PC Turn Off Cab Light Completely In Talent? (shift+l Does Not)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rogge, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Rogge

Rogge Member

Is there a way to completely turn off the cab light in the Talent to make the cab itself dark?

By default the light is kind of "on" always and make the cab very illuminated even in daylight and when driving in the dark it is very distracting since the cab is very illuminated. Shift+L does not turn of the cab light completely. (See the attached image)

This is one thing i disliked about locos in Trainsimulator, that some cabs were very illuminated by default and thus imho ruined the feeling when driving when it´s dark outside.

Is there a way to fix this? :)

Attached Files:

2. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Your attached image is clearly with the cab light on.
    It looks like this with cab light off:
    upload_2017-12-20_23-6-44.png

If you want complete darkness, turn off passenger lights. There is a glass door behind you, after all ;)
    upload_2017-12-20_23-7-57.png

3. Rogge

Rogge Member

You are right, thank you! :)

I expected the cab light to turn directly of by using the keyboard shortcut, but it appears that one must hold down the key some time before something happens. There is a bit of delay for some keyboard shortcuts that i missed.

4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

The cab light on the Talent 2 is inverted. Hitting L puts it on reading light mode, hitting Shift + L puts it on whole cab light mode. To turn off the cab lights as they are set up by default, you have to hit L, not Shift + L.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

A message in which useful tips such as this were collected (without any other messages) would really be helpful. Any interest in this from our benevolent creative team?