Acknowledgement Of Known Bugs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Sep 3, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

TONS of bugs/issues have been posted under the technical reports section of the forums. Many of which, multiple people experience all together. These bugs are immersion breaking, Dovetail has put a little snowflake of bugs to be fixed in their last Roadmap update. Either their ignoring these issues or just not acknowledging that they actually see them. It would be nice for them to reply with a “we’re sorry you’re experiencing this, we will be working on a fix in a future update” but they are saying nothing. It’s crazy how all these bugs got past internal testing and it seems like they are neglecting to fix them.

They need to talk with the community more through the forums and work on fixing current stuff instead of pushing out more and more content. The posts they do respond to are small bugs like doors opening on the wrong side and 1-2 big ones like the unable to load ones. They need to pick up the slack, stop being lazy, and fix these bugs.

I will not be investing more of my time in this game until dovetail starts paying more attention to this and stop worrying about the “TREES”.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, would you have done better under the circumstances of this game being made? You know global pandemic, lockdown, not being in the office to easily pass around information of such niggles that exist in the game, when looking at the bigger picture you start to realise just how much of a major achievement it was for Dovetail to get this game out, and they have stated bug fixes will be done on order of importance, so before people start slinging mud and poo at the people making the game, put yourself in their shoes and working conditions given the state of the world, the game's got so many things right with it than wrongs, just a thought to think about??

• Like Like x 2
  3. ZeenozPlays

It’s not just that their working through a pandemic, it’s the fact that they’ve been doing this BEFORE the pandemic. (Neglecting the game, ignoring known bugs, etc.) They haven’t changed as a company besides getting Sam as a community manager.

4. krustynuggets

I believe they stated in a livestream that most of this game was done during the lockdown here in the UK, so I'd say my point still stands, but again could you do any better?? I personality don't see it's terrible like you and others claim, other games with far bigger budgets come out in much worse shape than TSW, maybe it's because I'm old and have been playing train sims for over 30 years, but people are just not as grateful for the amazing amount of good in these games and games in general and just riot over the 1% of mistakes. So I'd say to everyone if you can do better prove it, you won't because you can't, so just be a little more grateful for the people who work hard to give you what you want, there is much more enjoyment in having the game as it is than not having the game at all, again just a thought??

• Like Like x 3
  5. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Expecting an acknowledgement of bugs is fine, and if you left your post at the title it would be good, but as ever with this forum you really need to know when to stop.

When you write purposely antagonistic things, when you start out with what seems like hostility, when you use rude language you make it less likely other users let alone any staff members of DTG will pay any attention to you. You can of course argue how justified you are to be angry or whatever, but in doing so you just make it seem your mind is made up and that there is no point responding to you. These forums do serve a mutually beneficial purpose for studio and gamer alike, so there is an argument to be made for a better way of having issues reported and acknowledged, but you have not made that argument, you have simply written a fairly rude post which will convince nobody of anything.

Everything in this forum is voluntary, and just as we as users can decide when, where, and how to use this place, so can the staff of DTG. I don't think anybody would respond well to being told they are being lazy at their job, especially after what has happened this year, and it frequently defies belief how rude people on this forum people think they can be towards DTG staff and still feel entitled to make demands of them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Bugs haven't been fixed since before the pandemic, so no, that is not an excuse.

The game has done stuff right, I don't deny it, however the let downs often overshadow it.

If they could resolve a fair chunk of bugs, a lot more people would be happier.

• Like Like x 1
  7. krustynuggets

So beautifully put Sir, take a bow, I'm clapping for you :D :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZeenozPlays

My point right there. The game ain’t horrible, but the bugs/issues are the things that ruin the game and ruin immersion.

9. ZeenozPlays

You can’t enjoy a game you can’t even play because it keeps crashing.

10. krustynuggets

Sorry your Ps4 (possibly pro) can't play it, but still might not the the greatest idea calling the dev's lazy and not caring about the game, my Xbone 1x is running it fine with minor issues but still think people should be more grateful for the work people who bust their arse off making do.

11. ZeenozPlays

I’m not trying to call all of the devs lazy, that was a poor choice of words. But there are lots of things they could’ve done better, there are multiple threads of even just one line filled with bugs. Certain bugs ruin the experience the player has. My thread: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/bakerloo-line-issues.26540/

Bakerloo Line Issues has put together all the issues I (before my game stopped working) and many others have talked about here on the forums and on Reddit. Even Train Operators on the London Underground say some of it is off. If they want to deliver a authentic and realistic experience, these bugs need to be fixed.
    Many people are getting fed up with Dovetail because they already have a history of not fixing bugs in the past.

12. krustynuggets

Any game developer in history has a history of not fixing all bugs in their games that's just fact of playing video games, i bet all the other games you play have bugs in them too, do you rant and vent on their forums??(genuine question), so why Dovetail??, I'm no expert in fact I'm a idiot but i do know some bugs don't get fixed because fixing 1 thing breaks 20 others, so the decision is made to leave it because its far less worse than what would be the result, the point being they are making the best decisions they believe to be best for the game, again I'm looking at the much bigger picture than most people here, that's why I say be grateful for what we get its much better than nothing at all.

13. LucasLCC

You seem to be the one who's exaggerating the truth now...

There are a number of developers who do fix bugs, and there are a number who don't.

However, Train Sim World is very unlike your traditional game. Most games rely on a single purchase, with some small amount of DLC. TSW is very much a case of a small purchase and a lot of DLC. When the approach is to continuously sell things for the same game, content needs to be of a high quality. Otherwise DLC purchase dries up, and the company finds themselves in a sticky situation... If the quality of OSD and NEC were higher, I'd likely have purchased them by now, so that's £50 in sales from me alone that their quality has meant they miss out on.

I'm glad that you find the game amazing and that you're grateful for the game to exist, however others find that the game should be improved. I understand your point of view, and it would be good if you understood the other side of the coin, even if you don't necessarily understand it.

You might be the sort of person to buy a TV with cosmetic damage (nothing wrong there, as someone needs to buy it), however I'm not.

• Like Like x 1
  14. krustynuggets

What's so wrong with OSD and NEC in your opinion that was lower quality?? Both solid add ons if you ask me, good freight action on OSD and NEC was of high standards just had crazy speed limits lol

15. ZeenozPlays

And it’s worse that DTG has a bad reputation of bugs and ignoring them. Some companies do fix bugs, some don’t. This guy keeps talking about having a game is better than not, but isn’t understanding what I’m actually saying.

16. krustynuggets

Oh i fully know what you are saying dude I've been playing train sim's possibly longer than you been on the planet, the point is judging what you believe to be the problem, but not knowing what said reason is, and then calling the dev's lazy and not caring about the game that they spent hundreds probably thousands of hours making and continues to give you more of said game, that's what i mean about being grateful for having the game as it is, because you couldn't even make it to this standard, 99.99999% of us couldn't, would you rather a world that these people do make the train game your playing or a world without it, because those people have the power to never make a game again, that's my point and why i say think of the bigger picture, none of us are entitled to have this game, its a gift of all the hard working souls that give it to you so you can play it.

17. LucasLCC

If it was a gift, it would be free (unless this is one of those pyramid schemes "free gift, just pay £19.99 delivery"). This is a product, nothing more. If the quality was better, there would be more sales and overall everyone would benefit.

Regardless, it's still a product and consumers can have varying levels of what is acceptable. You're obviously are very happy (good for you!), but people can also be disappointed (I'm neither happy or disappointed at the moment, but I would have been if Bakerloo was priced at £25).

I do agree that calling the devs lazy is unnecessary however.