PC Tsw2 - Csx - Session U876-a-coal - Cumberland To Shaw Mine

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Sep 8, 2020.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This timetable session begins well, with a dual engine rig hauling a whole lot of empty coal hoppers, but that doesn't last long.
    The first objective is simply called "Crossing" and sitting right in the driven train's path is another pair of engines, complete with driver and second-seater. After some thought, I decided to approach these intruders slowly and couple to them, which caused no problems except, of course, that the intruder engine nearest mine also had a driver (and its second seater, for what that's worth).
    The next abnormality occurred a while after I had passed an objective labeled "Main Line": a red signal loomed ahead, so I called the dispatcher, who informed me, "you seem to be off the path". After reaching that red and stopping for it, I used the 2D map to check the line ahead -- no other train on my track to be found.
    At that point, I saved, returned to the main menu, and exited TSW2, leaving a mile or so of main line blocked.

If anyone (especially someone from DTG) knows what's going on in this session, please inform the fix-it crew ASAP. By the way, I seem to recall having seen similar reports about this and other copycat sessions that run at different times.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

That one is badly buged but doable. But, yeah, ehkm... 3rd attempt for me :|

3. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

I suggest you restart the scenaro. This time when you get to the go by objective marker with the train sitting on it get close enough to complete the objective, next uncouple yourself from the new loco if you accidentally coupled to it, and reverse back onto the track you just crossed over from. The new loco should then continue on its way and get out of your way. For some reason this random loco is scripted to wait until you clear that objective to do what is supposed to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Spawn 5 minutes before the service starts on foot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

While I appreciate these suggestions from Mr_Crazy and Anthony Pecoraro, the former involves actions that strike me as extremely unrealistic and the latter as awkward to say the least. I've created a goodly number of scenarios for TS and would be absolutely ashamed of myself had I made the kind of careless (not to mention stupid, negligent, and downright inept) errors found in this and other CSX scenarios and sessions in TSW2. This is the kind of situation up with which we should not have to put!!!!

6. LastTrainToClarksville

Yesterday, I found another way to drive this poorly conceived session.

First, let me note that the first destination marker, labeled "crossing", sits directly beneath the front coupler of the pair of engines blocking the driven train's path: the only way to reach its "0 yds" point is to couple to the lead blocking engine.

Before doing that, however, I stopped my train, left the cab, walked to the blocking train, entered its lead cab, and pressed "E" to sit in the engineer's seat. Ignoring the "surrender" message that popped up, I noted that this train is X793: one of the numerous helper return tasks. I then stood up again and returned to my train.

I then drove slowly forward and coupled to X793, left my cab, uncoupled, and returned to my cab, pausing along the way to change the switch set to wrongly connect my train and the blocker. As soon as I had reversed far enough to clear that switch, X793 proceeded toward its destination, allowing me to drive ahead toward the next objective. Note that X793 did not move ahead until I had changed that switch and reversed out of its path.

From there, the session proceeded normally to its conclusion, proving to my satisfaction that this flawed activity can be completed without resorting to spawning in on foot.

Just for the record, I proceeded to complete the coal loading session that follows this one, and will probably take on the final part of this trilogy today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

GJ o7

I shunted these intruders to the most left track and left there high and dry :D

8. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

This involves actions that strike me as EXTREMELY unrealistic ;)

9. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Just think of it as a puzzle. See what you can do to overcome these challenges. When I'm faced with this sort of thing I try and make good of the bad

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

By the way does this issu happen on Xbox and PS4 as well or just pee cee

--edit--

Just done in PS4, the 2 locos were sat in at the first waypoint, so I uncoupled my locos, shunted them onto the adjacent line out of the way, and continued on my way without any issues.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020