Tsw2 Lirr Sound Bug

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by InstaSim, Sep 12, 2020.

1. InstaSim

InstaSim Member

Just noticed something really strange on LIRR when I was playing it yesterday (not sure if anyone else has had this issue as well) .

On LIRR on TSW2, for some reason opening the windows inside the cab makes everything go much quieter. I only noticed this when I had my window open and couldn't hear the horn when I was sounding it. Though when I closed the window again, the sound returned to normal. It's a very strange one as I don't recall it happening on TSW2020.

Not sure if anyone's had something similar happen but feel free to share your experiences in the replies :)

2. 931105799

931105799 New Member

This happens to me as well. It really feels strange. So I have to close the window when running to get a better sound of the horn. Hope this can be fixed asap.

3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, sounds are pretty broken on the LIRR (and from what I've read, on other Preserved Collection routes as well). The horn on the M7 is now bugged the same way it was on the M3, also I just can't hear the motor sounds of my M7, even though AI M7s sound just fine. The sounds are also a bit different on the M3 as well, there is like a constant really loud wind noise when you're going. But talking about wind noise, there is pretty much none when opening the window.

Don't give the guy who made the sound balance a raise, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I don't get how these things weren't picked up during testing. ( But I wouldn't understand these things :) I mean they really killed the M7)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The M7 was one of the best sounding trains in TSW 2020. Now it sounds muted and unloved.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Really, some of these stuff feel like they were made blindly and released without testing. I mean most of the stuff works fine, but how can sounds be this messed up, when even they themselves said "there are no drastical changes to how sound works".

Well anyway, I'm hoping they will be able to fix these soon. It's just a bit bummer that stuff gets released like this.

• Like Like x 2
  7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

That's what I think really like some of these bugs are obvious

8. InstaSim

InstaSim Member

Thank you all for the input :) it's an odd one. I think it was mentioned on one of the streams there may be some additional sound mixing done to the Preserved Collection, but as far as sounds go there wouldn't be anything major (for example, re-recording).

Something like this could very well not have happened in a test as well. So, during a test, everything could have been working perfectly fine, but on release something could happen which never happened before (maybe testing picked up the sounds when the windows were open was too loud, I dunno).

I can't imagine something like this being intentional, which is why I brought it up. It sounded fine in TSW2020, but needs an increase in the volume for when the window is open in TSW2 :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this, I've made a note of everything mentioned and it is being looked into.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The M7 is fine for me. I hear it.

11. InstaSim

InstaSim Member

Thank you Natalie :)