Train Sim World 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether they're merging the Medway Valley line, Chatham line and the Sherness Branch in to this as well, especially as they are adding the 465 unit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

On a related note, is there a reason why trains from the preserved collection aren't available for the livery editor? It doesn't seem like something that would be difficult to implement, is there some weird compatibility issue?

It's such a shame, I would have loved to design an FGW livery for the HST's and 166s but apparently that would be too much fun.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

It likely is more difficult to implement, though, defining exactly what and how parts of the model can be repainted is likely not as easy as just making a plain white texture file. I don't know how it works at all, so I wouldn't really know, but I would suspect it would be difficult.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

It was when they first did the live stream when it was first announced I believe.
    Please correct me if I’m wrong.
    I think it’s the UE5? As I think we are on UE4.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

TSW20 stock wasnt going to carry into the routes and features of TSW2. Maybe they will suprise us and make them work with livery designer in the future. Im not expecting it though.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

There's an update for the livery designer being worked on, maybe it's to allow for the Preserved stock to be painted!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well that's an informative response.

• Like Like x 7
  9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

The feature that I want to see the most in the sound department. All of the train engines sounds in the preserved collection is so soft, and not loud. They need to rework the sound of these routes and trains. Also, I still don't hear any realistic train rumbling noise when they go over the track, because in the real world when the train goes over any junction on the track, there will be rumbling, clickety-clack noise, all the time, especially in Japanese train along with when the train switch track and when the train is curving, there will always be train screeching rumbling sound to it inside the train cab and on the outside of the train cab. Also the train rumbling and screeching noise change accordingly to how fast the train is going on, not stay the same. Also when the train cross the bridge, it have a different sound basically you can hear the train crossing a bridge and echoing.

I am sure this is what the community and fans want as well

@Sam(DTG Protagonist) Can you please pass this message to the sound department, and let them know that this is the top feature that i would like to see, because so far the sound aren't as realistic as they should be, and i know that the team can achieved this and bring more new train fan to this game. Thank you

Dovetail Team Please Dovetail or any people who work on the sound department add this feature and make the train and engine sound more louder and realistic like in the real world, in the preserved collection and all your upcoming routes and train. Thank you

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I must admit that isn't what I recall. I had the impression that this version of UE4 was a version where they could start to implement steam or lay the foundations at least where the previous version wasn't suitable.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rail Runner

Ah ok. My apologies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Livery editable models within the game are entirely separate to their pre-liveried original units. They're effectively a totally different vehicle, even if the originate from the same base 3D model. Effectively it would have taken us an additional 3 months to convert all the preserved vehicles to editable state, and that wasn't something we had the bandwidth to do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  14. Rail Runner

Looking at the Road Map, we seem to be getting some of the original Locomotives and Units from the Preserved Collection. For example, Hamburg - Lübeck says that it will have a MRCE 182 and the Doppelstockwagen set.
    I’m not sure about this so please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe we will be able to edit those liveries. So it is nearly the same as editing the Preserved Class 182. Just it’s a TSW2 version.
    Same with the London - Faversham; the Class 375 is similar, not the same, but similar to the Class 377. So if my guesses are correct, we can edit the livery on the Class 375 to make it a different liveried Class 377.
    Sorry if I am wrong.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I get this, it does seem like abit of a wasted opportunity though. There's alot of time to be spent in the game just in livery editor. I always thought it was such a waste in TSW to have these beautifully modelled locos, coaches and wagons, each with only one livery. The class 31/20/37/47 mk1/mk2 coaches etc etc have so many liveries that could be applied to them. As I said some where else... driving sandpatch is great but when you see a chessie and Union pacific sd40 sitting in cumberland and then you pass a Santa Fe and a CSX AC4400cw on your way up the grade just makes the game sp much more interesting.
    I love Tees Valley, probably my favourite route but it does get abit repetitive, always the same class 37s sitting in Tees yard, all the same colour, all with the same dirt, it's just pretty boring. Would look so much better driving past and theres a railfreight 37 sitting beside a coal sector 31 or whatever. Just my thoughts...

