Fully Fueled Conundrum

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Joker729, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Ok small problem here I'm hoping someone knows how to get past. In the journey scenario "Fully Fueled", I made it all the way to the summit stopping point (once I learned how to properly setup a DPU). Time to move the GP-38s to their new spot to wrap up the task. I got them disconnected, and began to move them to the next waypoint. However, there is a red block between me and the next stopping point behind the train. I cannot get the signaler to answer me. I even tried changing locos just in case it was something like that. No dice. I saved and tried rolling thru it. It ended the game because I ran a red block. So now I'm stuck. There are no trains in the blocks behind me for miles and miles. I cannot get past this stubborn red light and the signaler is apparently on vacation.

Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Red lights are a pain in the backside

3. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

Usually when that happens you have taken the wrong path, I can't be certain that's the case here, but you should open the 2D map and make sure you are following the correct track, it's marked with a blue line.

4. upstatenyrailfan

upstatenyrailfan Member

same i was just gonna post about this total garbage just wasted 2 hours!

• Like Like x 1
  5. upstatenyrailfan

upstatenyrailfan Member

the line is set correctly

6. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Yes its the correct path. In that scenario, you really can't go the wrong way. My journey is on hold until I can get past this.

7. Bassarnis

Bassarnis Member

Just did this scenario yesterday outside of the journey mode, first time it worked correctly. Since it was out of journey mode, to continue my journey i had to do it again. Then what you mentioned happened, so i made the run a 3rd time , saving before i pass the lights just in case, and it worked.

Seems a bit random but seems like a dispatcher issue. Also the scenario doesnt tell you to press the Banking COMM button, so people that dont know will have a hard time going uphill.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Lenwigg

After uncoupling the locos as instruted there is only the one path to take to the last objective.

9. Lenwigg

Not sure what the banking COMM button is. But after sliding back down hill a long way I had trouble getting going again. Luckily I had done a save about half way through. This time once I got within two or three miles every time the speed dropped I used loads of sand. So by the seems of it not the correct thing to do but it got me there. And then after all that the dreaded red light.

10. Joker729

Joker729 Member

The banking comm (DISP button on the radio) activates the helpers in the rear set of locos. Turning that on in your loco will cause the ones in back to power the train as well. Necessary to get up the hill with that consist. Otherwise you're basically trying to pull 4200t with just two engines.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lenwigg

Thank you for the info. i will try to remember and find that when I get that sort of thing again. I have done a save a short while before the end so hopefully will find an answer before I feel the need to do another save. Having only one save on PS4 is another pain.

12. Lenwigg

Hi, I have managed to complete it, with a suggestion from a guy, Hentiss Rail. Have you got a save file? If you have this is what I did but it would not work with my original save file that was from about a mile out. This is what worked for me, I did another save, this time when I got to the end and the guy says how well I have done then says go to the other end I did another save. I then quit to main menu and reloaded the saved game. This time it was an amber light not red. Hope this helps you and any others.

I am wondering if those that said they have completed it without any problem did a save along the way and have to use it. If not I think it is the doing and using the save the, the very thing we do to help incase of a problem causes the problem. Or at least causes the problem if we need to load it back in.Had the same a once or twice with TSW 2020

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joker729

Joker729 Member

I had a save, but abandoned it the other day. I've been considering rerunning it. I will try your suggestion. Thanks for that :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Just pressing the "save" button has been the cause of many problems in the past. I never use it because of this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joker729

Joker729 Member

I finally completed that scenario. Your suggestion worked. Thanks :)

16. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

After a few tries to set the brakes properly I finally managed to reach the summit, only for this to happen after uncoupling:
    [​IMG]
    I managed to unstick the locos via reloading a saved game, but now the throttle does not work. Brilliant, really...

17. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, but eventually discovered that the two trailing engines were still coupled to the 52 "vehicles" despite my having seen a message pronouncing them released. Fortunately, I had saved just before attempting to uncouple! After returning to the main menu and resuming the scenario from the save, I clicked both coupler releases (on last car and on engine). After returning to the proper cab, setting the reverser correctly, and releasing all brakes, I managed to get the two "helper" engines moving down the slope, but ... before reaching the destination I ran afoul of a red signal that would not clear; in fact, paging the dispatcher did no good at all -- no response! Must have gone out for a snack?
    I refuse to use the term "broken", but this scenario needs a serious re-haul from whomever created it.

Curiosity leads me to ask whether it runs successfully in TSW1.

18. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

Hello all. I have completed this run just fine in TSW2020, TSW1, and in TSW2. The path to completing I have also put in the discussion on Steam.
    1. In TSW2, when you start the scenario, you need to setup the GP-38s properly. They are not quite right if you follow the scenario. I enter the rear loco, turn the Run, Fuel, and Generator switches off. Make sure the Cut-Off is out and the MU-2A is set to Trail. Also, check that the Radio circuit is off.
    2. Move to the lead and follow scenario prompts to move loco pair to rear of the consist. Before you leave the loco for the long walk, make sure the Radio circuit breaker is ON.
    3. You can run to the lead loco pair but that will mean you have to wait longer for the tanker train to move ahead of you. You will follow it the entire way. Do not rush or you may have to deal with red lights along the way to the summit. So I walked to the rear lead loco and set it up as Trail for the front pair. All switches off, Radio circuit off, MU-2A set to Trail and Cut-Off out.
    4. Move to lead loco and set it up per the scenario. What is left out is to set the Radio circuit breaker to on. Then push the DISP button on the radio above the brake station. The will enable Banking Comm. This is how you control and the rear lead loco and thus the pair. Very important!!!
    5. As you apply power and start to move, if you use the #3 camera, push twice to move it to rear of the train, you can open the windows on the rear locos and look in at the controls. You will notice on the lead rear loco that the throttle will be set like your lead loco. If you change your throttle while in camera mode, you will see it reflected on this loco as well. Trailing locos do not move their throttles. You will see in all locos the proper AMPS and break pressure in the cab dials. This will prove you are controlling all locos.
    6. As you run up Sand Patch, do not be in a hurry and try to run at max speed limit. This will cause you to catch the tanker train ahead of you and you may hit a red light or two. Also, do NOT save while moving and then reload. If you do, the trailing locos will respond as dead weight. You will have to stop completely, Disable Banking Comm with the DISP and re-enable it. BUG!! If you save at a stop, then verify with the camera upon loading that the lead rear loco is responding correctly to your throttle and braking commands.

I did not have any red light hang ups. I hope this help folks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Yeah I did the same as above, and never had any issues with that scenario as well.

20. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this procedure looks totally correct to me- I’ve been posting pretty much the same instructions in many other threads in these forums over the last week or so. As listed here, only turn on the Banking COMM radio in the lead unit at the front of the train *after* you have configured all the locos correctly. Nice post.

21. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

I know this is pc but will this work on xbox because on tsw2 I get the same problem with the red light being stuck on

22. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I play this scenario without problem with motive power, but I got RED signal at Cumberland Mainline entrance (till 10:38) and at Hyndman. Then I decide to climb summit very slow (10-15mph) because train ahead goes very slow and I almost catch him again at Fairhope and Glencoe (signal turn to Yellow 300-600 yards before I reach it). It takes me about 2h 35min to complete it.

23. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Yeah pretty much, I think it took me 2h 34m to complete as well. You are limited by the train that goes in front of you.

24. LastTrainToClarksville

Although this lengthy and complex procedure might get me through this exercise in poor scenario creation, DTG should -- obviously -- take immediate steps to correct the scenario and let us know that they intend to do so, when they intend to do so, and when they have done so. Anything else is just a failure on their part.
    Please note that I am not one to criticize DTG on a regular basis or without actual justification.

• Like Like x 1
  25. LastTrainToClarksville

One of the challenges of this scenario is the fact that there is another long train ahead of you that results in a series of yellow and, possibly, red signals. After seeing the first yellow, you have to moderate your velocity in order to avoid a red, which can present serious restarting problems on the Sandpatch grades.
    That's an acceptable challenge that, for me at least, makes the scenario more interesting than a simple, straightforward run up the grade.
    Faulty or incomplete instructions, however, are not just unacceptable but also display a lack of concern or perhaps undue haste on DTG's part. This scenario is not "broken"; rather, it is incompetent.

• Like Like x 3
  26. bwfer6

bwfer6 New Member

Hi all... New here. Playing this scenario on a Play Station 4 I encountered this problem. I think the 'Beyond Sand Patch' marker is misplaced past the two red signals. It should be opposite or near where the pickup truck is located. which is before the signals. I also have TSW 2 on my PC and have completed the scenario successfully. The is where the marker in the PC version is located as I indicated.

Further, This scenario is incorrect... after coupling the GP38s to the rear of the train. This rear set of locomotives should NOT be configured for MU operation, They should be configured for DPU operation. The rear leading Loco should be configured the same as the front leading loco and both units must have their radios turned on.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  27. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

The two rear locomotives are configured as MUs, with the LEAD having the Radio enabled. The trailing unit is slaved to the LESD and will get its commands via the MU - the Lead with the Radio breaker on will get its command over the radio link once the “DISP” is pressed on the Lead Locomotive in the front of the consist.

28. bwfer6

bwfer6 New Member

Thank you so much for the clarification and correction.

29. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...this is exactly right. I would only add use an ext camera to check the DPU units and make sure they throttle up and down in sync with the lead pair at the front of the train.

30. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This thread is what makes the forum such a great resource. I was able to complete this scenario at the third time of asking (don't laugh) largely from reading these posts. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2