Other Known Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LucasLCC, Sep 3, 2020.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Today I've been through every bug report since TSW 2 has been released, and compiled a list of all the bugs that are repeatable (I've not included bugs that can't be repeated, as if we can't repeat them then it's also likely that DTG can't repeat them).

It's highly likely I've missed bugs, so feel free to add anything to this thread. I'd like to keep this up-to-date as possible, as I think it's a useful resource.

There's two reasons I've done this:

- It should reduce the number of duplicate threads. The 2C09 SPAD issue has at least half a dozen threads. If you want to add comments to an existing issue, hopefully people can use the search function to find the correct threads.

- Hopefully this will help to put pressure on DTG to fix bugs. The roadmap shows a token effort, but as you can see, they have a long way to go.

Hopefully this is of some use...

Spreadsheet can be found here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GRPRm_4_0wha-1mVSYc6fktYa70aPoIh/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Ruhr Runner trophy bug on PS4 (HRR) needs to be listed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LucasLCC

Number 47 :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I see it. So many bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LucasLCC

I've now uploaded the spreadsheet onto Google Drive (as opposed to the random file sharing site used previously).

A few changes that I've made:

- Bug 14 - Seaford Branch in Scenario Planner (Permanent Red) - Resolved in latest Patch
    - Bug 47 - Ruhr Runner Trophy (Playstation) - Appears resolved in latest Patch (although nothing in patch notes)

If I've missed any other bugs that have been resolved, please let me know.

I've added another 9 bugs that were identified prior to the second batch of preserved content being released.

Now that batch 2 has appeared, a number of weird and wonderful bugs have appeared. I'll be going through and adding these to the list soon...

• Like Like x 2
  6. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

7. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Missing a couple of Bakerloo Bugs, like the Traction Motor noise is too loud, there’s no track noise, headlights are too dim, and speed limits are triggered by the back of the train. Otherwise, this list is good. There are so many bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I have made a thread describing three bugs, but I'll post a brief summary of them here since my thread is still awaiting approval.

1. (Major): Weights of loaded freight wagons on Ruhr-Sieg Nord are both incorrectly listed in the service briefing and also incorrectly implemented in the physics engine. I have tested both the coal hoppers, the steel wagons and the covered wagons and they all show up as 22.5t (unloaded) in the briefing and around 40t from acceleration testing, while they should be closer to 90t for the coal wagons and covered steel wagons.

2. (Major): The variable friction of coefficient model that DTG has implemented for the clasp brakes (brake force should rapidly decrease for higher speeds) is incorrect. The in game function of brake force vs speed is a shallow linear decrease while the real world dependence is a steep curve. This causes both unrealistic braking performance and in particular for North American routes like Heavy Haul it makes it impossible to drive the trains in mountain grades (around Sand Patch) like a real engineer would drive the trains.
    Correct curves are available online, which I have linked and described in my thread.
    See this link, green and red for NA wagons (mostly green for modern composite brake shoes) and
    dark blue for European/German cast iron brakes.

3. (Major): Brake force for German freight wagons like those in RSN are too strong with the current variable friction model but real world values are available. For NA freight wagons like those in HH they are (probably) too weak but this is hard to test with the current faulty friction model. Most NA freight wagons (such as coal and grain hoppers) should have a maximum deceleration (near zero speed) of between 0.11*9.81*0.5 and 0.13*9.81*0.5 or between 0.54m/s^2 and 0.64m/s^2 when loaded.
    I have described how to get correct values for both NA and German trains in my thread.

All of these bugs are Major in my opinion because they more significantly affect the realism and play behavior than some of the earlier mentioned Major bugs but they are not game-breaking in the sense that you can still play the game as it is, so they shouldn't be regarded as Severe.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Teza

Teza Member

This is a sound bug that i already posted on another thread but with no replies or no one as heard this yet
    but you can now...

When the live stream was on today, the sat the 12th stream
    Train Sim World 2 - BR 155!, if you listen from 7:20 in stream you will hear this sound
    but no one could hear it, (or they never said anything), but i did, because it drives me mad in game when it starts.

someone from dovetail needs to watch the stream and the sound bug is there.
    and hopefully now can be found and fixed. its a whistling sound that goes from low sound to high

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ade4472

ade4472 Member

On XBox platform whilst using the Class 20 Waggon remove scenario, there is a bug where after disconnecting and arrival at the waggon repair shop the wagons totally disappear in the shed with the shutters down. When then after removing the wagons and relocating, aspect is proceed, whilst in the yard, yet you end up with SPAD when there isn’t one.

11. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Well, I really hope someone from dtg sees all your efforts and it shames them into looking at these ASAP.

It will be interesting to see how many of these actually make it onto the roadmap tomorrow and how quickly they get dealt with.

I completely understand that individually most of the issues are not game breaking, but cumulatively they do start to become a problem and a big annoyance.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LucasLCC

Added to the list.

I've added the track noise to the list, however having never been in a cab I don't know if the traction motor noise is too loud?

Speed limits have been implemented wrongly, however DTG have stated this is a "feature" as opposed to a "bug". Personally I agree that it should be correct, but not sure if it should be added to the list...

13. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The noise is too loud. It seems as DTG made it too loud because there was no track noise. Also, since the Speed Limits don’t work as they are supposed to on the real Underground, I’d say it’s a bug.

14. LucasLCC

And updated again. Another 34 bugs added...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Excellent work and commitment.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It may be useful to mention how often a specific bug has been reported, or confirmed. Also a column if the bug affects gameplay. I know this is a horrible amount of work. Thank you for your effort.

A minor detail, can you align the bugs left instead of centred for better readability?

17. LucasLCC

As a general rule I've only included bugs that I have been able to reproduce, or several people have stated they experience. However, having a "Reproducible" column wouldn't hurt (where the options are: "Not tried", "Sometimes", "Always" isn't a bad idea. I'll try and work that into the next version.

The severity column has a key on the second tab. If it's Minor then it doesn't affect gameplay (stuff like typos on the menus etc), if it's major then it affects immersion or playability in some way. Severe is anything that stops you completing the session (so wagons in the way) or something that stops you getting an achievement of medal. Critical is anything that causes the game to crash, and therefore unplayable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mr.Drew

Mr.Drew Member

DB BR 143 has no engine sound within the cab. Worked on TSW 2020. Now the only option is to open the window. If you don't do that it is practically silence while driving.

19. LucasLCC

I've covered this under a general bug:

74 -
    Preserved Content - Sounds much quieter than on TSW 2020. Most noticeable on Penn Corridor and RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

thanks for adding the xbox ECW thing to it