A Sale For Xbox Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ehrenholt, Sep 7, 2020.

1. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

can we have a sale for xbox, for the batch of unpreserved content, i would love to own LIRR cos i omly have it thru gamepass and i cant use it thereofre and i imagine others are in a simmilar situation

2. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

and can it be a steam level sale, e.g. a route for the price of a bag of chips

3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

DTG are not responsible for when the sale happens on the XBox or PLaystation store.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Wrong

5. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Best advice I can give is put those routes you want in your wish list. Check on them once a week to see if they go on sale. It does happen, just not very often. Keep in mind that on steam Dovetail keeps a larger part of the profits from their games than on console. They can afford to put sales on games, dlc much more frequently. DLC is their biggest revenue stream. The benefit of the core game being in game pass, is exposure to players who might not play it otherwise. In hopes that, if they like it they will buy the game but, more so, the dlc.
    Keep a sharp eye out for the sales though, they are pretty scarce thru the year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve been aware of TSW since about April/May this year and I’m on PS4. I don’t know if works the same, but the PS4 content has been discounted frequently since then. I’ve now bought everything except the switcher on NEC and the Oakville Subdivision. Most of not all discounted. It’s just worth checking regularly, but to be fair, I would say LIRR is probably worth full price if you can afford it. There is a lot of replay value.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This is correct.

We are offered sale windows by our platform partners at various times in the year and we get involved every time. Even Steam has rules regarding when we can and cannot offer a discount.

• Like Like x 5
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Why purchase LIRR at full price?
    • LIRR add-on - £24.99 / $29.99
    • TSW2020 - £24.99 /$29.99 (LIRR, GWE, MSB, NTP)
    You can purchase TSW2020 even if you already own TSW on Xbox. I think Dovetail should give better value for add-ons already included in TSW2020 (for those who only have TSW1). If I only wanted LIRR, then I would be no better off than buying TSW2020 with more routes.

Fingers crossed the next sale will be add-ons focused and not just the base game/ deluxe editions. Every other week, Ubisoft manages to get a sale in. Microsoft should be letting smaller publishers have more flexibility when it comes to sales.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think £24.99 is good value for LIRR. You are fine to disagree. DTG doesn’t have to offer DLC any cheaper than it sells it for.

10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's quite clear TSW2020 already includes LIRR for the exact same price. No real advantage to buying LIRR on its own. Unless you really don't want great routes like MSB and NTP.

Well...if you want to spend the same money and get less content, I guess that's your choice.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The way I see it is that DLC costs £24.99. The fact TSW 2 included three routes, plus the added features was great value at the same price. I’m not now expecting DLC to become £8.99 or a 1/3 of the TSW 2 price. The prices are what they are. You either buy content at that price or you don’t. DTG can charge what it likes and it doesn’t have to reduce the prices on anything. The fact it does is welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I'm not on about TSW2. I'm on about TSW2020, which includes LIRR. Same price, more routes. They can charge what they want for an add-on but Dovetail have provided a better value option in the form of a TSW2020 bundle. Same price, more routes with LIRR included. I can't make it any clearer, sorry.

13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting for Xbox sale to buy all of things like BR 155, 182, Rhein Ruhr Osten or Rapid Transit because I lost everything after I sold my PS4 Pro.
    And PS4 has last week the sale for all dlc

14. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I think what makes it annoying in this particular situation is especially the fact that the other platforms do get quite regularly sales while xbox doesn't.

matjamca : The last xbox DLC sale was in the end of April (I bought RRO back then and could therefore look it up).

I would still like to know if GamePass has an impact on those sale windows as I might have in mind that there weren't any xbox sales since TSW2020 was included there.

Surely it's always a decision of offer and demand - no one is forced to intend a sale and no one is forced to buy a product at its declared price.

But I know I would have spend at least 60-70€ more in the last couple of months for some products in the upcoming preserved collection (esp. RSN, HRR and the BR 155 but maybe more) if they were discounted at this time.
    I am definitely willing to pay the products at full price when I see enough value for me in them (which hasn't necessarily to do with the overall product quality). In the routes above I'm not sure about it just because of my personal interests. But I would be willing to give them a go for a lower price. I have a feeling that more customers would feel this way... so it's a pity that the store restrictions don't provide the freedom for the developers to do so.

Let's wait for the next window then...

15. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Full price to me is generally worth it when an item is newly released. Down the line, I expect things to decrease in price so hold out for a sale (which is when I spend a lot more money anyway).

I don't think I've ever seen Rapid Transit go on sale for Xbox. Normally it's just a few routes that go on sale and generally only for a week.

16. sVig

sVig Member

Funny how a lot of stuff goes on sale on PSN but not the Microsoft Store though.

