I'm Doing Something Wrong

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeBrief, Mar 9, 2018.

1. DeBrief

DeBrief New Member

Sorry - new to the train sim genre, and I didn't see this addressed in the forums. I'm certain it's not a bug, it's my own inabilities!

Anyway - trying to do some "services" with the 166, but I can't get it running. Per the tutorial, I unlock the reverser, place reverser in neutral, throttle/brake to full service, then engage engine start button. BUT - engine doesn't start. What am I doing wrong, what step am I missing?

Thanks in advance for helping a new guy!

2. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

You're placing the reverser on Neutral. Not suppose to do that, if you want the train to move in a specific direction. Shift it to Forward (which is one notch down from off) and then, apply power via the throttle/brake. Engine should be automatically on btw, since we don't get to cold start the trains in service mode, from the get go. You can cold start but, you'll always start with the train ready to roll (just need to work the master key, reverser and the throttle/brake - for the most part, in GWE).

You'll get use to it in no time. No worries. Also, welcome to the TS genre of simulations. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

In services mode, all trains already have the engines on. Even ones at depot (yeah yeah, been complained about, DTG won't change it). Doing the startup procedure is a waste of time, as such.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeBrief

DeBrief New Member

Thanks to both of you for your help - feeling a bit foolish! I'll give it another go later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Class 66 Operator

Class 66 Operator Member

Did you make sure that your master key is on

6. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

Class 66 Operator this thread is over two years old. All these threads you're commenting on are over two years old.

• Like Like x 1
  7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Something smells fishy with that, spidey senses are going off the charts, why would anyone reply to bunch of old threads?? :| :| ;)

• Like Like x 1