Rapid Transit - Pzb Signal Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ASRGT, Dec 19, 2017.

1. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Service 0815 Markkleeberg-Gaschweitz - Magdeburg

North bound from station Leipzig-MDR all aspects show single solid green, after departing the platform the first magnet will trigger a 500hz monitoring event, the next signal ahead is still green and cannot be passed even at 25Km/h without triggering a 2000hz event. Appears signal is either not displaying correct aspect or PZB is all out of whack in this area as its rather common on most services I have ran.

Attempts to pass with PZB override will also fail and trigger emergency stop.

Also near marker 41/8 the yellow speed advisory board of 70Km/h that requires pzb acknowledgment is trigging emergency stop regardless of if it is acknowledged and irrespective of approach speed have attempted to pass and acknowledge at under 70Km/h and it will still trigger emergency stop.
    20171218033153_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

I am glad I found this, as I made a video yesterday about this, asking what I was doing wrong, as I haven't used PZB before. Late last night when driving another service, the exact same thing happened. I am now convinced it's a signal problem.

Can I also ask whether all speed warning triangles should be PZB acknowledged,? Also I assume that you have to acknowledge the 1st (no other) signal that is flashing green (it's a speed change warning I think?). When I say no other, I mean no other flashing green that refers to the same speed change ahead.

Thanks

1415 Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz - Dessau Hbf @ Leipzig MDR

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

I took a look at your video , and yes different service same result. As for the yellow speed sign acknowledgment , the one in your video of the 80Km/h restriction does not need acknowledgment there is no magnet track side for that sign, I am not sure if it's intended or missing a magnet ?

You also are not required to acknowledge Green flashing aspects with speed advisories from what I can see. Again not sure if this is the correct procedure though? :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

There is definetly something wrong with the implemented PZB. There is a 500hz influence that should not be there. The magnet seems to be activated for none reason. So the route sides PZB implementation is the problem here. I guess they knwo about and will sort it out for a possible update.

A not visible magnet isn't a reason for not pressing the acknowledge button. Every yellow (Lf6) sign below 90 (and even 90 with a GPA placed) , every restricting distant signal aspect (yellow, yellow-green, blinking green on KS signals with Zs3 showing a number below 90) need a reaction from the driver. In real life the PZB records all of your actions to a log. If you not react as required they (the bosses) can see it if they want. So better pressing PZB acknowledge once more than lesser, but also not always.

Some examples:
    - yellow sign with 8 -> press PZB Acknowledge -> there could be a influence
    - yellow sign with 12 -> do not press PZB Acknowlede but expect a 2000hz GPA coming away, so do brake down to 130 within about 500m
    - green-yellow distant signal aspect without Zs3v sign -> press PZB Acknowledge -> there will be a influence for sure
    - green-yellow distant signal aspect with Zs3v sign below 90 -> press PZB Acknowledge -> there will be a influence for sure
    - green-yellow distant signal aspect with Zs3v sign above 90 -> do not press PZB Acknowledge -> but expect a 2000hz GPA coming away, so do brake down to the signs speed + 15 within about 500m
    - yellow signal aspect press -> PZB Acknowledge -> there will be a influence for sure, prepare to stop and expect a actrive 500hz withing the next 600-700m (so brake down more to be safe (on PZB Mode O to max 65 at the 500hz and further down to 45 within 153m)
    - blinking green distant signal aspect with a Zs3v number below 90 -> press PZB Acknowledge -> there will be a influence for sure
    - blinking green distant signal aspect with a Zs3v number above 90 -> do not press PZB Acknowledge -> but expect a 2000hz GPA coming away, so do brake down to the signs speed + 15 within about 500m

GPA = speed checking point

• Like Like x 2
  5. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Cheers vR Maik very helpful, this also confirms that what we are reporting is not expected behavior of the PZB system .
    Thanks for your response very informative.

6. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

Thanks to both of you for your replies. There certainly seem to be a bug at that particular light @ Leipzig MDR, but only when running a service (it seems). I re-ran a scenario (Cross Town?) with PZB and Sifa enabled, and that same light worked perfectly, assuming nothing happening is perfect :D Admittedly I did approach the light at 20 kph just in case .......

I think I will continue acknowledging stuff I am not sure about, just in case. After all there is no punishment for pressing the acknowledge switch. Also in the dark or in poor weather, spotting a magnet visually is not always easy. Never mind the possibility that the trigger is there, but the magnet isn't .i.e a bug