Missed A Station

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Aug 27, 2020.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Would be practical to have the option to allow to go to the next station if train accidentally missed it. So if we miss a station and continue journey the game would not let you to go to the next stop. The previous station name will stay active forever.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Yeah, that's a thing. What you can do when there's no signals between your train and the platform - in either direction - is simply to reverse back into it.
    If that's not an option and you don't wanna start over there's always the option in the menu to load your last checkpoint - usually the last station you stopped.

But I agree. If there would be a point after the station you missed that when you reach it, it automatically skips the last one, and you just don't get the points for that one, that would be good.

3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I've noticed on the Bakerloo Line that you can reverse back into a station, past a red signal, and the signal will turn back to green. This seems to be new.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Interesting. Didn't have that situation yet. Mostly still playing on preserved routes. Similar situation yesterday on East Coastway, missed, reversed, didn't see the signal, it stayed red, mission failed.
    Maybe it only works for non-preserved new content. Or maybe you just got lucky. Need to try it on a new route - later :cool:

5. Northerner

Yeah I just accidentally reversed passed a signal, I wasn't expecting it to go back to green but it did when I shut the doors. I did two tests on other services to check it wasn't a one off and went all the way through the green signal which then turned red, I then reversed back through it and both times it turned back to green. It might be a new feature like you say as lots of people were asking for it.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Wow. Ok. Gotta try that when I do do one of the new routes.
    Definitely doesn't work on preserved ones.

7. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes reversing in to the station is a possibility. But I wanted to be able to skip a station if for some reason I forgot to stop at it. So just to have the possibility to pass a station and by doing that to have next selected on the timetable objective.

8. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Yeah, I know.
    Still, thanks for the tip.

9. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

That might be a side-effect of how signals currently turn green on the Bakerloo line when the doors are closed. Once that line’s additional services are added, how the signals behave will change.

I can tell you that reversing past a signal doesn’t work on Köln Aachen. (Requesting to proceed past the red reports an “out of path” condition.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Northerner

Yes that's what I was thinking. As closing the doors normally on Bakerloo Line means it sets a path to the next station, so it might be opening and closing the doors that sets a new path.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1