Call me cynical but I can't believe DTG don't benefit from TSW being free to play on Gamepass which in turn is why I think the add-ons never go on sale, and it's very very rare if they do. They don't go on sale because the fact TSW is free to play with Gamepass. You do get a couple of quid knocked off the add-on prices if you have Gamepass but it's a pitiful saving compared to the sales you get on PSN sales.

Microsoft keep pushing Gamepass so people buy it. They then decide they like TSW (along with other games on Gamepass) and continue the Gamepass subscription, and then decide to pay practically full price save a couple of quid for a TSW add-on. Microsoft make money, DTG make money, everyone's happy. So add-ons don't go on sale the same as they do on PSN.

Well, everyone's happy except us people that don't really care about Gamepass and have actually paid for TSW and would just like to see the odd sale on par with PSN savings.

Short version: add-ons don't go on sale on the Microsoft Store like on the PSN store because of Gamepass and TSW being free to play for Gamepass subscribers.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Microsoft must get a nice big cut of the tsw dlc sales it no wonder both dtg and microsoft like to point the finger at each other over why xbox tsw dlc rarely ever gets a dlc sale.I don't know why we should believe either side since they can't even get togather and decide on a tsw dlc sale happing more then once in a blue moon,what does steam and sony have that microsoft doesn't,and blaming gamepass for lack of tsw dlc sales on xbox sound like a lazy excuse.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Forza had alot of sales for DLCs on Microsoft, so its Dovetail failure

19. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

The makers of Forza are directly owned by Microsoft, its their own subsidiary company, so Microsoft will always be making money from Forza DLC sales, that's probably why quite few sales happen, on the other hand you have Dovetail, that have to bow down to what Microsoft wants and says, so doesn't have the power to dictate when or how big a saving that would happen, i bet if Dovetail had the freedom they do on steam we would get crazy savings and sales multiple times every year, but big daddy Microsoft calls all the shots as it their platform and that's the final point, if you owned the entire platform, you'd dictate every decision and not just let people do whatever they wanted, so not a Dovetail failure, just Dovetail playing by Microsoft's own terms, nothing more.

20. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

There's an ultimate add-ons sale on Xbox now. Not a single piece of TSW DLC. I've added many to my wish list hoping it feeds the sales algorithm but no... that's probably not how it works. One day I may be able to catch up with DLC as more of it gets added into TSW2. Would want the TSW2020 versions to get achievements in both games.

21. sVig

sVig Member

I'd also be surprised if the add-ons went on sale for either TSW2 or TSW2020 because of preserved collection. They're releasing the routes for TSW2 so they want people to pay full price for those. And they won't put the same add-ons on sale for TSW2020 because people would just buy those at the cheaper price and then use them in TSW2 via the preserved collection.

22. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I hope not. I will not buy TSW2 versions because I want to finish the achievements in TSW1. I'm still buying new routes on TSW2, though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  23. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Am sorry but you haven't offered a Xbox sale in over 8 months. You happen to only go on sale at Christmas and that's only a bare few content. Yet on Steam it's very frequently on sale. And on PS there's more sales that Xbox. What's going on there ?. How is it that your content can't be put on sale for Xbox player's.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Just keep the pressure on both MS and DTG,at some point the idea of a sale for xbox will sound like a good idea and it will happen and i don't care which company gets or takes the credit.

25. Dawidowmaker999

Dawidowmaker999 Member

Cause at the end of the day Microsoft decides when things go on sale. DTG has no control over that.

• Like Like x 1
  26. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Erm, if you own gamepass then the vast majority of TSW2020 content has been on 10% sale since, well, forever so i'm not quite sure how you can say nothing is ever discounted on XBox. Besides which, if you happen to be playing for free via gamepass then £22.49 for a route that can also be migrated to TSW2 if you decide to ever upgrade should be a no brainer when you're going to get multiple hours of entertainment out of it.

27. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

The 10% off price is standard for any game is Gamepass and actually not all the dlc is 10% off.

• Like Like x 1
  28. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

13 Euro x month to having the 10% of discount over TSW add-ons contents. Well! An amazing deal!
    On Sony and Steam literally every 2 weeks you can find TSW add-ons from 50 to 70% of discount.

Of course, GamePass Ultimate offer us a typical McDonalds buffet menu (the more you eat, the less you pay)
    but unfortunately Im not more interested in mass entertainment and in bulimic gameplay, and I would to pay and play only the titles I really looking for. Possibly at the same prices of the competitors. Microsoft policy "forces" us to subcribe GamePass Ultimate. TSW it was a clear example: about 550 euro on Xbox without GamePass for all contents, about the half on competitor platforms because in perma-sales!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  29. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I did some complicated maths and realised it was cheaper to move from Xbox, buy a full gaming pc and ts2 on steam rather than waiting for a sale or buying on Xbox.

30. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Ah, good point. I stand corrected.

• Like Like x 1