Sand Patch Grade Stuck Red Light.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bones.n.hombre, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

New to TSW, I’ve been enjoying playing this sim.

I have been stuck at a red light for 30 minutes. Now part of me is wondering if something is broken, but part of me thinks it could be deliberate to be realistic.

What’s the wait times on these things usually ?

2. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Did you reload a savegame? Which service were you playing?

3. bones.n.hombre

Yeah, it happened before at the same point. So the second time I made a save just prior to the light and have tried reloading without much joy.

U876-A Coal - Cumberland to Shaw mine.

When I look at the whole map I see multiple trains stuck at red lights, I may have done something wrong.

In general I find saving a game can create problems, waypoints not registering etc, so I usually pause and suspend the Xbox if I’m not playing in one seating.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bones.n.hombre

I have found the answer elsewhere on the internet.

the mission is bugged, with a tractor unit spawned incorrectly. If one chooses ‘free roam’ and sets the time to just before the start of the mission, then enters the unit and starts the mission that way the other misplaced spawn does not happen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This way you won't check off such a scenario in Journeys.

6. bones.n.hombre

Oh, bugger. Well that makes the journey incomplete-able. As one spawns into the engineers seat and the other locomotive is spawned and stuck, when you go in through journeys.

I started it earlier but, had to do some work, I will finish it later, hopefully it will at least complete the manifests/jobs.

7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The entire Sand Patch Journey is doable (PC) with a certain amount of patience :) 'Hope, on Xbox too! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  8. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I’ve got the same on Cumberland Charge, I saved the game and loaded again, I’m not stuck at the last red before the yard over 2.5 hours of gameplay and I’m stuck under a mile from the end. I’ve tried spading and loading again, getting out and walking but nothing.

9. kevinelder73

kevinelder73 New Member

think the answer to all our problems is the save game system is not working on xbox. Ive done all these without saving and finished all of them. I may be divorced soon by my very patient wife but 2hrs plus is starting to annoy her a bit lol . With regards to the cumberland shaw spawn to the turntable at 14.30 and walk over to the units and take control. This way the helper locos that are returning dont stop on the crossing making it impossible to get past

10. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

It's now working properly on Ps4 either.

11. Mr_Crazey

Mr_Crazey Active Member

I've finished the entire sand patch grade journey on Xbox as well. Every bug that I encountered had a work around.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kevinelder73

kevinelder73 New Member

I did a spawn today. I looked up a service which started from cumberland west yard at 12.30 so i spawned at 12.20 walked to the loco and took over the service. This seems to be the way to get round bugged services. Ive done this 3 times after the timetable services had spawned vehicles in the way

13. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya you have to do the entire scenario over again, I had this exact thing happen to me. Didn't play the game for a month cause I was so sick of it. Finally did a couple days ago, and completed it without loading and it was fine. The funny thing is, is that the light doesn't actually change from red, it stays red, but then the indicator on your screen goes green. And it happens right when you stop at location in front of the yard, so if it doesn't instantly, it's broken

14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Something to note about this scenario and others similar, it seems that the brakes are very finicky, it seems the dynamics have to be in setup for a few seconds before you engage it or else it doesn't seem to work, and even when they do, they pretty much do nothing at 1.5 percent grade and higher, the whole Cumberland Charge I had them on 8.

Also the automatic brakes act so weird on this scenario, if you use them a bit at a time, say even initial at first and then more, you lose all your brake pressure and your train will not stop, at all. You have to reset your brakes. And another strange thing is that they don't release at all until you do a full release. Usually they release air as you bring the bakes back, but for some reason they don't. Very confusing.

15. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I did the whole scenario again and another 2 1/2 hours but it's done.

16. wbuzz1

wbuzz1 New Member

I have never encountered any of those issues on the One x sorry you are