Try Hard

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maxipolo12, Aug 27, 2020.

1. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

i´m just trying hard medals like a noob but was disapointed to not automatically obtain medals on dlc I had in TSW 1.
    There is no way to transfer it? (by writing the save files for example)

I´m ok to do it again but i do not want do do it again if TSW3 when UE5 comes :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  2. hightower

hightower Guest

3. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Unfortunately not. It has been said that because of too significant technical differences that we can't see, it is not possible. We all have to do all medals (and collectables!) again. Annoying, but probably won't change.
    Well, there's worse things :cool:

God, me neither :|

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. conrail

conrail New Member

My understanding from my past life as a game dev (note: I was not in charge of this system, but I'm pretty sure I remember it correctly) is that each title has a unique ID in each platform's achievement system (Steam, PS4, Xbox), and cross-pollinating achievements for those IDs, across multiple IDs, is impossible due to platform-holder standards saying the data must remain discrete. As such, nobody builds the means to carry over achievement data for things like, say, the TSW 1 maps turned TSW2 DLC on Steam if PS4 and Xbox don't allow for it.

"Complete Editions" (where publishers roll everything released for a single game into one package) can appear to circumvent this rule since GAME and GAME: EVERYTHING are absolutely two stand alone products, but you still have all your GAME achievements when you boot it up. But, on the back end, the system still sees the multiple titles it has always seen. This might change if there are new achievements specific to the G:E version, but I don't think that's allowed--at least I'm pretty sure it didn't used to be with either Sony or Microsoft.

That's my longwinded way of saying that if we get TSW2: The Expansioning instead of TSW3, then I'd expect we would indeed see achievement carryover. Honestly though, I'd plan ahead for some TSW3 DLC achievement re-hunting.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. maxipolo12

If I have do to the shitty medals on sand grand patch again, it will be without me :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Oh lord SPG medals Powering America 2 silver medal 2 hours wasted never again

7. maxipolo12

had the same yesterday on deplacing train cars.
    I cried 1 hour
    and i launched the scenario again 2 hours later :D What a dumbass ^^

• Like Like x 4
  8. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but if redoing scenarios to get a meaningless medal or achievement is such a discomforting process, why do them.?

I run services and scenarios for entertainment and not for some made up “participation” style trophy. I am sure that my lack of desire to get achievements is my personal opinion and others might want these rewards and so it would have been nice if the progress made on the “preserved” collection could have been brought forward.

One minor complaint I do have is having to repeat the introductory scenario for each route. Though the 5 to 10 minutes spent on them is not going to throw me into a tizzy, would have been nice to not require those for the “preserved” routes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can get out of them by pressing escape.

10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I understand that Anthony, my point is it would have been nice since “preserved” routes are being brought forward because they were previously owned, the default should have been to go to the main menu of the route rather than dropping you into an introductory “scenario” going over very basic information. Not a big problem to hit escape, but Implies previous owners need a review of an old route In the new engine. Not really a logical assumption.