Other Dtg Negativity

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Mattty May, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Let's see what comes up in the roadmap on Tuesday. There are bugs, and yes I think think QA could be better or at least more transparent on know issues, but I also see large numbers of bug reports that are not bugs, but ignorance of players, though this may be caused by the crappy documentation. Despite all this, I really enjoy playing and I get the hang a bit on the Scenario Planner, which is fun despite all bugs and limitations.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The Bakerloo Line does have working platform screens, and they will be adding more trains which will fix the red signal problem.

You can mirror in the livery editor. Set both projection sliders to max.

3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Screens in the Bakerloo are static images, using the projection sliders doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No they aren't. Spawn on foot at a station, and watch them.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I had to me more specific, not PIS screens, the screens at the end of the platform used by drivers.

20200829_150938.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Bit harsh. TSW presumably formed the basis for TSW2, so its hardly abandoned.

Now with Flight Sim World, did you notice how shortly after DTG realised that they couldn't afford to continue paying Microsoft a license for the FSX code (to use as a basis for FSW), Microsoft suddenly announced a brand new simulator? I quite liked the look of Flight Sim World tbh.

You conveniently left out DTG's longest running product because it didn't fit your pattern.

Can't comment on the fishing games as I tried them but they weren't my thing. Nothing to do with bugs, I just didn't like the focus on boss fish, it just reminded me that there's a limited number of recycled fish in the pond. OT, but yeah.[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ardaeshir

Ardaeshir Well-Known Member

I think that is a great post. I've had some professional experience working for a software&game company before (in a QA role, not a programmer or game designer btw) and it is absolutely true that games for niche markets are often running on a very narrow profit margin. No profit = no new games, no dlc, the company can go under.

However, I want to add one important thign to this discussion and that is the comparison between TS2020 and TSW/TSW2.

I feel the TS2020 model was the correct way to go - expand on an existing platform for some time, give space for user-created free workshop content, as well as paid 3rd party content. All of this greatly expands the lifetime a game has and encourages people to go back to it and buy more dlcs.

The problem I had with it... the prices of some of these dlcs. And I'm not talking about new routes. I'm talking about things like one single livery for a loco releaded 5 years ago costing 5$, while the new Koblenz-Frankfurt route costs 40$. Really, one reskin costing over 10% of a new high-detail 80-mile route? :|

TSW/TSW2 is in my opinion the wrong wya to go. While I think the notion to allow the player to leave the cab and walk around the trains and stations is great, the business model of a game without user-made or 3rd party content killed the thing for me. Then the abrupt move from TSW to TSW2 instead of upgrading TSW... that made me even less excited about that.
    Which is a shame, because I think the possibility of exploring stations on foot in 3D, especially historic 19th century grand terminals that no longer exist, is really something.

But I'm not here to complain really. Instead, I just do what I always do which is: "vote with my wallet" buying more DTG as well as 3rd party content for TS2020 instead of buying TSW2.

Once TSW has routs set in the 1950s and 1960s, has steam workshop and is open for 3rd party content, then I would consider buying it myself. Not before. I hope that this post is seen as constructive criticism.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I totally respect that not every bug may be detected in testing, especially with so many variants of PC configuration and console builds. However, some bugs are totally inexcusable, such as the miscounted jobs on RSN (which is so obvious to anyone how could it be missed and get published?). DTG really do need to step up their game here and I hope they are listening carefully to the community’s feelings in this regard and I hope they’re documenting each reported bug we’ve added to the forums to ensure fixes are put in place ASAP. Bugs really do ruin the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

And stuff like objects clipping the train (Bakerloo line especially). Would have been visible with one single run...

• Like Like x 4
  10. shackcat

shackcat New Member

Firstly I really enjoy playing this game/simualtion and that is why the bugs are so frustrating.
    I bought TSW2 and the associated DLC on the spur of the moment (Steam Launch Sale) and have played so far 50 hrs in all, in the Sand Patch. I own TSW which I played for 5hrs, I own Train Simulator which I played for 90 hours.
    I expect the game to be involved, as it is a simulation, I expect the scenarios to be setup competently with even basic scenario instructions which should be visible to the player on scenario load such as 'MU with Lead and Trail' , so that I as the player then know what to expect.
    What I find unacceptable is a scenario such as Chumberland Charge which completes for some or not for others depending on if you saved a game or if the red light is actually red.
    Where is TSW2 manual that explains to a new palyer all he needs to knows, the current 24 page manual is seriously lacking in detail.

• Like Like x 3
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I owe you and everyone else who might have read my post (which I'll edit) an apology, in fact I didn't fully understand the projection system and so the mirroring issue can be in fact worked around.

Claiming something without having fully understood and having thoroughly tried (or tested) is always wrong, and it's my responsibility to make 100% sure what I post is true.

• Like Like x 2
  12. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

The answer of DTG is here !!
    (Look at the file from facebook)

Damn I love this studio for the smile they bring to me each time they post news on social networks like this :D

Too much possibilities with this game, too much fails, that's sad :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  13. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Can we name this as award winning? Mate that is bad (in a good way) wow. I think why people complain is, we know commercial pressures are a factor and time; how long to give for development but they did say in their numerous streams (which is a lot better, letting us know what they could and couldn’t do) I still bought it because as Alan Thomson said, someone will come along and improve it, be it AP or community passion.

I’m thankful for DTG Protagonist, a gamer; unapologetic and has done some remarkable cleaning up of this dustbin that was the forum.... It’s a lot better now. I’m a fan of their art, DTGs strong points are their route accuracy, and the detail in their work. And I’m hoping that Just Trains never build for TSW as their route building is poor, Rivet however have proven that they are really dedicated.

It’s swings, sleeping policemen and roundabouts with some corners thrown in for good measure but this forum is a lot better since Protagonist is community manager.

• Like Like x 3
  14. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The new Just Trains Midland Mainline extension looks extremely good and highly detailed as does the original Sheffield to Derby and Ambergate Valley so I wouldn't say they are as bad as that. Certainly their earlier routes weren't as good and more basic, but even then they weren't that bad, I bought Bristol to Exeter back in the day and thought it was better produced than the RSC routes at the time. They have made a lot of effort in more recent routes, I was watching a run through of the Nottingham to Leicester section yesterday and there are lots of details on the stations even down to unique local signage.

The Chiltern route and Cornwall mainline are very good in my opinion.

I think the more developers who get on board the better for us all.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think DTG have started to turn people (not all) around with TSW2 since the inclusion of preserved routes as well as the positive steps we’re hearing about on streams. However I dont get how someone with a different opinion to yourself is labelled “toxic”. I get that you may not want to read certain replies that you disagree with, but its a forum. Just ignore it if you think its rubbish. Or alternatively engage with an opposite view.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The platform screens are static images.

17. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, I like it if my efforts in this forum get appriciated :) Although Dtg got a bit better then my code considering the date i've written it.
    Btw my holidays have come to an end :(

18. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the original poster and yourself and many others on this thread, I too have been sceptical because i’ve been following this since Rail Sim days; and its nice to see a new rendition of the ICE train as the one in TS classic is showing it’s age; even the HST.

With TSW2 there is real noticeable differences even the weather feels right, and that’s an unreal engine upgrade more than DTG, but It would of been nice to have London Euston to Birmingham in TSW with the Avanti licence.

• Like Like x 1