PlayStation Baker Street Station

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DK12345, Sep 5, 2020.

1. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

Last year I used the Bakerloo line quite a lot and I remember stepping off the train at Baker Street, walking across to another platform (without using any stairs) and getting onto the Jubilee line. This memory seems to be backed up by Wikipedia, which states that there is 'cross platform interchange' between the two lines. I was walking around the station in TSW2 today but I can't see any evidence of this. Is my memory faulty, am I looking in the wrong place, or is the model wrong? If the last one, does anyone know why?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because it's not a Jubilee Line simulation, it's a Bakerloo line one, so they probably didn't see any reason to replicate the Jubilee Line section of the station

• Like Like x 2
  3. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

In that case could you not argue that there is no need to model bridges with railways on? Like the Jubilee Line platforms these are not part of the route themselves, but are clearly visible from it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yep, you could make that case

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

In reality the Bakerloo line platforms at Baker Street are on different levels but in the game they are modelled on the same level with fictitious walkways connecting the platforms. I haven’t checked all the stations but I should imagine there are a few that are modelled slightly differently to the real ones for simplicity in the game and to avoid having to model any other line’s platforms.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

So they must have changed the gradients in some tunnels as well.

7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if a little tweaking of all routes happen to avoid certain headaches to building, it been stated number of times its not a perfect replication of routes, but near as dam it representations of routes covered.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I suppose they have. It’s about a 3 metre difference in depth below ground so if they’ve made one platform 1.5m too low and the other 1.5m too high then the gradients wouldn’t be too far out if they are spread across a long distance in the approaches. I reckon there will be a fair bit of this kind of thing along the route.

If you compare this with the speed limits changing at the end of the train instead of the beginning and the signal system being simplified, a few gradients or curves etc. being slightly out isn’t that big a deal. It’s not like many of us will be comparing driving on the sim to driving in real life. I’m finding the underground section of the Bakerloo to be a great driving experience.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

I agree wholeheartedly - it's the most enjoyable route I've driven in either iteration of the game.

• Like Like x 2