Dream Route You Would Want In Tsw If Possible?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by krustynuggets, Jul 21, 2020.

1. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Gloucester to Birmingham, Swindon or Cardiff would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  2. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Anything on the Western Region of British Rail from the 60s, 70s or 80s would be great.

Personally I would like to see the Swansea to Carmarthen line in the 80s with the Gwendraeth Valley branch, featuring:
    Shunter hauled coal trains on the branch
    Two coastal stretches on the main line
    Steep climb out of Swansea
    Class 33, class 47 and DMUs on local trains.
    Class 47 and HST express trains.
    Oil, coal and military freight hauled by Classes 37, 47 and 56.

Happy to help with research!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Something from CN or CP going through the Canadian Rockys. Or something in Saskatchewan, going through Saskatoon, lots of yards and awesome bridges, would be so great

• Like Like x 1
  4. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Well so far folks you have put forth some seriously epic routes and line ideas, so if DTG reads this and was to pick out a route for future game or DLC, ones of you fine folks has helped create the amazing train sim we all love on our consoles, and that is also equally as epic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. laineshapiro186498

laineshapiro186498 New Member

(This has got to be the first thread where it wasn't complaining about the game lol.) I would love to see the Pacific Surfliner route that's in California

• Like Like x 2
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

If there is not an issue with licensing.
    1. Blue Mountains Katoomba to Hornsby via Sydney.
    2. Glacier Express Zermatt to St. moritz
    3. Canadian Rocky Mountaineer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I would love to drive the Exmouth to Paignton route via Exeter st David's David's and the Dawlish sea wall.

• Like Like x 4
  8. krustynuggets

I'm liking that thought, for me it would be set when Exeter still had its masses of GWR signalling and crazy variety of loco types, a other great idea to go with all the rest you folks are birthing in this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  9. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

1st choice would be GWR Reading to Bristol.
    Could act as a line extension from Paddington - Reading, and the timetables could be matched up.
    Something along the lines of how Journey Mode currently works: ie

Journey 1 on existing Route 1, you depart Paddington17:00 and arrive in Reading 17:35
    Journey 2 on new Route 2, you depart Reading 17:37 and arrive in Bristol to finish the journey.

2nd Choice, I thought would be interesting and reasonable easy to do - Euro Tunnel / Euro Star.
    Lots of freight, a bit of high speed, and most of the tunnel graphics are now already done from the Bakerloo line!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  10. krustynuggets

I got the channel tunnel add on for the original Microsoft train simulator way back in the day, installed it and my PC killed itself, never got to experience it so I'm definitely ready for something like that one day lol!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. twadebarcelona

twadebarcelona New Member

For me, I'd like the GWR route from TSW to be extended all the way to Swansea, rather than ending at Reading.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I wonder what your PC had against the Channel Tunnel that it’d rather kill itself than let you play it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. krustynuggets

My PC was like an asthmatic hamster trying to blow out a forest fire, i think it knew the hell i was forever trying to inflict on it trying to make it run max settings, and in the end chose to end its own suffering lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. ade4472

ade4472 Member

I would love Exeter to Paignton (Rivera) and Loco English Electrics C50. You really can’t have a train sim without the classic diesel locos.
    Or expanding on that, regional dlcs with a few indigenous locos.

• Like Like x 1
  16. krustynuggets

Going by your profile picture I'm going to guess your slighty biased towards the class 50 :D, do like 50's too, and a great route idea :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Brighton to Bedford 377 or 700 or 319

• Like Like x 1
  18. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Köln - Koblenz one of the most beautiful routes on TS2020 so would definitely back this one for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

I like UK and Europe, but let's get to Asia?

