Career Drive

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Driver170, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Driver170

Driver170 New Member

Hey guys just got TS2020 for the first time.

I have also just purchased the DMU Class170. How do i add this Traction to the career trains because here in the UK for the SWML i can only select the Class 450 / 444

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The 170 doesn't come with any scenarios, career or otherwise
    You should be able to use it in quick drive, create your own scenarios or see if there are any workshop ones, but "out of the box", nope

3. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

You should be able to go to the workshop and get some standard scenarios, as you get more into the game you will hardly use career scenarios

4. ARuscoe

This is a leap... I play as many career scenarios as I do non-career ones. I've never played a quickdrive
    Assuming what people will or won't do will generally be incorrect

5. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

I pretty much use 95% of the time standard scenarios of workshop or other websites

6. ARuscoe

I make my own occasionally, but mostly I do career or standard
    Haven't used the workshop even before DTG broke the interface and a lot of third party stuff seems to shove in reskins for the hell of it so I don't bother

7. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Hmph. Not sure how you got it, but it comes with Edinburgh-Glasgow, a rather old route (2011-03-25) but it looks fine enough if you stay in the cab. Also, the Scottish route that will be bundled with TS2021 includes the ScotRail livery.

A slight issue with the old 170, I tried to add it to a free roam and it didn't show up among the assets.
    My installation is rather large so stuff tends to break on its own (like the quick drive available collections) but there might be some issue.

The above being said, it should be QD compatible in all 7 liveries, but I can't confirm.

You could refund the individual and purchase the route.
    If you can't, not sure it's particularly worth it. You could just taxi on the ECML, GWML and other, similar routes.

Oh, and. In case it works, but no QD consists - If you select Custom, you can build trains on your existing assets. Given what you wrote, it shouldn't be too difficult as you don't have too much stuff so the consist builder should be functional.

8. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

I'm with AR on this one, I mostly drive Career scenarios.
    One of the greatest strengths of this game is it's diversity, something for everyone, be it creating/editing routes/scenarios, driving Career, Standard, Free Roam, Quickdrive scenarios, it's your choice...

• Like Like x 1
  9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member