Ecw Upgrade At Newhaven Marine

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rail Runner, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Since July this year, Freight services have been entering the newly developed Newhaven Marine to load Sea-Dredged Aggregates.
    I am asking if there is a possibility of adding a few more sidings and the ability of unloading/loading aggregates there.
    DB Cargo are operating these services so the would be no need for an update to the livery of the Class 66.
    There doesn’t need to be a whole new model developed for this, but it would be great to see this new step resource used on the line.
    The use of the JNA wagons as well as HRA wagons are used on the line now so it would be very nice to use some of these if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Unfortunately at this time they are not upgrading any preserved collection routes. There is more for them to focus on than upgrading old routes.

3. Rail Runner

Ah I see. I miss understood the livestream.
    Cheers for the heads up.

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Although they are planning to add the class 313 for East Coastway so they are not abandoning the route entirely. So while I would say this is highly unlikely, it wouldn't be impossible.

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Something could be done with another iteration of scenario planner?
    Not adding sidings or unloaders, but allowing your freight train down to the harbour?

6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Should be able to use wagon's from the Great Western Express route in the scenario editor once it's released!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Hopefully

8. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

i read somewhere that newhaven marine station was closing as not used by many passengers?has this happened yet?in real life not game.

9. Rail Runner

The station has been demolished. And the whole site has been turned into an aggregate terminal which is a great use for the former station.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

just been reading up on it,i thought it was due to lack of passengers and was taken out of service recently,but it seems it was 2006 and due to safety reasons.

11. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

ECW is set before 2020 therefore this isn’t possible

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rail Runner

It was also due to the fact that the government didn’t want to keep it open. The original ferry port had Been moved closer between the two and it was therefore seen that Newhaven Marine wasn’t needed. So instead of shutting it completely, they prevent people from going there by blocking it up from the 2000s, and then only running two trains per day. Which were known as Ghost trains. So with the numbers going to Newhaven Marine being zero, they could justify shutting it.
    I may have slightly interpreted this differently to how it is, but in my eyes that is also what happened.

13. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's my knowledge of what happened. The ferry terminal was moved so it is now served by Newhaven Town and as Marine was only around a hundred yards from Newhaven Harbour Station (the stations were so close that Marine was at one point treated as platform 3 of Harbour Station) so it served no purpose. As it was on its own line off the branch it could not be served by normal service trains to Seaford so it was also an operational inconvenience. A few years ago I think the canopy over the platform was declared unsafe so it was closed to the passengers and only served by parliamentary trains on ECS movements. After a few years of being served by parliamentary trains, the station was officially closed and then demolished.

14. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

The class 313 is a loco add-on, not a route upgrade.

• Like Like x 1