• Like Like x 1
  20. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

York to Newcastle

i think it’s about 1Hour: 16minutes so it would be possible

or Middlesbrough to Newcastle Via Hartlepool and Sunderland

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Teza

Teza Member

Piccadilly line any of these be good
    the line that passes through style and now it can goto Manchester airport and to alderley edge that be a good start
    there is another line that heads to Disley station and buxton
    this is a big old line that is deep in history.

and theirs more, the line that heads to glossop this is also deep in history
    we don't have any from Piccadilly yet.....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  22. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Or extended to Bristol

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread can stay in the Xbox forum, but for future route suggestions please use the appropriate forum, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. krustynuggets

No worries boss, i started this thread before i even knew about the route suggestion thread in the other forum :)

• Like Like x 2
  25. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Any Australian route, preferably North Sydney to the Blue Mountains, to include the Opera House and Blue Mountains and the beautiful and absolutely stunning scenery on route to the awe-inspiring Blue Mountains. Hope they can get a licence, for some Australian routes

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  26. krustynuggets

From now on you want to put all your route suggestions in the suggestions forum, that's the magic forum that DTG read and if they like or see a demand for the route could possibly birth it into creation, so fine people of this thread bang your amazing ideas in the suggestions forum and see if we can help create more bits of train sim heavenly goodness ;) :cool: :D

• Like Like x 1
  27. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Glasgow Queen St to Edinburgh , Stirling. Anything Scottish would be nice...for a change.

• Like Like x 1
  28. jacobfiremanz

jacobfiremanz Member

Don't know if it has been mentioned but Exeter to Plymouth possibly with the Exmouth and Paignton branch included. It could be made to include the HSTs or possible an 802 could be added with a 150/2 for the branch line workings. Oh and if it is set in the present then there are HST services albeit the 4-car castle class.

It wouldn't be short of services with XC HSTs and 220/221s and the hourly Exmouth-Paignton services along with the numerous Padd trains going to Plymouth and Penzance.

And if that's not too much of a stretch then it would be great if Laira is added.

There's about 53 miles of track and beautiful scenery along the sea wall and along the rolling hills of devon. With (I think) 23 stations on the lines I've mentioned that's quite a bit. Especially with the amount of services.

• Like Like x 2
  29. jg2290

jg2290 New Member

Blackpool north and south via Chorley and Bolton to Manchester ! Or west coast mainline route say Preston to Crewe .. just something with an electric loco like 86,87,90 cos it’s something they should of done but haven’t done yet

• Like Like x 1
  30. ade4472

ade4472 Member

I just think the old diesel traction had so much character unlike the new modern trains. Living in Bristol we were a hot spot for 50’s and 47’s. HST, sprinters, 31’s and 33’s. A few 37’s made it down but, as I remember, only freight. However they may have done the occasional passenger train but I never saw one.

• Like Like x 1
  31. krustynuggets

I live in Gloucester so here we had huge variety in classic traction, 45, 47, 37, 50, 56, HST, 08, 31, occasionally 20, going back even more in time we had Westerns, Warships, Hymecks, the list is huge what used to work through Gloucester.

• Like Like x 1
  32. rcholmes85

rcholmes85 Active Member

I'd love to have the Cumbrian Coastline.
    Carlisle to Barrow-in-Furness with class 156s, 153s, and class 142s.

Or the Furness and Morecambe/Heysham lines. Barrow-in-Furness to Lancaster, and Lancaster to Heysham port. Class 195s, 156s, 158s, 142s, and 144s

Tunnels, viaducts, signal boxes, single line working with tokens, semaphore signalling and stunning views on the routes. Could also be expanded to include WCML and the Lakes line too.

• Like Like x 2
  33. phocking2002

phocking2002 New Member

Routes from Cornwall to Scotland using class 43 HST in British rail livery

• Like Like x 1
  34. roywild1136

roywild1136 New Member

Manchester Piccadilly to Crewe, So much add on potential, either set in BR days or Modern Day, and also the route varient either via Stockport or Styal , BR days the traction could be Class 86/87 locos and Mk 3 stock for the express ,303/304 or 310 EMUs for the stoppers, and Container trains from Traff Pk could add freight from Ptfm 13/14 (portal) using any Loco (Diesel or Electric), could even throw in another 1st Gen DMU 104s ,108s etc..
    Modern day could utilise Pendolinos for express , 66s for frieght, 323s for stoppers and any DMU from Pacers, Sprinters, etc, could even put the Airport link off the Styal line in.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Mikewhitnall08

Mikewhitnall08 New Member

Mine would be either Manchester Airport to Blackpool north in a class 158 or the East Lancashire railway prior to closure when it was electrified to Manchester and Bolton

• Like Like x 2
  36. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

Mine would be Glasgow to Mallaig via fort William or Inverness to Mallaig via Fort William. Over the Glenfinnan viaduct.