• Like Like x 4
  16. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

[removed by Protagonist - don't requote your own posts without further context please]
    Sorry i thought that i edit the post not requote. can you pass my idea to the team. thanks

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dtl15

Dtl15 New Member

I still think that not spending this additional 3 months was a mistake. I don't get the system, some does work with livery and scenario designer/editor and some content not then NEC isn't here but SPG yes, with full adhesion and the over routes without new features? And new addons 313 for preserved collection (that should not get any more?) [again livery designer? 313] and those preserved routes have no tsw2 features? But could get added afterwards? Ehm. >That's what I call a big mess.<

• Like Like x 3
  18. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Totally agree. If I'm not mistaken, then all routes and locos in TS are usable with every feature. That should be done for TSW2 aswell from the beginning. You could also have tripled the price or announced TSW2 later in order to get more time. That would have been better. Yep Dtl15 it doesn't only look like a mess, it really is one.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

I don't think it's the routes that have adhesion physics it's the locos and core upgrade, the routes (apart from SPG) aren't that different.

I don't think they preserved NEC because it needs pretty much re-building from scratch, it was built in the same way as Sand Patch but unlike SPG the bugs that are there require completely redoing the signalling and catenary.

Comparing TSW and TS is like comparing Forza and Gran Turismo, look the same at a glance but built in completely different ways. And tbh they aren't, some locos in TS have way more features than others.

• Like Like x 5
  20. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Ok thanks didn't know. Just heard that from a TS player ...

• Like Like x 2
  21. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Bugs are here to be fixed. Not to leave them behind. If a company decides going on without fixing existing bugs than it's got a very poor responsibility!

• Like Like x 4
  22. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Another feature that I really want to see is more dynamic weather settings like in the real world. So far i haven't seen any thunderstorm or lightning weather setting in this game, along with other weather such as breezy wind, strong wind, misty weather, foggy weather, stormy weather with lightning and thunder, and strong wind where rain up to 2-4 inch or more and pile up, like big puddle and in the station where there puddle everywhere, and where snow pile up on the track and station, basically all kinds of weather setting that we experience in the world.

Another thing I want to see as soon as multiplayer come in is being able to choose different job role and position such as being a train conductor where you do real-life train conductor duties or running a dispatch tower where you set the control for all trains, and where there are working cameras to see all things happen on the track and station, and any other duties that a train dispatcher does such as dispatch a train in and out of the station, or a train guard, especially in Japan where they make sure all is clear and everything is good to go, before the train arrive and depart the station. Basically other job roles and duties that we see in real life in the real railway industry.

@Sam(DTG Protagonist) Can you please pass this message to the main development team or the team that is in charge of adding new things and idea to tsw 2, and let them know that this is Another top feature that I would like to see because so far there is any more newer dynamic weather setting especially thunderstorm and lightning weather setting.

Dovetail Team Please Dovetail or any people who works on adding newer feature to TSW 2, make this really happen especially adding more dynamic weather setting and any realistic weather setting in the real world, in the preserved collection and all your upcoming routes. I know that you can do it and i want the company to go big as well
    Thank you

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  23. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

I'm 100% with you on the addition of lightning and thunderstorms. I was just thinking about that earlier while I was doing a night run on the Sand Patch Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

One confusing aspect of the Clinchfield SD40-2 is why they couldn't use the data from the SD40 that they used in the TS20XX version of the route for TSW2? As far as I'm concerned it is a standard SD40 based on its frame length and truck type. Maybe they didn't have enough data to make a TSW2 version?
    Screenshot_Clinchfield Railroad - Elkhorn City to St Paul_37.30054--82.33934_12-07-46.jpg
    Screenshot_Clinchfield Railroad - Elkhorn City to St Paul_37.30095--82.33942_12-09-28.jpg Screenshot_Clinchfield Railroad - Elkhorn City to St Paul_37.30046--82.33941_12-08-00.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  25. raildan

Still personally convinced it's just a typo or something, after all the SD40-2 is completely innacurate here

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  26. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Fair enough but I think you should have made the 377 from East Coastway livery editor compatible. The fact it’s part of the deluxe edition but missing the feature could easily be misleading and it’s the only train that came with the route. Couldn’t of taken that long to do and the 377 has tons of different liveries in real life so would have had a lots of potential.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Rail Runner

Even so, when the Class 375 comes out with London - Faversham, it’s not the same but similar, you can edit that to make a different liveried Class 377/375. I know that I will he making a GX Class 387 as these are running on the East Coastway at present.

