Locos In The Way At Cumberland Yard

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Joker729, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Ok I don't get this. I have tried three different timetable tasks that begin in Cumberland yard, and in every one of them, there is always a pair of locos sitting in my path preventing me from leaving the yard. I don't get this. Does anyone else run into this?

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I apologize for pointing out the obvious, but are you setting switches correctly? Specifying the titles of the timetable sessions might help you get help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Yes the locos are sitting right on top of the first waypoint. I have tried finding ways around this or to clear them out of the way. Trust me I don't like resorting to forums unless I have no way out. However if the names of the timetable tasks would help, I'll just go write down the name of each one that starts in the Cumberland Yard.

4. Joker729

Joker729 Member

5. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Please stop opening multiple threads and give us better information, so we can try to replicate it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you tell us the service number or scenario you are playing we can try it and tell you if we find something that might help you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joker729

Joker729 Member

You're right. My apologies. I've done just what I suggested and check every timetable route that starts at Cumberland and, I'm ashamed to admit, the problem appears to only exist in one of them - U876-A. I let my frustrations get the better of me.

8. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

I haven't encountered this on Sand Patch yet, this is ment as a sidenote..semi off-topic, but I'll mention it since it's the same kind of issue ( yes, I have submitted a ticket ), on nr.2 of the timetable scenarios for the GP38 at Peninsula Corridor there will be 4 hoppers parked on the track between you and the checkpoint at Redwood. The reason I mention it here is because maybe it's related in terms of how the various locos and wagons are spawned in the game, and that needs a looking into.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Hi, yes I have this problem too but you can still compete it, roll up to the 2 locos to couple up. Drag them back over the points the way you came. Switch the points straight on and push them forwards onto the track adjacent to where they were. Uncouple them and reverse clear then set the points back and head off. It works and I completed U876a last night

• Like Like x 2
  10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yeah, along the correct patch there are 2 locos in front of us. But maybe those locos are working as helper and we have to couple our train with them, then continue our service with a train drove by 4 frontal locos instead of 2.

Thats a screen captured from the Timetable service no. U876-A, and, after joined the 2 additional locos, I continue my travel in direction of Cumberland station (I suppose we are also free to change loco, and drive the train from the loco in front, just remember to setup the loco we are driving as "leader").

Train Sim World 2® 2020-08-27 17-34-46.png

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  11. ajwilson1889

oh, just be careful when you reverse onto the loco sitting on the branch line, obviously as you reverse onto it you have to pass a red signal, i forgot to ask permission first and ended the service with a signal passed at danger. Ouch, 2 hours wasted and I had to move those blocking locos all over again

12. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Hadn't thought of that ajwilson1889 . I'll give that a try. Thanks

13. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Yeah I actually tried that once hoping I could just push them off to the side somewhere up ahead, but that never came to pass and I felt dumb sitting two engines back :P

14. ajwilson1889

Its funny as the driver is still in the cab of that loco and he sits there while you move him out of the way

15. ajwilson1889

If you change loco to drive from front it ends the service. So you would have to drive 90 minutes from the 3rd loco with limited view

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Those locos are not supposed to be there. They should move past that point and continue down the line. I suggest this workaround:

1. Start the game on foot at 14:35 in Cumberland Turntable or Cumberland Yard West (Main Menu -> SPG -> Explore -> Explore on foot).
    2. Run to the train (U876-A) and take control of it.
    3. Wait until 14:42, when the service will start. You will see the locos that were previously stopped in your way pass.
    4. Continue the scenario as normal.

I do not recommend loading the scenario and moving the stopped locos yourself. The scheduler expects them to do some stuff and I'm not sure how it will react when things do not go as planned. Maybe nothing happens or maybe you get an error or wrong signals after 40 minutes.

