Xbox Spg - Lots Of Scenarios/services Uncompletable

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by deans.ma, Aug 29, 2020.

1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Alright, I'm really not sure how to best go about describing this, but if you've experienced this you'll know what I mean.

In Sand Patch Grade, it seems that just about every time the game instructs you to "move beyond junction", or "reverse past x point" the turnouts & signals involved won't react.

Example 1:
    Part 1 of the Shaw Mine Run: After proceeding to Salisbury Junction and stopping the train, the game indicates for you to back down the branch and hook onto the gp38-2. At Salisbury Junction, the signal stayed red and the switch stayed in the normal "main" position. 90 minutes of gameplay completely wasted.

Example 2:

Part 3 of the Shaw Mine Run: After uncoupling the engines from the train parked in the Yoder siding, the game indicates for you to proceed past the end of the siding, done. The game then tells you to take the engines down to the opposite end of the siding, done. The game then tells you to couple up to the opposite end of the train (thus completing the run around), once again, signal stays red and switch doesn't throw.

Example 3:

Fully Fueled Scenario: After spending 90+ minutes from Cumberland to Sand Patch, the game instructs you to stop at Sand Patch, run back and disconnect the rear locos, done. After doing so, the game instructs you to proceed beyond the Sand Patch crossovers, signal stays red, another 90 minutes wasted.

I'm sure there are more examples of this in the game.

I should note problems like this were rare in TSW2020, usually "calling the dispatcher" solved it but for some reason, that doesn't exist in this game.

Dovetail,
    Please, please, please fix this!! I hope you understand how frustrating it is to sink 1.5+ hours into a scenario just to find it impossible to finish.

-Dean

2. graeme.norton1

graeme.norton1 New Member

I contacted the dispatcher to get clearance to proceed and was able to complete these 3 scenarios.

3. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

How do you contact the dispatcher in TSW2??

-Dean

4. graeme.norton1

Hold down the B button.

5. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

I opened up the control diagram and see in fact that B is the new "contact signaller" button. Still doesn't seem to do anything though.

Ya just can't win!

-Dean

6. graeme.norton1

I spawned into Cumberland Yard on foot, climbed aboard a set of loco's and tried contacting the signaler by pressing and holding the B button nothing happens but whilst doing the scenario's pressing and holding the B button definitely contacts the signaler.

7. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Well I was in a scenario when I filmed that video. Playing the save game from example 3.

-Dean