Another Generic List Of Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by brandonmc205, Dec 7, 2017.

1. brandonmc205

brandonmc205 Member

CURRENT VERSION: "Happy Holidays Update"
    All of these bugs are current and are still replicable as of the Happy Holidays Update.

As issues listed below are fixed I will cross them off.

This is just a list of bugs that I could think of off the top of my head that have been driving me insane for months that no one seems to care to fix. I will add more as I think of them.

CSX is still my favorite version of the game right now, and it seems to be almost entirely forgotten. There are still tons and tons of bugs that need to be fixed. I understand that you guys may be working on new builds in other expansions/DLC, but the bugs in the previous versions need to be fixed. It's not like the entire thing needs to be scrapped, it just needs some more work, but apparently, that isn't a huge priority for DTG. The quality of your products really lacks in the fixing of bugs area. I don't have a problem with there being bugs in a new game. What I do have a problem with is when those same bugs are significant and are still there over a year later.

It's sad when I find myself constantly looking/hoping for updates to this game on a daily basis because there are so many bugs only to be disappointed by the next update that comes out because it doesn't address any of the ones that have been around forever.

NOTE: These are not listed in order of importance.

CSX:
    • Freight cars behind the first car you uncouple from bug back and forth frequently. Uncoupling the first car you uncoupled stops the cars from spazzing out
    • you cant unlock the couplers on the coil cars
    • spelling error on the hopper - should say "SELF LOCK/UNLOCK" not "UNLCOK"
      [​IMG]
    • engine oil pressure gauge inside the GP and SD units doesn't always work (if ever)
      [​IMG]
    • the feed valve indicator in the AC4400CW goes back to -15 after setting the pressure and changing screens or just when first loading into the game
      [​IMG]
    • The ambient lighting in Cumberland yard is different than outside. it is also super dark at night compared to outside of the yard (I'm having a harder time replicating the night bug)
    • the ambient color/white balance changes when switching cameras and in general changing the viewing position
    • the engine bay doors on the SD40-2 YN2 have texture issues making it impossible to start the engine without using a hotkey
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • cars get frozen sometimes, and you cant move the train, sometimes forcing you to restart the scenario or service. (uncoupling and recoupling the right car seems to fix this most of the time. the trick is finding the right car). If you pull on them with the engine, the frozen car will remain in place, and the cars that are not frozen will stretch out the slack until there is no more room for expansion. When you release the force of the engine pulling (put the throttle back down to 0), the entire train (in front of the frozen car) will spring back and oscillate back and forth for a moment before returning to rest. You still cannot move the train.
    • The low foliage setting doesn't render the correct level of foliage after changing services/scenarios or after moving a certain distance. You have to apply a new foliage setting then reapply low to fix it.
    • rear headlight on the GP40-2 doesn't work
    • rear ditch lights on GP40-2 have ambient lighting
    • GP40-2 doesn't have clacking noises for switches or track
    • no correction of ambient light when in tunnels, the train is still lit as if it were outside the tunnel
      [​IMG]
    • some of the hoppers in the scenario "Powering America [Part 1]" aren't loaded with coal. (This is the first time I've seen this happen).
      [​IMG]
    • the speed on all trains will very rapidly reduce when applying the dynamic brake over the auto or ind. brake
    • exterior sounds sometimes play inside the cab even when the cab is entirely sealed. walking out the door of the cab and back in usually fixes this issue. this also happens when loading back into a saved game where you are seated in the cab. standing up out of the seat usually fixes this issue
    • EOTD doesn't switch sides of trains for AI consists after they've switched directions
    • engines don't stay turned off
    • smoke effects show even when engines are powered down but moving (All of these engines are powered down except the lead)
      [​IMG]
    • smoke effects disappear from engines in your train while driving
      [​IMG]
    • NPC models frequently render the incorrect level of detail, causing them to appear blurry, even when moderately close. Walking up very close to the NPC sometimes fixes this issue.
    • While in the AC4400CW, the game HUD displays braking in notch 1 when the locomotive is in idle after "Happy Holidays Update"
      [​IMG]
    GWE:
    • passengers walk around on the tracks
      [​IMG]
    • aggregate loading/unloading is way too loud when inside the loading bay

RAPID TRANSIT:

Blank for now as I will give you guys some time to iron out obvious bugs. I think I might add some that I've seen later. But so far a lot of the issues in heavy haul have been fixed for this expansion. Great work on all of RT.

