Coaster Commuter Rail San Diego-oceanside

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Apr 24, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would love for this route to be included in TSW, since it is a very well known route for us living in SoCal. It’s not that long, so I don’t think DTG would have any difficulties with its creation. The trains are all of what we’ve seen in past dlc except one new train. As for freight services it is DTG’s decision to either add it or make it a separate dlc. If this route gets added in TSW then it would make the game a lot more fun!

Part 1: The Route Itself
    COASTER (or Coast Express Rail) is a 41 mile route running from San Diego-Santa Fe Depot all the way to Oceanside Transportation Center. It is operated by bombardier transportation and the North County Transit District. In total, the route has 8 stops calling at Oceanside, Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad Poinsettia, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Sorrento Valley, Old Town San Diego, and finally Santa Fe Depot. Trip time is about 1 hr in each direction, with a top line speed of 90 mph (pretty fast overall!). The line itself was built by Amtrak in the late 90s, in cooperation with the state of CA. As everyone may (or may not) know, the Pacific Surfliner also runs on this route, so DTG could make a dlc including it (or include it with the route in a special pack). Future expansions of the line would include a new double track mainline (currently single track, if the route is made like this we would have a lot more fun knowing we gotta stop for other trains to pass at sidings), service extension to Camp Pendleton, and additional stations at the Convention Center and the Del Mar Racetrack for use only in special events (like Stanford on the Peninsula Corridor). Attached is a route map of the entire line.
    upload_2020-4-24_10-58-30.png

Part 2: The Rolling Stock
    The NCTD owns only 2 types of locomotives, which a purchase (approved by the NCTD) of 7 Siemens Charger locomotives to replace the other 2 models, which include the EMD/ MPI rebuilt F40PH-2C and EMD F59PHI. The F40 from the SFJ route could be modified in terms of paint schemes and sounds to suit the COASTER, and a new train could be added to the game, the F59PHI. COASTER also owns 28 bombardier passenger cars, also can be modified from the Baby Bullet dlc. As for the Chargers, maybe that could be included in the route or another loco add on?

COASTER F40PH-2C #2105
    upload_2020-4-24_11-5-31.jpeg

COASTER F59PHI #3001
    upload_2020-4-24_11-7-0.jpeg

Plans for Siemens SC-44 Charger paint schemes:

upload_2020-4-24_11-10-8.jpeg

Part 3: DLC
    As for the DLC market, Amtrak dlc could be included. This means that this might be the first Amtrak diesel hauled passenger train in TSW (if the route gets released). Amtrak dlc could include another Siemens SC-44 as well as its Bi level cars. As for freight, maybe that gets released as well? But it would be BNSF, which, unfortunately, due to licensing issues, (unless a third party makes the route), might not be included in the route. But if it does get included, I would love to see a BNSF GE ES44C4/ET44C4 as well as a C44-9W or SD70ACE, and for switching maybe a genset and a GP60 for local freights.

upload_2020-4-24_11-14-14.jpeg

Conclusion
    I would love to see this in TSW, this is one of my dream routes! It has so many interesting trains (even ones I wanna see in the game). Comment below if you would like to see this route added in TSW!

• Like Like x 14
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I would buy this if it has BNSF. A Genset and ET44C4 would be great BNSF locos to include. Amtrak and Coaster SC44 Chargers are a necessity.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Ballantyne

Ballantyne Member

I would love to see this myself!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jhonfrankford

Jhonfrankford New Member

I would buy this route in a heart beat! Love the idea

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Only issues I see is licensing, as when DTG brought the train over to Train Simulator back in 2014, they couldn't get the rights to the Coaster branding, times changed however so we'll see.
    Screenshot_20200911-102242_Steam.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Love the idea of a drive by the beach. Looks beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you jedi247.

• Like Like x 1
  8. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

Looking back in time... when Amtrak Pacific Surfliner was released in 2013.

Coaster nearly made it... RSC back in the day announced it way ahead of time to give us a sneak peak at it.

These screenshots were from Facebook in 2013, which can be found under the search post function and Train Simulator F59phi.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MetrolinkF125#916

They could add coaster unbranded, then we could finish off the livery in the livery designer, same for BNSF.:)

10. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

I would like to see them eventually expand to Los Angeles and include Metrolink too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I would love if DTG could make the whole Surfliner route from LA-San Diego. But the longest route we are getting is the TGV line which is 50 miles. Not even half the length sadly

• Like Like x 1
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea, and the whole Surfliner LA-San Diego route is 128 miles in length, which would take DTG very long to complete, and they’ll have to charge more for it too.