PlayStation Preserved Lirr: What Happened?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Sep 10, 2020.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded the new preserved content and I noticed that LIRR frame rate is a lot worse than it was on TSW2020, especially between Penn Station and Jamaica. It seems that the tunnel bug is finally gone, but the whole thing runs very jerky. What happened? Maybe they just incremented the draw distance without further optimization? Not my TSW2020 favourite route but, well, disappointing...

2. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Really is it that bad? It's happening between NYP & Jamaica I'll test it out once I could download the preserved collection when it's going to be available on Xbox

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Finally an obvious bug fixed... that's some good news at least. I can't believe they never sorted this tunnel bug in TSW2020. It's a full price route so you kinda expect a high standard.

4. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Took this video. I wasn't able to upload it at 60 fps, but even at default fps the stuttering is noticeable, especially panning the camera. On a big screen is very annoying, and even worse when another train is near.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

If you could upload a video that actually shows some stuttering it might support your point. To me that video shows how TSW has always been in Penn station. It’s not super smooth but it never was in LIRR, a route which has always had problems, especially when other trains pass.

• Like Like x 2
  6. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

Ferrying folks scenario when u get close to Jamaica u stop at signal Jay58R and there's a stand still which u will have to wait a very long time which the scenario never ends cause u can't reach ur destination