Question About Tsw Rapid Transit.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Barkydog, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Barkydog

Barkydog New Member

Hi everyone,

I know this might sound weird but does anyone know if TSW Rapid Transit will include an English language tutorial?

I was just wondering so if the train cab controls themselves will be in German would there be an English language translation as you hover the mouse over each button or control?

I have to say the pictures I've seen here on the forums look great. I'm just hoping there would be a basic way to figure out the controls etc. If they are written in German.

Of course I can always do what I did for needing to translate things in games in the past just use my kindle loaded up with google translate & figure out the cab controls that way.

Better doing that than doing trial & error then risking an accidental spad or derailment.

Well done to the team for creating another good looking DLC for the game.

Best wishes

Barkydog. :)

2. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

If the tutorials themselves aren't voiced over/subtitled in English, then the manual would almost certainly include an English translation with descriptions of switches, gauges, and procedures for running the locomotives.

3. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

There will indeed be a tutorial with an English voiceover that should tell you everything you need to know about operating the Talent 2.

- Jay

4. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Looking forward for the stream later! And playing myself tomorrow :)

5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Where is that users manual???????

6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

There's a link on the Rapid Transit store page.

7. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I realy think there should be links to the manuals inside the game after selecting the route. I have never found them through steam before..

8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Yes, I have suggested having a button to open the manual inside the tutorials section. But if the manual is not on our computers, I don't know how that could work. There should also be some way to get to the signal guides on train-simulator.com considering DTG still has not listened to the constant requests to have those signal guides in the manuals in some form.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

Well. I finally found a link to the manual buried in one of the bragging articles on train-simulator.com. Interestingly, though not unexpectedly, the manual's version of starting the engine is not the same as the tutorial's. The most obvious difference is that the manual does not expect the driver to be able to reach the box on the back wall while sitting down; however, the manual does not include the helpfully keyed pictures of the control areas that appear in nearly every other engine manual from DTG. Neither safety systems nor signals get a mention in the tutorial. The manual does manage to cover safety systems, but there's not a word about signals. Out of 10, I'll give the manual 5 and the tutorial 2.

10. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Sitting in the seat is likely just a trigger to get the tutorial to continue, you're free to get up again if required.

11. LastTrainToClarksville

To go to the toilet and read the manual?

12. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

If that is what the tutorial instructs you to do; then sure.

13. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well you must remember that the single thing that turns on SimuGraph is sitting in the driver’s seat. The battery switch probably won’t work as intended if SimuGraph is turned off...if it would work at all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LastTrainToClarksville

We really cannot know whether they have "listened" (i.e., read particular forum posts) or not or whether they are doing anything in response until they tell us about it. That aside, it seems to me that a link on screen while the sim is running (or a particular key combination, for that matter) could call up a copy of the manual from that obscure site where they hide as easily as from an individual's own computer. For example, such a link could appear on the pause screen.
    Whether being able to view the manual within the sim would be helpful or not is the real question here, given the scarcity of useful information contained in those same manuals. Within recent years, TS manuals strike me as having gotten more and more thorough and thus helpful, but the TSW route-related manuals contain more boilerplate than anything else. As I've written previously, however, more extensive and detailed driving and operational tutorials strike me as much more useful than any manual.

• Like Like x 2