• Like Like x 1
  37. heiko.jacobs

heiko.jacobs New Member

Hamburg - Berlin - Leipzig - Erfurt Highspeed

• Like Like x 2
  38. JR Fastduster

JR Fastduster New Member

Anything Swiss in the 70' with BLS Re 4/4, Ae 4/4 , Ae 8/8, SBB Re 4/4 I, II , III, Re 6/6, Ae 6/6 and older electrics.
    The French "ligne 4" Paris-Basel, also in the seventies with CC 72000, BB 67400 and railcars...
    But that's only dreaming!

• Like Like x 1
  39. Chappers

Chappers New Member

Exeter - Plymouth, Network South East livery with Class 50s/47s.

• Like Like x 2
  40. k-roach

k-roach New Member

i would love to see the south wales valley lines with 142 / 143 pacers 153 / 150 sprinters class 66 on freight.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

GEML: Class 90s, 321s, 360s on passenger services (maybe 317s too) or 745s and 720s for a more up to date feel. Plus Freightliner 66s and 86s for freight

Anything modern out of Manchester, TPE and Northern for passenger services (68s and 142s would be my pick) plus 66s, 70s and 86s for freight

Tbh I'll settle for any 'modern' UK electric locos anything from 92s, 91s, 90s, 88s and 86s would be a dream for me

• Like Like x 1
  42. ghardman918

ghardman918 New Member

A line that was torn up in 1979 that was built in 1835,the HD&R plus all of the colliery branches,if dtg gave me the equipment i would create it myself for free

• Like Like x 1
  43. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The ultimate dream route would be a fully tested buggless,glitchless,issuseless,problemless route but this route could cost so much no one could afford it.So dream on.

• Like Like x 1
  44. zakvdolek

zakvdolek New Member

These two are at the very top of my wish list:
    1. Stevens Pass in Washington State, USA - it's a major east-west BNSF line that is absolutely gorgeous, goes through the Cascades (Mountain Range), has some very high trestles over rivers, lots of grade crossings, and the Cascade Tunnel at the summit: a 7.8 mile long tunnel, at an elevation of 2,881 ft. BNSF runs a lot of intermodal, tanker, manifest, and multiple passenger trains over this route, with many sidings, several small yards, and several passenger stops along the way. To make the project more manageable, the route could start at the two major railyards in Everett, Wa (Delta Yard), and end at the Wenatchee Yard or the much larger Spokane Yardley Yard.
    2. Marias pass in Montana, USA - its another major east-west BNSF line that is beautiful as it passes through Glacier National Park (including several major passenger stops), and extends towards Idaho through Flathead Tunnel (7 miles long), and is used to continue moving freight from Seattle/Everett eastwards. The route could extend from Hauser Yard in Idaho, into Montana, through Flathead Tunnel, Glacier National Park, to the yard at Cut Bank, Montana (or as a flex goal to Great Falls, Montana).

• Like Like x 1
  45. VividS550

VividS550 New Member

As a Canadian I'd like too see more Canadian routes! VIA Rail or more CN stuff would be awesome!!! Even TTC subway lines in Toronto could be interesting.

46. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Im waiting for eurotunnel. They’ve already made it with bakerloo

• Like Like x 1
  47. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Like this route suggestion , and if it’s based on my real life experiences when using this line, then it can double up as a bus simulator (for all the rail replacements services! )
    Will be impossible to run to time, and you earn a gold medal if your train actually runs at all or finishes it journey!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  48. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Yes for the Vic to Bury line with Bolton add on. Might be wrong but pretty sure that line to Bolton was not electrified and ran as a steam until closure. Used to run Radcliffe to Bolton as a branch and was nicknamed Bowton Billy. I live in Radcliffe but too young to remember the Bolton line. It is still possible to walk most of it.

49. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious. Where is the correct forum for this?

50. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Snow Hill Line or Cross City Line (Basically anything with London Midland)
    Message to devs: Please Add I really want it