Peninsula Corridor: Stop Objective Too Close After Go Via Objective

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Timetable service 329 San Jose Diridon - San Fransisco, at 08:03:00.

After leaving the station the first objective is a Go Via objective. The speed limit is 79mph and the signal is clear, so it's safe to assume the player is travelling at 79mph.

After the Go Via objective, you're given the objective to stop at Sunnyvale, which is only 500 yards left to go. At 79mph there is not enough distance to come to a stop. Overrunning the platform is the logical outcome.

2. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

The speed limit relates to the maximum permissible for the track conditions.
    The driver has to adjust his acceleration and braking with regard to his next stop.
    Juggling your speed to achieve the optimum braking position is a large part of the gameplay.

3. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

If you are paying attention to the trackside signs, you will see a 'S' marker placed one mile before each station. This is enough warning time for those commuter trains to come to a halt--comfortably, even.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I’m so busy paying attention to the signals and keeping to the timetable, I definitely missed this sign. Thanks for the info!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I know, but then you need to know in time how much distance remains before you have to stop. Getting an indication 500 yard in advance is a little late.

Thanks, but I still think the HUD needs a fix here. If trackside signs are the only way to make the stop in time, what's the point of a HUD?

• Like Like x 1
  6. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

This is one of the problems with the current Hud.
    The distance to the next stop should be down near the speed dial, not in the opposite corner of the screen.
    As should the next signal and any speed changes.
    Driving at the moment is like flying by instrument, having to keep up a constant scan of the three corners.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ashleigh.turner.gaming

ashleigh.turner.gaming New Member

I have a feeling that the "Go Via" marker is simply in the wrong place. Where it is at the moment makes no sense and doesn't match the location of an express journey in the opposite direction. I don't believe a "Go Via" marker is required at all; but if it was to be required, I would suggest it actually should around the previous station, Lawrence, where the "Go Via" indicates travelling on the fast through tracks rather than diverging into the platform which is occupied by the stopper service.