MAIN MENU:
    • In the player profile screen, when looking at the locomotives, they are shown with inconsistent lights enabled. All of the CSX locomotives have their front headlights and ditch lights on, whereas the GWE and RT locomotives have the rear lights on or only the headlight on and not the marker lights. (The marker lights would be equivalent to having the ditch lights on for the CSX locos.) I have also seen the same locomotives have different lights at day and night (ex the Class 66 DBS has tail lights on at night and no lights on during the day)
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • GP40-2 is out of order in the selection lists (It's in chronologic order for when it was added to the game and it should be in order by type of locomotive as it was prior to adding the GP40-2)
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Thumbnail for Class 166 GWG now shows up as blank in "Happy Holidays Update"
      [​IMG]
    • Hair on character has lighting issues after "Happy Holidays Update" (Both day and night)
      [​IMG][​IMG]

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:
    • It would be nice to be able to change the sort order for the routes in the menu. I was quite happy having it be oldest first, then newest added to the right.
      [​IMG]
    • When loading into each game it would be nice to see pictures for the route that you're playing. For example, when loading into a GWE scenario/service, it is awkward to see stats for an AC4400CW as that is not what I'm loading into . . .

FORUMS:
    • when typing in the content section of a new thread post, the cursor constantly jumps back making it almost impossible to write
    • randomly doubles "spoilers" sometimes and adds the closer at the end of the post
    • randomly will keep scrolling your view to the bottom of the thread when trying to type
    • When using the spoiler button, the page will occasionaly freeze, forcing you to cancel your edit (losing all unsaved progress) and start a new edit to the thread

CHANGELOG
    Edit 1:
    • added SD40-2 YN2 engine bay door bug
    • added pictures of feed valve display in AC4400CW
    Edit 2:
    • added video of cars bugging when uncoupling
    • added video of ambient color changing when moving around in Cumberland yard (but it does this all over the place. the yard is the easiest to replicate but is probably a different cause than elsewhere on the route)
    Edit 3:
    • Added frozen cars bug
    Edit 4:
    • Added "spoilers" to condense the post length and make it easier to read
    Edit 5:
    • Added low foliage setting bug with video
    • Added "spoiler" function bug on forums
    Edit 6:
    • Added GP40-2 rear headlight not working
    • Added GP40-2 rear ditch lights have ambient lighting
    • Added GP40-2 not having clacking noises for track or switches
    • Added ambient white balance video
    • Added forums scrolling you to bottom of thread randomly (and video)
    • Added tunnels not changing ambient light
    • Added aggregate loading/unloading sounds being too loud (GWE)
    • Added some cars not displaying as loaded in the scenario "Powering America [Part 1]"
    • Added trains braking at unrealistic speeds when using dynamic brake
    • Added exterior sounds sometimes playing when inside the cab and sealed
    • Added engines not staying powered off
    • Added exhaust smoke effects showing when engines are off and moving
    • Added exhaust smoke effects disappearing while driving
    • Added video of rapid speed deceleration with dynamic brake
    • Added image of smoke not displaying on some engines in consists
    Edit 7:
    Updated current version to “Happy Holidays Update”

Edit 8:
    • Added "Main Menu" section
    • Added "Other Suggestions" section
    • Added "Happy Holidays Update" section to CSX
    • Added AC4400CW displaying the braking being in notch 1 when idling in the HUD
    • Added locomotive lighting being inconsistent when displayed in the menus
    • Added GP40-2 thumbnail being out of order in the menus
    • Added Class 66 GWG thumbnail showing up blank after "Happy Holidays Update"
    • Added lighting on character's hair in menu showing up black after "Happy Holidays Update"
    Edit 9:
    • Collapsed everything into sections to make the thread easier to navigate

I have collpased everything into sections in an attempt to make the thread easier to navigate. Please give me feedback regarding this change on whether or not it is helpful or just annoying.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Can't say I've ever had that one happen before.

3. brandonmc205

brandonmc205 Member

It was doing it to me the entire time I was trying to type this post so idk.

4. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

A good compiled list of bugs with evidence. I really hope they can get this stuff ironed out as it detracts greatly from the experience they have intended with this game. Some developer feedback on this stuff would be really nice but I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point

5. PlaysWithTrains

PlaysWithTrains New Member

"some of the hoppers in the scenario "Powering America [Part 1]" aren't loaded with coal. (This is the first time I've seen this happen)."
    note to devs: I saw the same thing in Aggregate Industries (but only once): the cars were all at 100% loaded, but only the first car was rendered as full, the others appeared empty. So maybe the bug is in whatever code is common to both loading processes.

6. brandonmc205

brandonmc205 Member

I believe i saw this happen again with the coal hoppers but moving the camera around caused it to re-render the hopper loads and they were correct the second time they rendered.

7. brandonmc205

brandonmc205 Member

I've hit my limit of images and videos allowed per post. Any recommendations on how to get around this without having to just put ugly links?