PC Accelerometer-g-force Meter Reversed Logic

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by m.poznan, Sep 5, 2020.

1. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Ok this might be my bad logic, but did anyone notice that the little round thing on the HUD, supposed to meter acceleration and braking force is working reversed, meaning when you are accelerating the ball moves forward, and when braking it moves back, if that indeed is a g force meter, it should be the other way around, so when the train is in acceleration the ball should move back according to the power you are using, the same goes for brakes.

All this might be wrong if that is not a g force or acceleration meter..

Just my 2 cents.. Sorry for bothering!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’ve been wondering about that as well... I just assumed it wasn’t an actual g-force meter- though I’m not sure how they would measure acceleration/deceleration if wasn’t based on g-force. Good catch, will be interesting to see what DTG and others here say about this.

3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Its an accelerator and measures forward.. so acceleration = positiv = up, deceleration = negative = down. For me its correct that way.
    What isn't ok is that it is not centered on the centerline.. the center is slitly below the line. So even when slightly accelerating its below the line for me.

4. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Its the same on the xbox, would much prefer to go down for acceleration and up for braking, to me that's the only way it would make sense.

5. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Thnx to you all for the comments, i thought i was alone, or even thought i was seeing it wrong, but from what i know how g forces work when accelerating or braking, the meter in the game indeed is the other way around, its up to DTG now, maybe we are all wrong :)

6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

That indicator shows the train related acceleration, not the force applied to the passengers / drivers. So if the train accelerates, it goes up because you gain speed. If the train coasts, it stays near the middle. If the train loses speed, maybe because of going uphills, the meter goes back because its slowing down. The behaviour is correct to what the meter is meant to show. Only the way it moves is bit useless. I tried to change that behaviour. It's possible at least to make that thing more usable. Can't tell more about it. Maybe you will see it somewhere in the game soon, maybe not :)

• Like Like x 3