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether I'd support this as I have an original xbox one and I do not experience any of the things you do when passing another train.

6. russianchip

russianchip Guest

As the game develops so does the team working on it, remember back to Founders Edition where we had missing track and only saw the exhaust fumes of passing trains. Matt said that they are learning as they develop, he mentioned about how locos were made up of 100’s of layers and now it’s an efficient process hence why we have Sand Patch on Xbox. I’m happy they will have plans in place that will cope with an increase in services, the development process is ever changing so who knows what might come in future updates!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It doesn't the AI is already running on the route, the 1972 stock is already rendered into the game, and causes the stutters (I'd imagine) as there are 20 trains sat in the sidings at Stonebridge Park, instead of spread out over the course of the route.

8. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

More trains, More passengers. No passengers on trains in Depots.

9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will cause any more stuttering than is present now. The only way to tell will be after they are implemented. If it becomes a problem in testing then they might not release the increased timetable. There may be other issues that mean it isn’t increased as much or even never released, we just don’t know. I’m more concerned about Köln-Aachen after the preserved content trains are introduced, as there are a greater number of different train models to load in a route that already stutters. With Bakerloo all the trains are the same so are already loaded. Even with that we can’t tell until it happens. Plus, as others have mentioned, the routes will likely see small improvements over time with updates.