PC Tsw: Rapid Transit Known Issues Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Dec 19, 2017.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback regarding issues present with, or introduced by, Rapid Transit. So far we have spent a lot of time investigating and working on your reports and are in the process of developing an update to address the issues being reported.

We are currently investigating and working to resolve the following issues:
    • When passing a speed reduction to reduce speed to below 80km/h, there is no PZB 1000hz influence
    • The HUD does not show a flashing indication on the 85 PZB indicator, the in-cab one flashes correctly and the restrictive monitoring state is engaged correctly, it just doesn't show on the HUD.
    • Pantograph does not react to the correct height of the overhead line in the city tunnels
    • City Tunnel walls do not have collision so the player is able to walk through them and fall through the world.
    • Some signal aspects show a flashing green if the player is approaching a speed reduction even if they don't have a Zs3v indicator attached.
    • Pressing 8 for the free camera while in the city tunnels starts the camera outside of the tunnel boundaries and the player can't fly it back in.
    • Issues with trying to board through passenger doors where the player appears blocked
    • If the player starts a service and completes its first load/unload instruction before its scheduled start time, the UI can get stuck on the expectation to wait for departure time.
    • If the player walks around in the passenger interior while the train is moving, steps in the direction of movement may not be as easy to climb.
    • Unable to operate fuses on the 166 so safety systems are unable to be enabled. Affects EASTBOUND services primarily as it’s the DMOCL(B) that is affected.
    • The headlights on the 166 no longer light up the track and only the marker lights are lit. Same in day and night mode.
    • Occasional white screen flashes when in underground stations.
    • Snow effects occur when in the tunnel.
    • Rain effects don’t go all the way down the windows on the outside of the Talent 2.
    • Platform stop markers on the track don’t render when the player is in the tunnels.
    • GWE: Aggregate industries: Unable to uncouple locos
    • Modelling issues with certain junctions
    • Player is transported to the roof of the Talent 2 and is unable to move without restarting.
    • At certain stations the player falls into the gap between the train and the platform when trying to board.
    • The seats on-board the Talent 2 move physical location and can result in undesired positions either penetrating the exterior or stacked in odd positions.
    Please note that the above list only details the planned content for our first update and there are a number of other issues that have been reported that require additional time and investigation. This does not mean that they are not actively being worked on, just that they will not be included in our first update.

Please continue to report any issues that you are experiencing, this will allow us to thoroughly investigate and collate your feedback with a view to providing a fix as soon as possible. We will be here reading everything even if we can’t reply to everyone!

• Like Like x 11
  2. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Great to see this thread! Good luck with the patch!

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Now this is the kind of thing we need to see! Good to know that these issues are being addressed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information, Jay! I'm looking forward to seeing the issues currently affecting the Class 166 being fixed as they are quite annoying.

I wasn't expecting to find GWE being mentioned in a thread called "Tsw: Rapid Transit Known Issues Thread" as I don't own RT (yet), maybe it's worth renaming the thread to just "TSW Known Issues Thread" to avoid confusion?

Can you also provide an update about many of the other things which have been reported in the Known Issues & Bug Reports subforum? By now we, as your customers, have spent a lot of hours playing the game and have invested a considerate amount of effort to report any issues we have found to DTG. There's also been a healthy amount of discussion surrounding the issues being highlighted, so some feedback from DTG (even if it's just "Thanks, we'll look into this") would be appreciated.

5. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I Think that covers the other stuff a little.. This are just the thing they are trying to fix in the next update. All the other things they have on there list i can make of that comment from Jay.

6. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

It might be, it might not be. There is almost zero communication from DTG with regards to bug fixes, so we just don't know.

A little acknowledgement would be appreciated, even if it's "Thanks for letting us know, we're not going to fix this issue." Anything is better than not responding.

7. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Anything in particular you would like me to elaborate on?

- Jay

8. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Have a look at the Known Issues & Bug Reports forum, there are plenty of issue reports there which have never seen any response from DTG. Since the release of GWE I have reported several issues which have been reproduced/confirmed by others, but have not seen any feedback from DTG and which I have not seen mentioned as being fixed in patch notes either.

Here are a couple of issues which I have logged:
    As trivial as some of these issues may sound, it would be nice to at least get a "Hey thanks, we'll look into this" back from DTG. I'm not asking for detailed timelines or anything, just a simple acknowledgement. The outcome of the triage (will be fixed/won't be fixed) would be appreciated as well.

Personally I think that the guys over at Mojang are doing a good job at keeping track of bugs. Everyone knows that Minecraft is very buggy, but the community tolerates this as they are very transparent about what they're doing. They have a public bug tracker and there are regular pre-releases ("development snapshots") showing what the developers are working on and what issues have been changed.

If I'm honest with you, the (perceived) lack of transparency from the DTG side is currently holding me back from purchasing Rapid Transit. As much as I like TSW, at this moment I do not feel valued as a customer and I am lacking confidence that issues which are raised by the community are taken seriously by DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I second the idea of renaming the thread to "TSW Known Issues Thread". Pardon my ignorance but what's DMOCL(B) when it's at home?

10. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I'll take a stab at that;

Driving Motor Open Composite Lavatory (Brake)

It's based on a set of codes used by British Rail and its predecessors to identify carriages on a train.