Lake Shore Limited - Albany To Chicago

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NGenGZ, Dec 17, 2017.

1. NGenGZ

NGenGZ New Member

Hey all!

Just found these forums so wanted to throw an idea out there - Lots of folks out there are asking for an Amtrak route so I may be late to the party with it, but what would be awesome is to see the Lake Shore Limited from Albany out to Chicago! Currently two separate trains (49 and 449) meet up in Albany NY to continue to Chicago IL, and to see that route would be amazing, as I take it often.

Thank you and let me know any thoughts!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

I think that they should do the Hudson line from Grand Central and Penn to Albany and maybe make the extension to Chicago. The Hudson line would be so much better and more scenic! You also get Metro North and Amtrak. A great mix!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. NGenGZ

NGenGZ New Member

Oooo, Penn to Albany would be fantastic you're right! To have two major cities connected, up through the hudson valley, I like that!

4. NEC_Male_TC

NEC_Male_TC Active Member

Albany to Chicago is just too long as a route. If the whole Water Level Route from New York City to Chicago were created, while it would be amazing, it just seems extremely unlikely to model the whole thing.

To be honest, I've traveled the entirety of the Water Level Route from New York to Chicago in the real world and based on what I've seen with Dovetail Games when they pick subdivisions of famous mainlines, they only pick two, and let third parties do the rest as we've seen with routes like the Northeast Corridor, East Coast Mainline and Transcontinental Mainline.

So with that said, I hope Dovetail Games makes good decisions about making the Water Level Route. The two best "no brainer" sections of it that are the most famous and would have the most appeal would be the New York City to Albany (or just the New York City to Poughkeepsie, NY) section and the Chicago to Elkhart section. Those two sections are the most exciting for sure. Let third parties make anything else between Albany and Elkhart, because the part from Albany to Elkhart is just too boring for train simulation games and I think Dovetail Games can really enhance their image by getting it right for the first two subdivisons of the Water Level Route.

Dovetail Games should make New York City to Albany or Poughkeepsie because of the amazing and diverse amount of scenery along the Hudson and Harlem Rivers plus the fact that there's third rail electrification on the southern-most part from New York City to Croton-on-Hudson, NY.

Dovetail Games should make the Chicago to Elkhart because that's where the Water Level Route ran parallel to the Pennsylvania Railroad's mainline in Chicago's South Side and Northwestern Indiana, which what spawned those dramatic and awesome pictures of the New York Central and Pennsylvania Railroad trains racing each other. There are also some large dockside yards along Lake Michigan in Indiana that the New York Central also used.

5. Lawjester

I agree!! I really would like to see the Metro North more so then Amtrak but I still hope DTG will pick the LIRR before they do Metro North.

6. NGenGZ

NGenGZ New Member

Excellent feedback - Possibly if Amtrak is what is to come out next, I would hop they incorporate the albany to NYC route, two major stations would provide lots of popularity, assuming it's done correctly.

7. Lawjester

One should hope DTG will not do this like what they’ve done with the Penisula Corridor that was just released. Tons of bugs and overall bad quality. I really believe DTG is starting to slack off, and it bothers me because then we decide to spend our good money for bad quality DLC’s.

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yeeeeessssss!!!