• Like Like x 2
  28. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

hello again at dovetail forget to do for tsw 2020 and tsw 2 is missing joystick vibration so I need for joystick vibration.
    if at dovetail do steam updates tsw 2020 and tsw 2 for vibration controller please thank you

• Like Like x 1
  29. Blacknred81

Good news is that its in the Planning Stage, so there is time to fix it, if its wrong or a typo.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Depends still. As we'll have to wait and see the updated roadmap this Tuesday (Sep. 1) to see if it is an actual SD40 or a Dash 2 remodel (like the GP38 has).

• Like Like x 1
  31. elatn

elatn Active Member

What is the update interval on the Roadmap?

• Like Like x 1
  32. raildan

2 weeks

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  33. Pierre

Pierre New Member

It's great news to see some new high speed lines in the roadmap like London-Faversham and Avignon-Marseille. Can't wait! I liked the TS versions very much. Hopefully one day we will be able to drive across the tunnel to Lille, Paris, Brussels or even Lyon/Marseille? ;-).

• Like Like x 7
  34. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Thanks! Yes I'll be trying later, when I found som curage. ;-) I guess the best is to install on Steam, what is required and what I don't find there I'll get via Alans site. By the way, I've seen some of your youtube stuff and I'll check for more.

• Like Like x 1
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Please give us also the DB BR 218 for Hamburg to Lübeck as Loco and not only the 112 with Dostos to have more variables 5DFA933D-BA9B-47D2-80E4-BC6107292488.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  36. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. Thopor

Thopor New Member

Will steam engines be a thing? Would love to see a big boy up844 special running passengers,

ability to swap ends with out having to run back and forth.

Integrated Positive train control “PTC”?

more DPU control? On freight trains?

option to change “Subject” to “Proceed”

• Like Like x 2
  38. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You can swap ends by using a keyboard & pressing CTRL +

• Like Like x 1
  39. maximilianvonwirth

maximilianvonwirth New Member

Does anybody know when DTG will publish the Main-Spessart Bahn in preserved Collection?
    Because the SFS Köln-Aachen is a bit empty whitout RE1 traffic.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Thopor

Thopor New Member

Not on consoles.

• Like Like x 2
  41. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

[QUOTE = "Thopor, post: 169306, membre: 21078"] Les moteurs à vapeur seront-ils une chose? J'adorerais voir un grand garçon monter844 passagers spéciaux,

la capacité d'échanger se termine sans avoir à courir d'avant en arrière.

Commande de train positive intégrée «PTC»?

plus de contrôle DPU? Sur les trains de marchandises?

option pour remplacer «Objet» par «Continuer» [/ QUOTE]

oui moteur vapeur
    yes steam engine = vibration lever

42. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

I'll make a try. I found them before via youtube. I do have TS 2020 and some of the DLC:s required, but not all, I think,

• Like Like x 1
  43. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

hello i think better dovetail forget to add steam cloud tsw 2020 and tsw 2. i'm a little fed up with usb home computer
    and laptop computer for vocals. i need add steam cloud tsw 2020 and tsw 2 please thank you

• Like Like x 1
  44. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

also if one day computer remove everything windows 10 installs. I am already tsw 2020 65 level 1 times rename 0 level now I have 368 level and usb handheld do not forget steam cloud missing

• Like Like x 1
  45. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I tried both the + on the keypad and the one next to enter, but it does not work. What is your keyboard layout?

• Like Like x 1
  46. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Oh yea, ur right, forgot that’s it’s another third party route for TSW! Well I also think it would be a good starting point for them, given the fact that DTG is still teaching devs how to use TSW editing tools, so it would make sense to begin with reused locos and after playing around with the editor a little more, they could create longer, better routes (up to the community’s standards) with new locos.

Edit: Also forgot bout tri rail licensing, they can’t get the licenses from many commuter routes in the US.:(

• Like Like x 2
  47. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

The only one I can think of right now that have a licensing program is the MTA metro north,LIRR & maybe an NYC subway route

• Like Like x 1
  48. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You can if you hook up a keyboard to you'r Xbox or PS4. I mean it works for me on Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  49. Blacknred81

I assume they could also get the licensing for Amtrak Corridor/State routes as well if possible such as
    Amtrak California/Surfliner
    Amtrak Cascades
    Amtrak Midwest
    Amtrak NC By Train
    etc...

• Like Like x 3
  50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Today want the Roadmap been Updated right?

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.