Snow And Ice - Sand Patch Grade

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Sep 3, 2020.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I ran a scenario called Snow and Ice from the Journey mode. It was the last one in one of the chapters. It had me a bit confused though.

On leaving Cumberland I was told to be careful as other trains had reported bad conditions. But a few miles after I left the snow disappeared completely!! The rest of the run to Rockwood was pretty uneventful.

When I did reach Rockwood and stopped the guy on the radio comes on and says 'Thanks, walk over to the pickup truck and I'll report the traction issue'.......What traction issue? Was I meant to encounter some problem during the scenario?

The only caveat to this was I saved when I got to Viaduct jcn because after I sounded the horn twice as instructed before leaving, the horn stayed stuck on!! Saving and resuming cleared it!

Anyone played this one any differently? It was a nice long run but had a feeling something was meant to happen given what the guy said at the end.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

On TSW2020 the weather changes along the route, at Cumberland - light snowing, behind Ellerslie it starts to snow much more and clouds turn darker, from Hyndmad it was blizard to Mance where condition starts to make better and on Sand Patch weather was clear. Than again starts to snow till you come down to Roockwood.
    Have in plan to run this one today so I will see...

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. TinTin_57

Got it, there was snow on the ground on PS4 for me in the early part then clear weather all the way

• Like Like x 1
  4. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Same here, played the scenario just yesterday.
    Snow on the ground upon leaving Cumberland, it cleared up pretty fast and stayed sunny for the rest of the journey.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TinTin_57

Thanks. So not just me. I wonder then if this is a bug for DTG Jamie and DTG Natster

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

I just completed the Snow and Ice scenario (On Xbox One) and I had snow all the way through the scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i tried this on my PS 4 and it would not give me any of the 2 points/switches to bring my engines into the main yard. they was greyed out on the map so i walked up to them to change them by hand. guess what it wouldnt move so i was stuck. end of scenario another one that dont work properly.

ill try again tmora

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

So I play this on PC and snow was on the groud but it don't fall at all and sky was half clear.
    The weather setup needs to be tweaked!

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I just got round to driving this scenario. There was snow on the ground all the way but no weather changes and the four locos seemed to be overkill for the train and conditions. Never made it above notch 5 power going up or 50% dynamic brake coming down. A very easy drive. Not a single bit of wheelslip anywhere. PS4.

• Like Like x 2
  10. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Can you believe that almost a year later this bug is still not fixed in TSW2 ?! At least on PC. Surely, more important was the release of new DLCs :|

I just finished this scenario. There were no changes in the weather along the route, except that there was snow in Cumberland and no snow for the rest of the route.

The technical fault the conductor talked about remains a mystery. I noticed that after passing Salisbury junction the train seemed to slow down a bit, although it was downhill and the train was completely unbraked. However, I am not sure if it was the mentioned technical fault*.

I don't know how many "reality checks" have to be done to consider selling such a thing the norm!

I guess I really should follow DTG's golden slogan: "If You Don't Like it, Don't Buy it". I'll probably get banned for this, but ... I've played Sand Patch Grade for quite a long time with ... let's call it a "free demo version". I liked it, so I bought a ... let's call it a "full commercial version". And it was a "reality check" indeed, because the "full commercial version" had much more bugs and flaws than the "unofficial free demo version"!

So, in the basic package with TSW2, DTG still sells a route incompatible with the TSW2! One year after release!!! And they doesn't mention it on the Steam store page of course. Is it fair?

It makes me very angry :(

*) To be honest, this game has so many bugs that even if the scenario simulated some technical fault in the locomotive, I would assume that it was just another bug in the game and wouldn't pay attention to it. After all, the horn and bell jam regularly and this is not a fault in the locomotive, but rather a bungling of DTG programmers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1