Class 58 Loco Add On Tees Valley Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by isaac47593, Sep 2, 2020.

1. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Class 58 add on. Add on includes Class 58 locomotive in Coal Sector livery/Railfreight livery and the MGR coal hopper wagon. Includes 1 tutorial and 3 scenarios. I think this would be a great locomotive to add, as it would provide a unique driving experience, and allow people to explore an interesting yet rare locomotive on a lovely route. Please, if you would like to see this add on then reply to this thread to show support :) CL58 TSW.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. paul.tuc

paul.tuc New Member

Good choice. Would like to see this added also.

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

I've lived in the North-East for nigh on 40 years and have seen a Class 58 only once- when changing trains in Peterborough. It's been stated that there will be no further development or new content for TSW so, although there's support for TSW routes in TSW2, it's not clear it this extends to running new loco's on them.

The 58 is an interesting loco'- built using a novel (in Britain) modular design and capable but not exactly successful at least partly due to the small size of the class. It was almost the last gasp from BREL.

4. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Any new locomotive is a good choice in my book, I'm all about variety :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. krustynuggets

Quite a few worked in the south, was always a bunch of 58's on the stabling sidings at Swindon in the late 90's for working the MGR's through Didcot power station, not sure how far north they worked on a regular basis, furthest north i ever saw one was around Toton yard for the coal traffic in that area.

6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Used to also work on the Newhaven Freight trains back in the 90s.

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think that the Roadmap does indeed show a new shunter in the works for Rhur Seig Nord which I assume will only work in TSW2 and isn't also being developed for TSW. So it seems possible that preserved collection can have new loco's going forward (unless I read the roadmap completely wrong).

• Like Like x 1
  8. isaac47593

But they are adding the class 313 to ECW?

• Like Like x 1
  9. krustynuggets

Nothing new is being done on the TSW2020 versions all new stuff is for on TSW2 versions, being in a new game engine, all preserved collection routes are classed as a completely new entity for TSW2.

10. isaac47593

Yes I know TSW2020 isn't getting updated anymore, but all of the old routes are being brought over to TSW2, and with the class 313 in planning for ECW I don't see why we couldn't get more locos for preserved routes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. krustynuggets

Wasn't the train list enough in TSW2020, I'm all for more don't get me wrong but i also want new routes all over the world and new never heard of trains to experience too, not just more trains of what you will find on the routes that we have in game already

12. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

That’s why I’m wanting a Danish route (preferably up north like Aalborg to Aarhus) because it’s new Signalling, new Architecture, new trains, new Operations...
    It’s a continuous list. It’s not just about keeping the same old same old and that’s what I like about the new signalling systems.
    But there is something nice about getting more for the original stuff.

13. krustynuggets

Your preaching to the converted dude, I'm all in agreement with with everything you said, more of everything new and old is the only true answer to the question lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Thinking about it since the preserved content can be used with TSW2 it would be odd not to add new DLC to go with it. It'd be another two fingers waved to TSW owners of course but Dovetail seems to be OK with that.

15. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

I can back this