Additional info for the devs:
    I think the stopped locos are there because they are supposed to complete a waypoint instruction there and it happened that by (bad) luck they were exactly at the "go via" waypoint when they were loaded (when they were expected to be moving passing it). The game engine probably has some bug that makes it fail to initialize the locos if they are exactly at the waypoint were they are supposed to go when the game loads.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ajwilson1889

You can move them and finish the service, i completed it last night, I did try waiting but they didn't move

• Like Like x 1
  18. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Right observation. I had not thought about that.
    So, in this case we had bypassed another bug! Lol :D

19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I just tried it. If you follow the instructions I posted they will not stop.
    Still, its good to know that the other workaround works too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately nope. Those locos are supposed to go past that point without stopping. They are not meant to be helpers for this train.

21. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Ok so if this is a dumb question, you'll have to forgive me, but how do you start those tasks on foot after picking a loco during the setup??

22. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you can't choose your loco when you start on foot :(

To start on foot:
    Main Menu -> Sand Patch Grade -> Explore -> Explore on foot.

Remember where the train is, because you will have to walk / run to it.

23. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Ok but still.....how do you start on foot?

24. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

To start on foot:
    Main Menu -> Sand Patch Grade -> Explore -> Explore on foot.

25. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

This service is also part of the journey on sand patch grade. Expect some very confused people when they first reach this service on their way though the journey.

If you decide to couple them up and continue, you eventually hit a red light you cannot pass because dispatcher thinks you are out of path. (indeed if you press 9 there is no blue line marked after you couple to them)

As part of the journey you have to follow the "move them to the next track" plan to proceed

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. ajwilson1889

Next time I will use your method, its a bit more realistic than dragging a manned light engine out of your way!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Foxbat

Foxbat New Member

Thank you! I just got stuck in the same place and this work around worked perfectly and didn't feel like a "gamey" way of beating the issue. Though rather than a pair of SD40s I've been given an AC4400CW and SD40 which is novel.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Joker729

Joker729 Member

I'm running it now in fact, and that did allow those locos to move on. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 2
  29. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I just tried this activity and, sure enough, there was the pair of engines blocking my path ahead. I climbed down from my cab and walked toward the near engine of that pair; as I climbed up toward the short hood door into the cab, a long freight entering the yard started to run past me.

I discovered the service number of the engines blocking my path and ran that service to its end without "traffic" problems. P-e-c-u-l-i-a-r.

30. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

I just did it (walked to the train) but didn't count me the service as achieved with the green mark.

So i can not sleep anymore ... For me I just lost 2 hours, once again :D

Attached Files:

31. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Completing a service by either exploring on foot or timetable mode doesn't put the checkmark in the journey tab. You have to start it as a journey and move the locos on the side track to get the checkmark, as mentioned above

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. maxipolo12

I'm going to buy a rope to finish myself.
    Be right back

Can i move the locs and do the scenario just with my main loc without any coaches ?

33. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Yes you can! You will get a warning about "Unexpected consist" or sth like that, but wont fail the scenario.

Edit: after you move the locos, couple back to your wagons and resume, dont just do the scenario with engines only

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  34. ajwilson1889

If it makes you feel better I moved the locos then drove all the way to Shaw Mine branch but forgot to ask permission before reversing and went through signal at danger, fail.

35. maxipolo12

:D
    Sorry for you dude ;) make some saves next time :)

I just hit 76 mph I'm happy

• Like Like x 1
  36. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I just hooked up to the offending locomotives and shunted them to a side track and went along my merry way... no problems with the scenario successfully completing. Probably my 22 years in the military, No mission ever went perfectly so you had to be adaptable to the situation or adapt the situation to fit your needs. :)

37. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

Guys, I completed this without touching the two offender locos. Here is what I did:

I pulled up close to them, not connecting. Then I reversed and moved back down my track to get out of their way. As soon as I was out of the way, that pair powered up and moved down the track next to your train. I did this part twice and it worked both times.

You do not have to move them yourself, hook up to them or anything. Just pull close, back out of their way, and then they will proceed on their merry way.

Hope this helps!!! Works like a charm for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Only work around I found, is to star ton foot before the service is due to start.