PlayStation "x796 - W.b. Helper" Gold Medal Is Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LiquidShadows, Aug 29, 2020.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

No matter how quickly I move or how accurately I keep the speed, I always end up with a score of 960 and a silver medal. My quickest time is 10:29. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Rush

Rush Member

I had an issue with another short service where no matter how perfect I did, I’d always end up with a silver medal. What I ended up doing was just driving back and forth between the signals at the front and rear of my loco and building up my AP for driving under the speed limit. Did that until I had racked up an extra couple hundred points. Slight annoyance, but it got me the gold medal. Also the time doesn’t usually matter unless it’s a passenger service so take your time and just build up the points.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

It's funny you say that because I thought of doing that exact same thing, but I was unsure of whether or not taking that extra time to gain those 30 or so extra points needed would be negated with the end score. Glad to hear that the time management doesn't really make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for your input.

4. Rush

Rush Member

Yeah no problem. Time really only affects passenger service in the way that you get 500 AP usually for being on time and the later you are the less you get, but for all the freight services, they don’t usually have an arrival time so it doesn’t affect AP. I too, thought at first with the one I did that maybe completing it faster that it’d make a difference, but it never did either. Lol. That’s when I decided to just try going up and down the line for the extra points.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2